Battlefield 4 maps

Discuss the campaign and all things BF.

Moderator: Executive

.Sup
Executive
Executive

Battlefield 4 maps

Post by .Sup »

When BF4 was released I created this web page where I would put all the BF4 maps so that they can be used for tactics. I started before the first campaign but finally uploaded everything yesterday. At the time I also wanted to write about Levolution effects on each map but lost interest and now everything is commonly known anyway. The only finished article is Siege of Shanghai.

http://superia.org/battlefield4maps/

Since I only have BF4 + China Rising DLC I have not uploaded other maps since I first need to make thumbnails for every map by taking screenshots in game. So if anyone is kind enough to take screenshots for me it would be greatly appreciated. I need screenshots of all maps of DLCs that were released after China Rising.

The intention of this project is to have high resolution maps available for tactics that would be neatly organised and easily accessible. To read more as to why I have started on this project click the About tab.

Currently mostly Conquest Large and Conquest Small maps are uploaded but I have them of other modes as well.
o1oo1
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Re: Battlefield 4 maps

Post by o1oo1 »

sure i can help you, describe your process
.Sup
Executive
Executive

Post by .Sup »

o1oo1 wrote:sure i can help you, describe your process
Fantastic, thanks o1!

Try to capture a part of the map that makes that particular map instantly recognisable. I usually take around 5 screenshots of different or same scenes of every map and then decide which represents that map best and which shows most of its specialties or characteristics. Use "ui.drawenable 0" to disable HUD.

I sometimes went on a populated server to capture vehicles in action like the Golmud Railway thumbnail where a chopper flies over the most iconic feature of that map, the railway bridge. You should also try to capture some buildings, greenery or vehicles that are close to you and then in the distance you have the scene that is important, just to make the image more interesting (example bush on Altai Range or splashing waves on Paracel).

Use different perspectives when taking screenshots, some are more interesting than others. In the end its important that the map is easily recognisable by its thumbnail.

I know you will do you best and whatever resources you provide me with I will be very grateful for. :thumbup:
RazY70
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by RazY70 »

The new thumbnails look great :thumbup:
King6moh
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by King6moh »

This looks amazing. Good work! Can't wait to use for strats
mrBLUE9
Executive
Executive

Post by mrBLUE9 »

That's pretty nice Sup! I'm almost sure I used your website before without knowing it was yours. That should tell you how good it is! :clap:

By the way, I had also bought the Prima guides with the same intent as yours, but the total lack of quality of the DLC overviews made me return it. I hate how they only pay attention to the Vanilla maps and just kick the guides aside after the game release.
.Sup
Executive
Executive

Post by .Sup »

.Sup
Executive
Executive

Post by .Sup »

I have uploaded all the remaining maps today, to 6 maps I still need to add flag points.
A huge thanks to o1oo1 for providing me with so many usable high res screenshots of maps so I was able to make thumbnails!