Discuss the campaign and all things BF.

Moderator: Executive

StarfisherEcho
Executive
Executive

Re: september patch notes

Post by StarfisherEcho »

Holy frak all guns are laz0rs now.

Anyone have initial thoughts on how this might impact GC settings? From my brief play today it felt like nothing much needed to be changed.
ImageImageImage
matsif
Executive
Executive

Post by matsif »

StarfisherEcho wrote:Holy frak all guns are laz0rs now.

Anyone have initial thoughts on how this might impact GC settings? From my brief play today it felt like nothing much needed to be changed.
I haven't played at all with release but since 99% of these changes were all in the CTE and I spent a bit of time in there, imo we might have to play with health again. There's no recoil which would suggest raising HP and TTK because it requires no ability to aim anymore, but with it taking 3 headshots to kill within 10 meters there's also a thought to lower HP. Probably worth burning 2 maps in a scrim with 80% and 120% again just to see, although at the end of the day I feel we'll stick with 100%.
woke up this morning, put on my slippers, walked in the kitchen and died
ZombieToof
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by ZombieToof »

matsif wrote:
StarfisherEcho wrote:Holy frak all guns are laz0rs now.

I haven't played at all with release but since 99% of these changes were all in the CTE and I spent a bit of time in there, imo we might have to play with health again. There's no recoil which would suggest raising HP and TTK because it requires no ability to aim anymore, but with it taking 3 headshots to kill within 10 meters there's also a thought to lower HP. Probably worth burning 2 maps in a scrim with 80% and 120% again just to see, although at the end of the day I feel we'll stick with 100%.
The normal recoil of guns didn't change at all (except for the recoil while suppressed). What they removed was the bouncing of the scope, that happened independently from the real recoil of the gun. So you still have to control the very same recoil as before, but you are not misled by the scope that is wiggling around like crazy.

And btw ... 'Cause you know what to do with that big fat butt

Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle
Just a little bit of
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle
…I'm made of mountains, made of metal, made of whiskey, and waves! You won't believe your own breath, when the bold words finally escape your mouth. Keep your secrets hidden, till we're certain of just what we've found. Yeah, they bleed just like us, but our calling is what shapes us now. We won't be held back, won't be tied up, we won't be pinned down. Not now. Astronautalis: "Dimitri Mendeleev"
Tea-Assault
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Tea-Assault »

No trigger delay on all revolvers?! "BRING ME MY .44 MAGNUM"
the end is really fµcking nigh
RazY70
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by RazY70 »

ZombieToof wrote: The normal recoil of guns didn't change at all (except for the recoil while suppressed). What they removed was the bouncing of the scope, that happened independently from the real recoil of the gun. So you still have to control the very same recoil as before, but you are not misled by the scope that is wiggling around like crazy.
Not sure what you mean by bouncing of the scope. Are you referring to DICE's solution for visual recoil?

Symthic published all the weapon stat changes and many of them did have their recoil (horizontal recoil in particular) reduced: http://forum.symthic.com/battlefield-4- ... le-changes. Since horizontal recoil is pretty impossible to control this buff made the weapons more consistent and easier to manage as far as I could tell.
Jokerle
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Jokerle »

RazY70 wrote: Not sure what you mean
Symthic published all the weapon stat changes and many of them did have their recoil (horizontal recoil in particular) reduced: http://forum.symthic.com/battlefield-4- ... le-changes. Since horizontal recoil is pretty impossible to control this buff made the weapons more consistent and easier to manage as far as I could tell.
They also changed some attachment behaviour (eg Heavy barrel). The weapon changes were made afaik with attachment changes in mind. Still a "buff" overall, i believe
Wat ne Wuchtbrumme!
Sarantini
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Sarantini »

I'm a bit confused by the visual recoil thing. because right now the red scope stays right on point while the optic border is bouncing around as it did prepatch. This looks terrible and makes recoil seem trivial.
In bf3 the red dot bounced but not as excessive and was perfect
ZombieToof
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by ZombieToof »

RazY70 wrote:
ZombieToof wrote: The normal recoil of guns didn't change at all (except for the recoil while suppressed). What they removed was the bouncing of the scope, that happened independently from the real recoil of the gun. So you still have to control the very same recoil as before, but you are not misled by the scope that is wiggling around like crazy.
Not sure what you mean by bouncing of the scope. Are you referring to DICE's solution for visual recoil?

