Discuss the campaign and all things BF.

Moderator: Executive

BlooDRaptoR1

Re: BF4 Bullshit

Post by BlooDRaptoR1 »

FisherMan9999 wrote:
Bock wrote:It's magic!
I feel your pain.
Anyone else want to play a different game for our next campaign?
*cough*Battlefield 3 *cough*Arma3*cough*
I would like arma 3 as a campaign, although it's not like Battlefield series...
C4 -Image
C5 - Image
Necromancer
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Necromancer »

mrBLUE9 wrote:
Necromancer wrote: constant attendance? it doesn't look like our TS is exploding with people on battledays as it is. let me just check how many people played last battleday.... 22vs21 on golmud. shanghai was 23vs23 ... similar to the last campaign of BF3.
attendance is pretty low anyway.
Well, it's going to be even lower if we change games in my opinion.
This is the first campaign of BF4. We are supposed to be queuing on TS more then playing during the battleday. We are far far from it. If the gameplay isn't fixed we can expect even lower numbers.
Changing game will first of all make it actually enjoyable to play.
The popularity of BF3 (or any other game) vs BF4 is no more then an assumption based on nothing more then a hunch (unless you actualy researched it). Might actually be more then we currently have. Even if not then we can do something our senate feared to do for a long time - recruite using popular sites/communities/youtubers without drowning in the flood of new members.

TL;DR
Bottom line is that its not fun to play, and we dont have the numbers to play it. If its not fixed for C2, then what exectly do we have to loose by changing game or rolling back?
-“Regret your helplessness…and feel despair.”
Achievement Unlocked: Battlefield 4 Uninstalled!!
A Docile Sloth
Executive
Executive

Post by A Docile Sloth »

Necromancer wrote:This is the first campaign of BF4. We are supposed to be queuing on TS more then playing during the battleday.
I don't think this is strictly true. When BF4 came out there was never a big recruitment drive. We have gained people through googleing BF4 tournament (or similar) but nothing active on our part. BF4:C1 was designed to be a test bed for BF4 so future campaigns don't have the "This is OP" / "This mechanic is broken" theme that this campaign currently has so no major effort was made to get people in. I agree we need to get this as much of the weapon balance stuff fixed before C2 comes around as we can.

If we did a big recruitment push now, I suspect we probably would end up in the waiting room more than in server. We haven't so we are not.
Jokerle
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Jokerle »

Alan Kerz is tweeting some seemingly random balance ideas...sight
Wat ne Wuchtbrumme!
Bock
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Bock »

Necromancer wrote: This is the first campaign of BF4. We are supposed to be queuing on TS more then playing during the battleday. We are far far from it. If the gameplay isn't fixed we can expect even lower numbers.
Changing game will first of all make it actually enjoyable to play.
The popularity of BF3 (or any other game) vs BF4 is no more then an assumption based on nothing more then a hunch (unless you actualy researched it). Might actually be more then we currently have. Even if not then we can do something our senate feared to do for a long time - recruite using popular sites/communities/youtubers without drowning in the flood of new members.

TL;DR
Bottom line is that its not fun to play, and we dont have the numbers to play it. If its not fixed for C2, then what exactly do we have to loose by changing game or rolling back?
Necro's got it right. At the beginning of the campaign, we had full servers and a few people in the waiting rooms. Now we can barely muster the kind of numbers we had in the last BF3 campaign. This is probably partially due to the one-sidedness of the current campaign, but it's mostly due to disinterest in the game. My friends list is full of GCers and competitive players. On any given night, I see ~5 people pubbing. Compare that to when I joined GC for BF3C3. My friends list was only half full, but there would be 10+ people pubbing most nights. Many people just aren't interested in playing this broken game. I think I can confidently say that there are at least a few people who are only showing up because of their dedication to their current army, but wouldn't be interested in a BF4C2. The way I see it we have a few options:
-Recruit a whole bunch of newbies who actually like the game and let whatever veterans are left try to organize a campaign
-Find some magic formula of settings that makes BF4 fun. This is highly unlikely and would probably drive away people as well as it would be too much of a departure from the base game they enjoy.
-Play next campaign with a different game, whether it's an older BF game, ARMA 3, an ARMA mod, or something else entirely
-don't play any sort of campaign

I would personally be for switching games unless DICE can somehow fix the netcode and make the game somewhat balanced in the next month or two.
BF3C3: DARK - Inf - SFC || BF3C4: STAR - Inf - 1Lt || BF3C5: KART - Armor - Cpt
BF3C6: SCAR - HC - Col || BF4C1: USSR - Mech - Kpt || BF4C2: GOCI - Inf - Lt
BF4C3: TCF - Bronx - Sgt. Maj. || BF4C4: JANUS - Air - Pvt || BF4C5: TA
BF4C6: SAD - Armor - Cpt
Hgx

