Idea for gaining more players and interest?

Discuss the campaign and all things BF.

Moderator: Executive

MONGO_abaday
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Idea for gaining more players and interest?

Post by MONGO_abaday »

As a lot was mentioned regarding how we need a new load of players joining the GC community. I don't know if this is feasible but would it be possible to turn our servers public throughout the time we do not require them for BD and BOs during the week etc. This might help gain a bit more interest especially if there is a realitve turnover of current GC players on there. Along with this being advertised on the server its self regarding what GC is all about and its arranged BDs.

I know this won't be to everyone's taste but its only a bit of an idea that came to mind after reading a lot about what everyone had to say so far. I'm aware that this would mean higher need for ta's / admins and possibly a number of plugins being added to the servers.

But yeah like I said it is only an idea and see what could possibly come or not come from it :)
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Jokerle
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Re: Idea for gaining more players and interest?

Post by Jokerle »

at least now, in this break it should be possible.

The admin argument from the past does not really hold anymore. In the official mode there is not much to admin (since one cannot).
Wat ne Wuchtbrumme!
Kilo
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Kilo »

In my experience, the most reliable way to get people is to add them on battlelog and talk to them. Opening servers to the public only usually gets 1-2 people at most from what I've seen.
Battlefield Tournament History
BF3C4: STAR Infantry Private 2Image
BF3C5: LOD Infantry Private
BF3C6: UNSC Infantry Private First Class
BF4C1: USSR Infantry Conscript
BF4C2: GoCI Infantry Private First Class
BF4C3: LN7 Infantry Private
BF4C4: JANUS Armor Private
BF4C5: KTSS SAS Captain
BF4C6: SAD Infantry CorporalImage
BF4C7: GC Infantry Captain
lakefisher1

Post by lakefisher1 »

Out of interest Kilo, what experience would that be?

I think opening the servers would be a good idea, it would just be getting the initial population to encourage more people to join that would be the problem.
Follow us @gc_org and help support our community!
matsif
Executive
Executive

Post by matsif »

problem being we'd have to put them on official to keep them populated, which does not represent how we play the game here.

if there's enough interest to populate the server, speaking only for myself I have no problem with it. That said we've had Devgru's lockers server "advertising" us since BF4's release and all that seems to have brought in (as far as I remember) is people complaining about lack of admining.
woke up this morning, put on my slippers, walked in the kitchen and died
Necromancer
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Necromancer »

You don't have to set the server to official. PC players join any Ranked servers.
-“Regret your helplessness…and feel despair.”
Achievement Unlocked: Battlefield 4 Uninstalled!!
Hgx

Post by Hgx »

Before I say anything else I wanna make clear that Im COMPLETELY unsure of how this works.

But, I remember someone saying that by doing this (this theme has brought up before) our money for the servers would run out faster, since it costs more to have them working (with ppl playing) all the time?

As I said, I have no idea if that's the case here.
Jokerle
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Jokerle »

Hgx wrote:Before I say anything else I wanna make clear that Im COMPLETELY unsure of how this works.

But, I remember someone saying that by doing this (this theme has brought up before) our money for the servers would run out faster, since it costs more to have them working (with ppl playing) all the time?

As I said, I have no idea if that's the case here.

there was a time when an unranked BF was cheaper, yes. Dont know about our current contract
Wat ne Wuchtbrumme!
Kilo
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Kilo »

lakefisher1 wrote:Out of interest Kilo, what experience would that be?

I think opening the servers would be a good idea, it would just be getting the initial population to encourage more people to join that would be the problem.

I was given a company at 21CW and told to recruit and that's how I did it. Here's the result:
-Beginning of Campaign: http://i.imgur.com/9L3Qj4W.png
-End of Campaign: http://i.imgur.com/UtLfa7c.png

5 of the 20 were returning players, the rest were new. So if 1 person could do that by themselves, imagine if 10 people recruited that way. I found that talking to people individually and describing the awesomeness of 32v32 Organized gameplay with players work together really peaked their interest. Most people want to play in this kind of environment, they just don't know how to find it.

Also did it in a BF3 Camp there as well.
Battlefield Tournament History
BF3C4: STAR Infantry Private 2Image
BF3C5: LOD Infantry Private
BF3C6: UNSC Infantry Private First Class
BF4C1: USSR Infantry Conscript
BF4C2: GoCI Infantry Private First Class
BF4C3: LN7 Infantry Private
BF4C4: JANUS Armor Private
BF4C5: KTSS SAS Captain
BF4C6: SAD Infantry CorporalImage
BF4C7: GC Infantry Captain
Robawillis
Executive
Executive

Post by Robawillis »

Kilo wrote:
lakefisher1 wrote:Out of interest Kilo, what experience would that be?

I was given a company at 21CW and told to recruit and that's how I did it. Here's the result:
-Beginning of Campaign: http://i.imgur.com/9L3Qj4W.png
-End of Campaign: http://i.imgur.com/UtLfa7c.png

5 of the 20 were returning players, the rest were new. So if 1 person could do that by themselves, imagine if 10 people recruited that way. I found that talking to people individually and describing the awesomeness of 32v32 Organized gameplay with players work together really peaked their interest. Most people want to play in this kind of environment, they just don't know how to find it.

Also did it in a BF3 Camp there as well.
Kilo your hired got out there and get us some more players
Ghoul
8.Lord
8.Lord

Post by Ghoul »

Server passwords removed and servers set to Ranked. If someone with procon access wants to plug in a map rotation it should be set. Lets see if you guys can get the server filled up. We just paid $180 for the next 30 days in which we have no battles scheduled so lets try and get our moneys worth.
matsif
Executive
Executive

Post by matsif »

Ghoul wrote:Server passwords removed and servers set to Ranked. If someone with procon access wants to plug in a map rotation it should be set. Lets see if you guys can get the server filled up. We just paid $180 for the next 30 days in which we have no battles scheduled so lets try and get our moneys worth.
for the time being I've just set both servers to conquest large all DLCs with 1 round per map, if anyone else with procon wants to change it up feel free. Just wanted to get something set.
woke up this morning, put on my slippers, walked in the kitchen and died
Fields
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Fields »

Ghoul wrote:Server passwords removed and servers set to Ranked. If someone with procon access wants to plug in a map rotation it should be set. Lets see if you guys can get the server filled up. We just paid $180 for the next 30 days in which we have no battles scheduled so lets try and get our moneys worth.
Thanks, ghouls. I'm gonna start pubbing again on our servers, so feel free to ask me to set a map if you see me online. I'll gladly do so in procon.

Besides that, I think our biggest problem is nobody, or very few people, are playing BF4 outside of battledays. This makes it pretty hard to make contact with anybody outside of GC and virtually impossible to recruit outside of viral marketing campaigns (Pomotion video, reddit posts). To echo what I'm already reading here: If we were to start playing public more often and talking to players in-game, we'll start to get a lot more attention. Invite them on TS to talk with us.

Gwynzer is a pro at getting players for BI, maybe he can outline what he does in some detail for us?
InsanityRocks
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by InsanityRocks »

Sweet Ghoul! Thanks!

I recruited cyberegg this last campaign because he works for 1 of clients. He recruited elvisdevil because he liked how GC operates.

I just recruited a long-time friend of mine, beachbum66.

Now that the servers are public I'll promote on twitter. But I think we're really going to need some GCers to really promote the 'GC Way'.
Di3for3v3r
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Di3for3v3r »

If we need more admins for the servers i would love to be it for the EU server.

and great idea !! :clap:
What doesn't kill you makes you stronger. What kills you let you respawn wherever you wanted to go

With kind regards
Di3for3v3r