Your right, thanks for the link. There where more general changes to PDW and Bulpub weapons I thought where mostly about ADS movement buffs as their special ability.

Looking through these changes there where recoil changes for the weapons below. They seem to be pretty selective with buffs for not that viable weapons, e.g. low ROF, burst weapons, PDW, DMRs and nerfs to some of the very viable weapons (e.g. bulldog, MTAR, ACE-52, Deagle). Beside these 4 (that where nerfed), none of the often used, universal weapons people complain about was touched a lot at all. AFAICS the recoil changes make only underused crappy guns a little more interesting.

I'd agree that all weapons are more controllable now, but all for the right reason, and more recoil generally would be a good idea to increase the time to kill. IIRC that's the way hardline will go.

Bulpub:
A-91 (buff)
Bulldog (big nerf)
F2000 (slight buff)
L85A2 (notable buff)
MTAR-21 (nerf)
QBZ-95-1 (minimal buff)
AUG A3 (buff)
Type-95B-1 (minimal buff)

Pdw:
CBJ-MS (big buff)
MPX (nerf)
P90 (big buff)
PP-2000 (buff)
UMP-45 (buff)
UMP-9 (buff)

Other Carbines/Assault rifles/LMGs:
AKU-12 (nerf)
AR160 (buff + nerf)
CZ-805 (overall slight buff)
G36C (nerf, why?)
ACE 21 CQB (nerf)
ACE 52 CQB (nerf)
M4 (slight buff)
M16A4 (buff)
RPK-74M (only vertical recoil, many nerfs)
SAR-21 (buff)
SG553 (buff)
Type-88 LMG (minimal buff)

Others
Deagle 44 (big nerf)

DMRs
M39 EMR (buff)
MK11 MOD 0 (buff)
SVD-12 (buff)
…I'm made of mountains, made of metal, made of whiskey, and waves! You won't believe your own breath, when the bold words finally escape your mouth. Keep your secrets hidden, till we're certain of just what we've found. Yeah, they bleed just like us, but our calling is what shapes us now. We won't be held back, won't be tied up, we won't be pinned down. Not now. Astronautalis: "Dimitri Mendeleev"
Fields
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Fields »

Reduced suppression recoil. So, it was already almost non-existant so they've now reduced that. Sugoi desu... :roll:
StarfisherEcho
Executive
Executive

Post by StarfisherEcho »

It seems that they've buffed the visual effect, though. Or maybe I'm not remembering it properly.
ImageImageImage
Róka

Post by Róka »

StarfisherEcho wrote:It seems that they've buffed the visual effect, though.
ImageImage
Necromancer
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Necromancer »

Is it any better?
Still seems like close encounters are a Russian roulette.
Head flinching is still big enough problem to discourage aiming to the head.
Still seems like half of the bullets doesn't register.

And for Armor... nothing changed.
http://bestplay.tv/video/542d4a6945dbd/ ... atch-armor
Misaligned shells from BF3 now with extra BS, wrong hit indicators (first shot) and still going through the Active Protection (2nd hit).

Seems its too broken to ever have solid, consistent experience.
-“Regret your helplessness…and feel despair.”
Achievement Unlocked: Battlefield 4 Uninstalled!!
ZombieToof
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by ZombieToof »

Necromancer wrote:Is it any better?

Still seems like half of the bullets doesn't register.

Seems its too broken to ever have solid, consistent experience.
Still half the bullets not registering ... and you don't call that a consistent experience?
You probably don't call it a an exaggeration either :roll:
Necromancer
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Necromancer »

I guess it was an exaggeration. Only 5 bullets registered as hits out of a full clip.
-“Regret your helplessness…and feel despair.”
Achievement Unlocked: Battlefield 4 Uninstalled!!
A Docile Sloth
Executive
Executive

Post by A Docile Sloth »

Maybe you need to aim better?