Post by Hgx »

Well... to be honest, unless we make a pause for a few months, this campaign will keep running with low amounts of people,(EUBO/NABO player's count is just SAD) a completely broken game that it's barely fun to play and with unbalanced armies and in-game stuff.
I AM NO ONE TO SAY WHAT WE HAVE TO DO HERE but I must admit, for the first time, this last EUBO (played in NY server) was NOT fun to play at all and it makes me kinda sad, since for a long time with BF, all I do is wait for BOs and BDs to play some real Battlefield. And all of this comes from a guy who's used to play with 200ping and in the actual "winning army".

I don't know about switching to another game, since a lot of us don't have it and it's not like Arma III is $5 USD.
But I must say something may have to be done in the next month if this keeps going.

:cry:
haruky
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by haruky »

A Docile Sloth wrote:
Necromancer wrote:This is the first campaign of BF4. We are supposed to be queuing on TS more then playing during the battleday.
I don't think this is strictly true. When BF4 came out there was never a big recruitment drive. We have gained people through googleing BF4 tournament (or similar) but nothing active on our part. BF4:C1 was designed to be a test bed for BF4 so future campaigns don't have the "This is OP" / "This mechanic is broken" theme that this campaign currently has so no major effort was made to get people in. I agree we need to get this as much of the weapon balance stuff fixed before C2 comes around as we can.

If we did a big recruitment push now, I suspect we probably would end up in the waiting room more than in server. We haven't so we are not.
Both Necro and Sloth have a good point. In C1 and C2, there were not that many people at the start until the huge Reddit rush in C2. Then numbers started to taper off in C5 and C6 as people got bored of BF3. I think that if we do a big push on recruiting, we could see those numbers back up. /r/Battlefield_4 has almost 60,000 members that are relatively active on a day to day basis.

And I'm sure within a few more months, BF4 has the potential to be fun again as DICE fixes things here and there.. (I hope)

Meanwhile, I think we can play around with settings to make it as fun as possible for the people playing. This may require a couple of weeks to really test out our options but it also means we need these "test days" to be essentially like battledays and have consistent numbers to make sure it's viable.

I would also be up for trying out a new game possibly on a fun day. I would LOVE to have a day where we fill a Red Orchestra 2 server with just GC people.
Image[/url]
Hgx

Post by Hgx »

haruky wrote:
Both Necro and Sloth have a good point. In C1 and C2, there were not that many people at the start until the huge Reddit rush in C2. Then numbers started to taper off in C5 and C6 as people got bored of BF3. I think that if we do a big push on recruiting, we could see those numbers back up. /r/Battlefield_4 has almost 60,000 members that are relatively active on a day to day basis.

And I'm sure within a few more months, BF4 has the potential to be fun again as DICE fixes things here and there.. (I hope)

Meanwhile, I think we can play around with settings to make it as fun as possible for the people playing. This may require a couple of weeks to really test out our options but it also means we need these "test days" to be essentially like battledays and have consistent numbers to make sure it's viable.

I would also be up for trying out a new game possibly on a fun day. I would LOVE to have a day where we fill a Red Orchestra 2 server with just GC people.
The problem with recruiting people now is the same as doing bad advertisment. We don't want to rush things out like EA/DICE did and bring people while the game is barely playable, I think we have enough problems with the game itself, that plus new ppl trying to adjust would be a problem, apart from the bad advertisment of ppl that could leave the comunnity for the problems before mentioned.

But yeah, I completely agree on, first trying to fix everything in both sides (GC and DICE) and then start to promote this place in reddit, the forums, etc.

What if we create a small "team" that just focus in these kind of problems? Like an emergency team to try and help out the SENATE and TAs while they handle all of the bigger problems.
Like mrBlue with the GCTV, and some others we had before with the GC News "stories".
Ofc this team would have no privileges and/or powers over any other user in GC, but would volunteer to gather every kind of information and come up with a wide variety of ideas on how to improve things and show that to the SENATE and the TA team. Something like we're doing now, but a little bit more in depth(?) and organized.
haruky
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by haruky »

Hgx wrote:
haruky wrote:

The problem with recruiting people now is the same as doing bad advertisment. We don't want to rush things out like EA/DICE did and bring people while the game is barely playable, I think we have enough problems with the game itself, that plus new ppl trying to adjust would be a problem, apart from the bad advertisment of ppl that could leave the comunnity for the problems before mentioned.
But the thing is, the people in /r/battlefield_4 are already playing a broken game. We're not bringing people to the game itself, rather we're bringing people who already have BF4 into a community that does organized play. I'm not sure if organized play + BF4 mix well, but I don't think it's the same as doing bad advertisement if that makes any sense.
Image[/url]
Hgx

