Naval Strike Released!

Discuss the campaign and all things BF.

Moderator: Executive

Kilo
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Naval Strike Released!

Post by Kilo »

But the download servers are borked...I've been stuck at 9% for quite a while now.

edit: nvm, I'm an idiot - the download was paused :oops:
Battlefield Tournament History
BF3C4: STAR Infantry Private 2Image
BF3C5: LOD Infantry Private
BF3C6: UNSC Infantry Private First Class
BF4C1: USSR Infantry Conscript
BF4C2: GoCI Infantry Private First Class
BF4C3: LN7 Infantry Private
BF4C4: JANUS Armor Private
BF4C5: KTSS SAS Captain
BF4C6: SAD Infantry CorporalImage
BF4C7: GC Infantry Captain
undrt0w
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Re: Naval Strike Released!

Post by undrt0w »

As soon as I am finished downloading FIfa Free to Play, I will give it a shot!! :thumbup:
Welcome Committee Member
What is GC? | Getting Started at GC | Campaign Sign-up Video | FAQ | Forum Netiquette

New Members do you need help?
Find me on TS or send me a PM
Hgx

Post by Hgx »

GUYS GUYS DON'T REMEMBER TO

ENJOY YOUR EARLY ACCESS!!11!uno!
1 week after everyone else
HvyHitter

Post by HvyHitter »

I picked the PERFECT day to take a personal day at work.

Going to be warm today in Cleveland.. So picked this day completely random!

SCORE
Th30ne
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Th30ne »

Been playing it for 2-3 hour's now and love it!

Best map pack so far and some of the best maps the game has to offer!

The netcode seems to be amazing at the moment, every shot l was shooting had good reg. A little rubberbanding but nothing to bad only for a second or so and it only happened twice.

So far my fav map is Wave Breaker it's very well laid out and looks beautiful, the sub base under the mountain is intense with boats, heli's etc and watching the sub crash is cool! And not to mention the groovy Old Cannons on the top of the mountain.

See you guys on the Battlefield!
“‘In town you're the law, out here it's me. Don't push it. Don't push it or I'll give you a war you won't believe.”
Nix

Post by Nix »

SR338 is mine :twisted:
MAAfield 4: MAA Rising, Second MAA, MAA Strike, MAA's Teeth, Final MAA, MAA Operations, Community MAA and Legacy MAA
Sarantini
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Sarantini »

I'm having terrible rubberband issues. Joined two servers and everyone ont eh server had it.
Hgx

Post by Hgx »

People complaining (on PC) about different issues with the new "Quality content" DLC:

http://www.reddit.com/r/battlefield_4/c ... al_strike/

Sorry I had to. :lol:
elchino7

Post by elchino7 »

Carrier mode needs some tweakings...but who cares when i have my gunless magburner swagrider now.

=

"Clubbing, drinking, dancing, glancing, flirting, winking, greeting, meeting, chatting, laughing, talking, walking, leaving, weaving, stumbling, fumbling, cabbing, asking, viewing, brewing, nuzzling, cuddling, feeling, reeling, kissing, twisting, touching, rushing, stripping, gripping, clutching, thrusting, bending, arching, gasping, slacking, melting, sleeping, waking, smelling…
Dirt?
Scrabbling, pounding, thumping, bumping, screaming, scratching, groping, choking, crying, gulping, stifling… quieting.
Breathing…breathingbreathing
Gwynzer
Executive
Executive

Post by Gwynzer »

Just need my anchormode prowler equivelant and I'll be happy.
CorranHorn
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by CorranHorn »

Really think these new maps are going to work great for GC. Lot's of different attack paths as well as open terrain, great for squad movement.

The Carrier Assault was loads of fun. I think this is going to be the most interesting if we decide to implement in GC as it's going to really open up a lot of different strats.

2nd best DLC IMO.

Haven't really had any rubberbanding issues...
Divine-Sneaker

Post by Divine-Sneaker »

CA needs to be slowed the frak down in pace. A titanmode game doesn't end in 10 minutes, even if one team stomped the other one so hard they were camped inside the titan shields.

It needs to take at least 5 times as many missiles for a carrier to reach assault stage.

Parachutes/carrier spawns need to gtfo. Dumbest idea ever to remove any defenders advantage.

Inside of the carrier needs massive improvements, doors need windows so the defenders don't have to blindly enter rooms. There also needs to be some sort of change to the interior so that spamming explosives isn't nearly as effective vs. the defenders.
"fraking game mechanics"
Wi1D_K4rD
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Wi1D_K4rD »

Divine-Sneaker wrote:CA needs to be slowed the feck down in pace. A titanmode game doesn't end in 10 minutes, even if one team stomped the other one so hard they were camped inside the titan shields.

It needs to take at least 5 times as many missiles for a carrier to reach assault stage.
eh. I don't mind the speed of the initial part that much in pub games. Typically if a team is getting raped, which happens a ton in pub matches I've seen, i'd rather it be over quickly rather than drawn out. Custom gamewise we could probably make the initial phase last longer if we ever use it in GC I would think though.
Parachutes/carrier spawns need to gtfo. Dumbest idea ever to remove any defenders advantage.

One hundred percent agree. There should be a server option to remove that BS at a bare minimum. If we ever use it in GC I would suggest we make it a rule not to use it cause it is beyond lame.
Inside of the carrier needs massive improvements, doors need windows so the defenders don't have to blindly enter rooms. There also needs to be some sort of change to the interior so that spamming explosives isn't nearly as effective vs. the defenders.
I was hoping for a more accurate potrayal of the inside of a naval vessel personally.

I don't recall any weird double door hatch things when I was on an aircraft carrier when I served in the Navy. So i'm fairly certain they wouldn't exist on a smaller LHD. Especially not in the lower decks where watertight hatches are of much higher importance.

Not sure how helpful the windows would be unless they allowed you to open the doors manually. The portholes on most naval hatches are fairly small. The way they have the hatches now, to see through them you'd have to get close enough for them to trigger the open animation at which case... not much help.

The passageways to the engine room are far too wide in my opinion. Sure making them smaller would only make the explosive spam worse but you could use the spare room to include offices and other open spaces you'd expect down a p-way. Areas you could slip into to avoid the explosives or hide in to pop out behind enemy forces and shoot them in the back.

All in all the interior was pretty lazily put together in my opinion. Though I did initially expect them to take the easy route and just have the flight deck have holes in it that allowed access to a single room that happened to have the MCOMs so at least they did something I suppose.

All in all though I'm still enjoying it so I guess it's alright. Still would have loved an actual Carrier be the "titans." or at the minimum should have been one of the maps. A beached Carrier in flames that served as the main battle area and the two LHDs fighting to salvage it. That would have been an incredibly badass map.
LoA
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by LoA »

Really pretty maps. This will be awesome on battledays fo sho.

How they managed to frak up titan mode is beyond me. Whoever decided to add parachute spawns while boarding the enemy ship is a retard.
Hgx

Post by Hgx »

I think I've yet not seen a single possitive comment on the parachute spawn.