Officer Sign Up

Discuss the campaign and all things BF.

Moderator: Executive

Gonzo
Executive
Executive

Officer Sign Up

Post by Gonzo »

A little reminder: Officer Sign Ups are open.

Sadly, right now we don't even have ten responses yet. There have been a couple more people who signed up in the preliminary interest form a couple of weeks back, but haven't signed up in the official draft form. If you are one of these people, please remember to sign back up if you're still interested in an officer position, so we don't have to confirm everyone via PMs, which usually takes a couple of days until everyone has answered.

Furthermore, I want to encourage all of you to sign up if you have any interest in the job. We're gonna have a relatively small corps of officers this campaign, so I can't promise anyone that he's going to get a position, but we do consider everyone and the more choices we have, the better we can balance the two army's officers against each other. More initial balance of course means a better campaign, so in this case the success of this campaign is as much on your shoulders as it is on ours.

Officer draft is this Saturday, so there is a deadline.
King6moh
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Re: Officer Sign Up

Post by King6moh »

Is this different than the ABC sign up?
A Docile Sloth
Executive
Executive

Post by A Docile Sloth »

Yes.

The Officer Sign Up is to find the people who want to be an officer and is for the Officer Draft on Saturday. It's in the form of a google doc.

The ABC signup is used for the player draft that will happen on the 31st.
Wi1D_K4rD
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Wi1D_K4rD »

It essentially verifies to the HCs that you are willing to be an Officer. It's basically a more specialized repeat of the general interest form used to make sure you didn't change your mind since the interest form.

Not gonna lie, nothing worse than going through the officer draft picking officers thinking you both armies have a good balance and then finding out that some of the choices can't commit to being officers anymore due to changes that happened since they initially said they were willing.
Di3for3v3r
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Di3for3v3r »

normally i dit squad leading / officer sign up :)
so just give me an officer thing so i can shout at people :twisted:
What doesn't kill you makes you stronger. What kills you let you respawn wherever you wanted to go

With kind regards
Di3for3v3r
o1oo1
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by o1oo1 »

You guys need to talk to this person who thinks that people actually read the front page. It contains no other useful information other than who's on ts and how long till BD. I cant even find the campaign announcement in the forums right now
jevs

Post by jevs »

Yeah, gotta mass PM everybody with recent activity, or I don't see this getting many responses.
Ghoul
8.Lord
8.Lord

Post by Ghoul »

o1oo1 wrote:You guys need to talk to this person who thinks that people actually read the front page. It contains no other useful information other than who's on ts and how long till BD. I cant even find the campaign announcement in the forums right now
Its right on the front page under NEWS in the center column of the screen. We are open to suggestions on where it would be more visible for members and non members alike.
Fanne
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Fanne »

-front page is needed for the new visitors, mass mail for the members ( maybe s.o forgot about GC or Campaign). Easy that is.
MONGO_abaday
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by MONGO_abaday »

What I think we could do with is a forum or section of the website/front page that is called "Notices" or something along those lines. Which stuff like this can be pinned to allow members and such easily find and see what big things are coming up/going on at the moment.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Ghoul
8.Lord
8.Lord

Post by Ghoul »

That the draft is now open is now a global announcement for the next 14 days in the forums (meaning it is pinned at the top of every forum). If people don't see it I don't know what to say.
RazY70
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by RazY70 »

I assume the lack of announcements or changes in ABC means that there was no officer draft on Sat?
CognitoCon
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by CognitoCon »

There was a draft, but I assume the general's are waiting for their choices to respond before making anything official.
Wi1D_K4rD
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Wi1D_K4rD »

What cog said. The officers picked will be joining the armies via a password so if they aren't any yet means they haven't responded yet to the PMs the Generals or HC should have sent yesterday. Once everyone has confirmed and joined we should have an announcement up pretty much right away letting everyone know who the officer corps are.
RazY70
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by RazY70 »

Thanks for the update.

Good to know there was a draft and we're still on schedule, but not so great that none of the intended officers is even aware of it (presumably, unless ABC is messed up).