server population EU and TS public discussion

Discuss the campaign and all things BF.

Moderator: Executive

Di3for3v3r
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

server population EU and TS public discussion

Post by Di3for3v3r »

well it took some time to populaite the server on my own as you can see in the added picture but it's filling up :D

f*ck the chainsaw go go go ... minigun's :D

( zavod 331 )
Attachments
ScreenshotWin32-0002.png
Last edited by Di3for3v3r on Tue Nov 04, 2014 2:38 pm, edited 2 times in total.
What doesn't kill you makes you stronger. What kills you let you respawn wherever you wanted to go

With kind regards
Di3for3v3r
Ghoul
8.Lord
8.Lord

Re: server population EU

Post by Ghoul »

Nix and I tried for 3 hours last night with no joy
Di3for3v3r
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Di3for3v3r »

Ghoul wrote:Nix and I tried for 3 hours last night with no joy
well after an houre people showed up and still 50 ppl on :)
What doesn't kill you makes you stronger. What kills you let you respawn wherever you wanted to go

With kind regards
Di3for3v3r
Nix

Post by Nix »

damnit
MAAfield 4: MAA Rising, Second MAA, MAA Strike, MAA's Teeth, Final MAA, MAA Operations, Community MAA and Legacy MAA
A Docile Sloth
Executive
Executive

Post by A Docile Sloth »

Not sure where to put this so this is as good as any.

Would it be worth putting the TS info in the advertising shout rotation? People may drop by if it's promoted and may be easier (probably not the right word) to get people in. Just a thought.
Di3for3v3r
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Di3for3v3r »

A Docile Sloth wrote:Not sure where to put this so this is as good as any.

Would it be worth putting the TS info in the advertising shout rotation? People may drop by if it's promoted and may be easier (probably not the right word) to get people in. Just a thought.

maybe yeah, but then we have to make like EU channel for the pubby's there are alway's poeple who like to join, like on the XI TS there are Always some pubby's on aswell

so i say try it and if not we still can change it back

With kind regards
Di3for3v3r
Róka

Post by Róka »

Di3for3v3r wrote:

maybe yeah, but then we have to make like EU channel for the pubby's there are alway's poeple who like to join, like on the XI TS there are Always some pubby's on aswell

so i say try it and if not we still can change it back
Well if they join TS just to pub they just stay in the BF4 channel
ImageImage
Tea-Assault
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Tea-Assault »

Yeah if we start using our servers for ts recruitment that could easily turn sour if we let them have all access to teamspeak.. I don't know if it's possible with permissions to set up a "pubby only channel" but if it is that sounds like a fun way to let people come and see what we are on about in terms of squadplay (if we are on the server at the time). I can also see us having a lot of fun by squadleading random pubbies GC style with the pubbies in teamspeak haha :lol:

Anyway I see it as a decision for the people in charge of both teamspeak and the server, it's already been a lot of fun having the EU server open to pub play - see what they think
the end is really fµcking nigh
Jokerle
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Jokerle »

Tea-Assault wrote: I don't know if it's possible with permissions to set up a "pubby only channel" but if it is that sounds like a fun way to let people come and see what we are on about in terms of squadplay (if we are on the server at the time).
It should be, I saw it on different TS servers. Maybe we can handle that already with our rank system, and dont need new groups to be set up?
Wat ne Wuchtbrumme!
.Sup
Executive
Executive

Post by .Sup »

I believe it would. I like it when our TS is full of activity. Meeting new people and chatting with them should be an essential experience here.

So I am in favour of advertising our TS ip and pass in game. You can also share it with your friends that play other games with you so long as they behave.

I would also like to see reduction of some less frequently used channels. I'm not exactly sure what permissions do most users have but can you create a temporary channel and edit/rename a current one? If so then you should do that instead of creating a new one.

From TS3 billing perspective - our average monthly usage is 100GB, out monthly limit is 2TB, so we are in the clear even if TS activity increases.

Is there anyone firmly against the things I have suggested above? Feel free to say whats on your mind.
Jokerle
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Re: server population EU and TS public discussion

Post by Jokerle »

well, maybe the server should run GC settings? or classic mode? I am fine with normal as well, gets probably the best user flow.

Just not something strange pls
Wat ne Wuchtbrumme!
Nix

Post by Nix »

Hardcore 30% health, 3000 ticket Locker/Metro explosives only. No LVGs
MAAfield 4: MAA Rising, Second MAA, MAA Strike, MAA's Teeth, Final MAA, MAA Operations, Community MAA and Legacy MAA
Bock
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Bock »

My only concern with advertising the TS server on the BF4 server load screen or with automated admin messages would be if somehow the server was populated, yet no GCers were on TS. Say we managed to seed the server and it kept going after all the GC members left. In that case, I don't think it would be good to advertise the TS server. People would come on and find nobody who's actually playing on the BF4 server. It would be confusing and probably wouldn't be sending the message we want to send. By all means, though, if you're on the server, chat with the pubbies, invite them on TS and tell them what we're all about.
BF3C3: DARK - Inf - SFC || BF3C4: STAR - Inf - 1Lt || BF3C5: KART - Armor - Cpt
BF3C6: SCAR - HC - Col || BF4C1: USSR - Mech - Kpt || BF4C2: GOCI - Inf - Lt
BF4C3: TCF - Bronx - Sgt. Maj. || BF4C4: JANUS - Air - Pvt || BF4C5: TA
BF4C6: SAD - Armor - Cpt
CrookedBarrel

Post by CrookedBarrel »

I believe a balance between getting the server populated and getting people recruited for GC is important.
If we're going solely for population, we could go Operation Locker only. However, this seems an odd method for finding team/PTFO players.

I suggest striking a balance: When the server is empty, run Operation Locker, but when population reaches a certain threshold, switch to other conquest maps(after the round is over).

For settings, Classic would appear to be closest to our battleday settings. Players deliberately searching for these servers may be more attuned to playing without 3D spotting, and more effective at utilizing their minimap(though not necessarily PTFO).

You could set it to GC settings(essentially Classic with 3d person vehicle cams), however this excludes people filtering on a particular preset (Classic, Normal or Hardcore), and also requires more teamwork(as does Classic) which can be frustrating for/with pub players.

I personally prefer Normal. It's a less frustrating way to play with pubs because you have 3D spotting(don't have to rely on callouts), health regen(medics can heal others? Since when?), and no mag drops(more time between shooting supports in the face to get ammo), yet you can still work as a team to cap objectives and win the round.
It'd be different if we were playing with coordinated teams every day, but for pub games I feel this preset will encourage regular play the most.

The only thing I'll say about Hardcore is that I don't play it because I don't enjoy it.
"Of course he looks like the suspect, that don't make him guilty! You look like an idiot, that doesn't mean you are one." -Ken Rosenberg
BF4 C3 TCF Sgt
BF4 C4 SAD Cpt
BF4 C5 EVIL WO
BF4 C6 TCF Col