Discuss the campaign and all things BF.

Moderator: Executive

SeraphiM0352
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Re: Timing

Post by SeraphiM0352 »

Necromancer wrote:
We never gonna start on time this way becsuse I, like half of the players here, tired of waiting. I showed up 15 minutes before SBT last time, joined at SBT this time and going to be late 10 minutes next time. And going to contiue this way til I find the time we actually start playing.
With an attitude like that maybe you should not show up at all. This community if suppose to be about people coming together to play organized battlefield for fun. You attitude, yet again, does not contribute to the fun. You are acting like a toddler.

You may have a legitimate criticism but its now been overshadowed by your arrogant attitude. Chill out and we can solve whatever the perceived issue is.
King6moh
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by King6moh »

I think all the points have been hit already.

The breaks always seem a little bit longer than the 20 minutes or so but you can't really blame anyone who has stepped out for a few. It's a long battleday and having no extra people means no one can rotate out causing people to be even more tired.
RazY70
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by RazY70 »

SeraphiM0352 wrote: With an attitude like that maybe you should not show up at all. This community if suppose to be about people coming together to play organized battlefield for fun. You attitude, yet again, does not contribute to the fun. You are acting like a toddler.

You may have a legitimate criticism but its now been overshadowed by your arrogant attitude. Chill out and we can solve whatever the perceived issue is.
Come on Seraph, your post isn't very respectful either. Chilling out might not be a bad idea to the both of you :thumbup:

As for the matter at hand, yeah things seem to be dragging out a bit. I was under the impression the idea was to play 6 maps per battleday and we only manage 4. But maybe 4 was the plan all along. I have no idea.
cancel_man
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by cancel_man »

Yesterday seemed off in a lot of ways. After skipping a week and clock changes I think everything just missed by a little bit. Sure late or missing announcements made it confusing, but I wasn't at the top of my game either.

I don't come to GC to play against a clock, I come to play for fun. A little down time to talk strategy with my army and shoot the crap with my squad doesn't bother me.

I think it's also worth pointing out that the current campaign system doesn't rely on clocks and games-per-day as much as previous systems. In previous campaigns your army could only advance on your attack week so it was important to play as many rounds as you could to take territory. Now that an army can advance/take points even when it's not their initiative week, the number of rounds played doesn't matter as much. Personally I'd rather play 4 well populated, well coordinated fun maps on a Battleday than 6 rushed maps that start perfectly on time.
SeraphiM0352
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by SeraphiM0352 »

RazY70 wrote: Come on Seraph, your post isn't very respectful either. Chilling out might not be a bad idea to the both of you :thumbup:

As for the matter at hand, yeah things seem to be dragging out a bit. I was under the impression the idea was to play 6 maps per battleday and we only manage 4. But maybe 4 was the plan all along. I have no idea.

Necro has been given a fair amount of leeway with they way he says things already and it seems people are getting tired of it. if we want to discuss something like adults, its possible but respect is mutual. When someone comes in acting like an asshat they shouldnt be surprised when they get treated like an asshat
Gonzo
Executive
Executive

Post by Gonzo »

RazY70 wrote:As for the matter at hand, yeah things seem to be dragging out a bit. I was under the impression the idea was to play 6 maps per battleday and we only manage 4. But maybe 4 was the plan all along. I have no idea.
The original idea was to play 6 maps per day, but that hasn't happened once. We made wrong predictions on how long each battle would take when we invented this system and actually worried more about having time for too many maps.
Instead, we never went past 5 maps, even on our fastest day. We have reacted to that and changed some rules pertaining to map order and how map continuations are be handled.
Remember, we made this system from scratch, so there are bound to be some oversights. I'm actually surprised this is the only aspect we had to change so far.

Yesterday we could've played another round, had we insisted on it. Instead we opted to call it early so we wouldn't have to continue the same attack next BD. Considering how many close rounds we had, including one that went to a tiebreaker, four and a half maps played is almost par for the course.
Ghoul
8.Lord
8.Lord

Post by Ghoul »

dan1mall wrote:Just as an aside: it is possible that people showed up late yesterday because the timer on the frontpage was off by an hour.
This should be fixed now. Thanks Rob for looking at it when I caught you in the weeee hours of the morning.
Ash2Dust
Executive
Executive

Post by Ash2Dust »

Best solution to this problem is having to many people to want to play.
ViperXVII
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by ViperXVII »

I'm starting to gather I'm the only one around here that doesn't mind the delays that much.

1. It's free
2. It's volunteers that are doing the SL
3. It's a lot of people
4. Battlefield was especially unstable this battleday
5. It's for fun
6. You get to teamkill HARP in the inbetween
7. There's factors like people joining late that are out of everyone's control
8. It's for fun

I don't understand the point in bashing this issue. They know it's delayed, they're not doing it on purpose.
Jokerle
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Jokerle »

Necro is right that waiting time is not good. For some it may not matter, but it is clear that if we would have massive delays every battleday people will lose interest very fast. It is good to aspire a timely start.
There is no incentive to start on time this campaign, this results into less pressure from the HCs/TAs to actual start. Maybe we can keep that in mind for the next campaign.

We currently have often number problems and switching players will take its dear time as well. Getting sorted after the break can be difficult. I have not perceived it as a big problem yet, but we (as a community) should try to have an eye on it, so it wont become too lenient.
Wat ne Wuchtbrumme!
Gwynzer
Executive
Executive

Post by Gwynzer »

Starting on time means that people need to be here on time. Too many aren't.
Jokerle
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Jokerle »

Gwynzer wrote:Starting on time means that people need to be here on time. Too many aren't.
Just to put that into perspective. During the high time of BF3, the army was asked to be on TS 30min(!) before SBT, and most people showed up. That left enough time to sort the army etc. Now, TS fills up 10min (or so..) before SBT.
Not blaming anyone, this is just how things evolve sometimes.
Wat ne Wuchtbrumme!
Divine-Sneaker

Post by Divine-Sneaker »

Back then crap also just got started even if your team was down on important people or whatever. The main difference again being punishment of some sort as an incentive to actually adhere to rules and timings.

Ideally that shouldn't be a problem, nor should it be something people would be opposed to. The entire approach to this campaign though, was to simplify everything, which then removed any sort of incentive or pressure on people to put in an extra effort. I don't think that's really out of line when held up against the intention or the expectations for the campaign, but like joker mentioned, perception is everything and to retain new players we should strive to actually be on time and to keep unnecessary downtime to a minimum.
"fraking game mechanics"
Necromancer
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Necromancer »

Necromancer wrote:
People will come on time when we start on time.
-“Regret your helplessness…and feel despair.”
Achievement Unlocked: Battlefield 4 Uninstalled!!
THUNDER AXE

Post by THUNDER AXE »

I know a lot of people pointed it out that the clock was off and I know that I was late as well because of this, and as well as being in Australia for me the timing is all over the shop. So I apologise to people getting upset by people being late (and to my first battle day as well :/) but I think you should all remember that we are humans, we are not perfect and we make mistakes. Also there may be for some people other outside commitments that delay them from coming on right at the start. Could be anything from work running late to a crying baby etc. so I think people need to just take a step back and remember we are Human and we play this game for fun. It’s not like we are playing for thousands of dollars. It’s meant to be a FRIENDLY and FUN competition between friends.
AUSSIE AUSSIE AUSSIE. OI OI OI
aka
Stolzy_Burger