Moderator: Executive

haruky
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

BF4C2 - X - BF4C3

Post by haruky »

Hi everyone,

I am here to pick your brains.

I figured, with the amount of new recruits we got, it could be fun to do another small squad tournament in-between campaigns to keep people interested. I was thinking of having this tournament over the course of 2-3 weeks. We'd have a full sized bracket with actual casters and make it a little more embellished than previously.

I'm not sure if you guys think it might be worth doing, but if there's enough interest within the community, I could definitely work on setting something up. I've got a small stockpile of games to give-away as well.

What do you guys think? Worth it? Maybe not?
Image[/url]
matsif
Executive
Executive

Re: BF4C2 - X - BF4C3

Post by matsif »

would have to gauge interest in a more public fashion I think, which I wouldn't think anyone would object to.

me personally I have no intentions of actually playing in it just because I don't enjoy the game on that scale. but if it goes live and you need a hand with administrative stuff (server or otherwise) let me know and I'd be more than willing to lend a hand in that area.

I'm contemplating getting wild_kard and a few others well versed into RO2 into trying to organize a 1 day battle in RO2 to see how that goes on our scale if the interest is there as well. have yet to send the questions to relevant parties or think about it more than just a general idea.
woke up this morning, put on my slippers, walked in the kitchen and died
Spreez
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Spreez »

We might want to push for this interest to move forward to see where it goes.
haruky
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by haruky »

Spreez wrote:We might want to push for this interest to move forward to see where it goes.
I might go ahead and make a post in the General Discussion if everyone thinks we should move forward?
Image[/url]
matsif
Executive
Executive

Post by matsif »

with the surrender I'd say go.
woke up this morning, put on my slippers, walked in the kitchen and died
Spreez
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Spreez »

If nothing else make a poll to check interest.
haruky
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by haruky »

I've got a sign up sheet. I'll probably check interest there and if there are enough, it'll hit the road. If not, it probably won't happen!
Image[/url]
haruky
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by haruky »

Just FYI, the post is up and running. Not too many responses atm with just 23 people signed up.

Any chance at that thread being Front Paged by any chance for visibility?
Image[/url]
.Sup
Executive
Executive

Post by .Sup »

Moved to publications but since this is the third newest thread its not on top. You would have to make a new thread for that. I could make it a global announcement if you like.
haruky
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by haruky »

.Sup wrote:Moved to publications but since this is the third newest thread its not on top. You would have to make a new thread for that. I could make it a global announcement if you like.
That would be nice. At this point, I'm just trying to get a sense of how many people would be interested. So the more visibility early on, the better it is to see exactly how much of the community would join in!
Image[/url]
Fields
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Fields »

BF4 is double edged. The spectator mode gives us lots of opportunities for fun casting and streaming, something that we never fully had in bf3. However, with how crumby bf4 works, and the fact that the game updates as slowly as it does, I can't take it seriously at all when it comes to tight competitive play. I dunno, I'd be willing to cast parts of it if needed, but I probably wouldn't play.
haruky
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by haruky »

It'd be great to have you as a caster! I might join in on the casting fun as well depending on what I've got going on that day.

To the Senate/Execs/TAs, is there anyway you could grant me some Teamspeak Privileges so I can set up various channels for the upcoming tournament?

I'm thinking of holding it on June 14 unless there is a huge opposition against it.
Image[/url]
Robawillis
Executive
Executive

Post by Robawillis »

haruky wrote:It'd be great to have you as a caster! I might join in on the casting fun as well depending on what I've got going on that day.

To the Senate/Execs/TAs, is there anyway you could grant me some Teamspeak Privileges so I can set up various channels for the upcoming tournament?

I'm thinking of holding it on June 14 unless there is a huge opposition against it.
Damn I was hoping to join in on the casting....

Anyway I can give you TS rights just give me a time and place and I will grant you them.
haruky
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by haruky »

Robawillis wrote:
haruky wrote:It'd be great to have you as a caster! I might join in on the casting fun as well depending on what I've got going on that day.

Anyway I can give you TS rights just give me a time and place and I will grant you them.
I think the more casters we have, the better! You're more than welcome to join in! I'm sure Fields would like to take a break once in a while.

We also did dual casting for the last few tournaments and it turned out pretty well too.

Also, I'm on TS right now if you'd like to get on. I've got an hour before I head off to work.
Image[/url]
Robawillis
Executive
Executive

Post by Robawillis »

haruky wrote:
Robawillis wrote:

I think the more casters we have, the better! You're more than welcome to join in! I'm sure Fields would like to take a break once in a while.

We also did dual casting for the last few tournaments and it turned out pretty well too.

Also, I'm on TS right now if you'd like to get on. I've got an hour before I head off to work.
Sweet well maybe we should get a list of casters up, also don't forgot a caster room.