Final stand DLC / CTE testing

Discuss the campaign and all things BF.

Moderator: Executive

Róka

Re: Final stand DLC / CTE testing

Post by Róka »

Kilo wrote:There is snow camo? At least I was using it yesterday.
Only and I say again ONLY the Chinese team soldiers have snow camo.
ImageImage
ZombieToof
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by ZombieToof »

Gwynzer wrote:
ICallIDTheft wrote:
Now we just need the Lambert Carbine, IT-33 and some RDX for maximum hilarity.

The hovermines and droppods/pod APCs too please.
Droppods? Here you go:

phpBB [video]
…I'm made of mountains, made of metal, made of whiskey, and waves! You won't believe your own breath, when the bold words finally escape your mouth. Keep your secrets hidden, till we're certain of just what we've found. Yeah, they bleed just like us, but our calling is what shapes us now. We won't be held back, won't be tied up, we won't be pinned down. Not now. Astronautalis: "Dimitri Mendeleev"
Rellik_pt

Post by Rellik_pt »

so far all the maps look great and will probably play well in gc. hangar 21 is awesome.
Hgx

Post by Hgx »

Rellik_pt wrote:so far all the maps look great and will probably play well in gc. hangar 21 is awesome.
This.
matsif
Executive
Executive

Post by matsif »

haven't gotten a chance to play karelia yet (really want to...reminds me of fushe pass a bit from some screenshots...), but hangar 21 in public play was dreadful. it's like playing shanghai except with nowhere to hide from the high buildings whatsoever, just the buildings are replaced with mountains outside. snipers everywhere, a useless attack chopper (no vehicles to attack plus SC42s and jets make it become the typical deathtrap it is), and a ton of openness. at least whiteout has the snowstorm to provide something. they really need to increase slopes or add some fog or something to thin out the sniper herds that roam the mountainsides.

playing inside the hanger is a bit different from the outside but still too much verticality with not enough cover over the flags. just too campy for me.

and all those complaints aside, it's still got potential to be vastly better than any of the vanilla maps, especially for GC play when we're not going to have as many campers.

overall from what I've seen so far the maps alone have enough to tickle a bit of interest out of me for the game again. even with my complaints about the 2 I've played so far they are still much better than most of the vanilla and NS maps.
woke up this morning, put on my slippers, walked in the kitchen and died
Sarantini
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Sarantini »

What's wrong with teh NS maps? and vanilla maps are pretty good too imo except fro shanghai.
Mapdesign is one of the few things they did well in bf4
Gwynzer
Executive
Executive

Post by Gwynzer »

Nah BF4's map design is horrendous.

What they've done well is capture point design, I think a lot of the capture points are well made, however moving from flag to flag in BF4 is almost all horrid.
Necromancer
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Necromancer »

The hight factor is terrible.
BF3 max 2-3 story buildings were better.
-“Regret your helplessness…and feel despair.”
Achievement Unlocked: Battlefield 4 Uninstalled!!
matsif
Executive
Executive

Post by matsif »

Sarantini wrote:What's wrong with teh NS maps? and vanilla maps are pretty good too imo except fro shanghai.
Mapdesign is one of the few things they did well in bf4
as gwyn said above, most flagzones are decent. the space between them generally sucks. the map balancing as far as vehicles and everything is also awful, things like multiple MAAs, MAAs that only spawn at 1 flag, vehicles at 1 team's backflag area spawning for the opposite team, and in general way too much focus on vertical areas instead of horizontal across the board.

I'd like the CR maps probably the best out of what's out there because they actually feel properly sized, but they screwed up the vehicles on all of them except guilin. Everything else bar golmud felt way too small with too much forced vertical play, or with the case of NS had 1 or 2 interesting flags and then just a bunch of water with nothing actually interesting happening most of the time. Since the FS maps are closest in style to Silk Road, Dragon Pass, and Altai Range, that's probably why I like them as much as I do (although I don't enjoy constantly staring at the brightness of hammerhead). At least to me though barring a few bright points all maps made in frostborked since its creation have been at best mediocre.
woke up this morning, put on my slippers, walked in the kitchen and died