Post by Hgx »

haruky wrote:
But the thing is, the people in /r/battlefield_4 are already playing a broken game. We're not bringing people to the game itself, rather we're bringing people who already have BF4 into a community that does organized play. I'm not sure if organized play + BF4 mix well, but I don't think it's the same as doing bad advertisement if that makes any sense.
Good point, you're right, but I was also including our servers in all of that, sorry I wasn't clear enough before, but last EUBO (and I heard last BD too) both servers were working extremely bad, and as I mentioned before, Im used to have high ping, but for almost all the rounds (I think it got stabilized last round) it was unplayable.
Edit: that sould be one of our main priorities, get the servers back to work, at least one of them. The NY server used to work more than fine a few weeks ago.
kidbagz
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by kidbagz »

it really sucks and it is definitely not helping out our community... but I think we should wait. I would say if the game is still crap by March we should seriously consider an alternative.

I know... we have been saying this since launch; "just wait till they patch it"... all i say is wait another 2 months, or till the end of this campaign. Then re evaluate the state and move on to better things.
Image FOR THE MOTHERLAND!
Divine-Sneaker

Post by Divine-Sneaker »

My problem with the game is that all of the mechanics Dice introduced or made a big push for being used more are clearly intended for pubbing and utterly broken, frustrating and terrible to play with and against if they're used in an organized fashion. This makes for uninteresting and frustrating gameplay that adds on top of the frustration with bugs/glitches/lag that have plagued BF games for a long time.

I don't majorly dislike pubbing BF4, for infantry gameplay I actually like it more on a very basic level such as gunplay, but the things that are enjoyable about that are not in any way or shape emulated when playing with GC.

Currently the amount of enjoyment I can get out of BF4 is less than the amount I can get out of other activities, be it GC or pub gameplay.
"fraking game mechanics"
Wi1D_K4rD
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Wi1D_K4rD »

I just realized something incredibly ironic.

Prior to BF4 everyone was super excited about it thinking it was going to be the bees knees. Meanwhile I felt virtually alone in being completely uninterested as BF3's issues had long since rubbed me so wrong that I couldn't imagine BF4 actually being fun. I literally only played BF3 for GC and once the last campaign ended i uninstalled it and have no intention of ever reinstalling it.

Then I bought BF4 anyway because I knew GC was switching and I figured worst case scenario I have just as much fun as I did in BF3 when playing with you guys even if I didn't like the game itself. Lo and behold I end up liking BF4 way more than I ever enjoyed BF3. Then... you guys, who were initially so excited, borderline think its the worst game ever it seems.

I just find it funny not trying to knock your guys' opinion. I may not really see it but I respect the opinion.

On a side note, I would be 1000% down for a RO2 day at some point. I've wanted to try that in an organized fashion for so long now. I actually tried finding a community that does organized campaigns like GC a while back but couldn't find any at the time.
matsif
Executive
Executive

Post by matsif »

Wi1D_K4rD wrote:Then... you guys, who were initially so excited, borderline think its the worst game ever it seems.
Remember, though, that during the beta we didn't have any of the active radar BS, or invisible M2 SLAMs, or most of the content that we currently deem as broken. I don't think anyone was expecting the starter rocket launcher to have an aimbot attached. Or staff shells. Or active radar missiles. Or commander to not work for our settings. Or something as stupid as the UCAV to even be made.

Honestly, I was rather excited after the beta as nothing seemed really overly stupid except the lock on RPGs. Before the beta I was hesitant and skeptical, and the beta calmed a lot of my misgivings. After release, it just felt entirely broken and imbalanced (as it still does).

I'm not gonna say it's the worst game ever, as I still think it has some redeeming qualities to be teased out of it yet, but after this farce of a release it's easily the most disappointing game I've experienced.
woke up this morning, put on my slippers, walked in the kitchen and died
Hgx

Post by Hgx »

Don't get me wrong, BF 4 with all its ideas behind it is an AWESOME GAME.
Just imagine it as this:

New Ferrari model with a lot of new cool things that are not only new to Ferrari, but also to the car industry.
But (in most cases) the car barely works and has a lot of broken features.

And also that comparison is why it should be illegal to release a game as broken as BF 4. Ofc BF 4 broken launch won't cause accidents (unless extreme rage killers come out) and deaths but it's basically the same for everything.
EA/DICE need to learn that pushing takes time, if you push too far too fast you're only gonna end up in a bad spot.