How that guy knew you were coming...

Discuss the campaign and all things BF.

Moderator: Executive

Necromancer
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Re: How that guy knew you were coming...

Post by Necromancer »

CognitoCon wrote:100m isn't that far. I don't know about in a house a, but my neighbors are farther away than that and I can tell which direction they're shooting.
unless you have superpowers you can maybe tell very, very general direction (towards me, not towards me).
If you're within the supersonic cone of the bullet you might hear the difference, Otherwise i doubt it.

And after hearing the shot you need to determine whether it friendly or not... before shooting the guy.
-“Regret your helplessness…and feel despair.”
Achievement Unlocked: Battlefield 4 Uninstalled!!
CognitoCon
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by CognitoCon »

Within the scope of the minimap (how much area does that cover, btw?) I think knowing the direction is reasonable. I've been behind a guy shooting and next to a guy shooting and i can tell you that it's a major difference in sound, even with earplugs. Also, in most situations the guy is probably shooting or pointing in the direction of friendlies meaning you have a pretty good idea of where he's looking anyway. Having the arrow makes flanking effective and useful.
Fanne
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Fanne »

Fields wrote:
Bock wrote:Game balance: maybe it's OP to know which way a guy is looking because he fired his gun?

Realism: guy is in a house 100m away and fires a gun. How do you know which way he was facing when he fired?
Except the latency means he's probably looking at you and the map hasn't updated that. Lol
Latence is ok, noise needs time to travel :lol:
What about all those acustic diferences ? like scattered sound, blocked sound or convey sound... and what about echo ???
To complicated but it'll add to the weather leveluotion effect (noise travels with wind) :roll: