BF4C5: What happened to the vote?

Discuss the campaign and all things BF.

Moderator: Executive

StarfisherEcho
Executive
Executive

BF4C5: What happened to the vote?

Post by StarfisherEcho »

As you all have noticed, the break was not a productive time in terms of moving the campaign forward. This post will attempt to give full transparency to what happened and why.

The voting took place as planned and went as smoothly as could be expected. Just before the voting closed, concerns were raised that Crooked was no longer interested, but he confirmed that while he had concerns, he was still in the running. CrookedBarrel and LordGonzo were selected as first choice by one vote, TheOne and LordGonzo as second.

Crooked and Gonzo accepted and spent a few days working out how they wanted to move forward. After that Crooked decided that his earlier concerns were stronger than he anticipated, and decided to step down. This combined with the break eating people's availability created a slowdown that persisted into the new year.

It also triggered a debate about how to proceed. Some questioned whether or not the vote should count now that the first choice had stepped out, while others held that we should move forward with the second choice as planned. We did not want to override the community's will, but we also didn't want to preside over a broken vote, which could be just as bad. Would people vote differently without Crooked in the mix? What if some other people put their names in the hat? What about the wild swing in votes after it was mentioned that Crooked might not be interested, did that break the integrity of the vote? We spent much more time arguing about it than we should have, and for that we apologize.

Anyway, we have finally come out the other side of that with a decision. We will be honoring the original process, and the Generals for C5 will be TheOne and LordGonzo. Our official announcement will be up once the Generals have selected their themes. Discussions about balanced HC are in progress and we'll announce that along with a campaign timeline once they are finalized.

We thank you for your patience with us. This is the first time we've tried to hold a community vote over who should be general, and while it was a trial at times I think we learned a lot from the experience. For now, please let your thoughts what you want to see be known in the open thread, and keep an eye open for next steps. Things should start moving quickly now that we've got it all figured out.
ImageImageImage
InsanityRocks
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Re: BF4C5: What happened to the vote?

Post by InsanityRocks »

Congratulations to Gonzo and TheOne! :clap:

I'll be watching from the side-lines.

Starfisher: Thank you for the update. :thumbup:
cancel_man
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by cancel_man »

Thanks for the update!

FWIW, the vote was held multiple-choice so voters could vote for "all options you support" - so it's reasonable that the 2nd most popular was selected without re-vote.
Di3for3v3r
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Di3for3v3r »

Prefect thanks for the update,

If i can do something to help you Guy's out just PM me i got some time in the next weeks :clap:
What doesn't kill you makes you stronger. What kills you let you respawn wherever you wanted to go

With kind regards
Di3for3v3r