Discuss the campaign and all things BF.

Moderator: Executive

Spreez
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Re: Timing

Post by Spreez »

Hey guys, long time no see!

For starters, Necro is right on the point of if everything *goes live* on time then people will show up on time to make that live call. However! and this is pretty big from what I am reading, this system is meant to be played on a more relaxed fashion. So that it is based on the number of rounds played total over the whole campaign and how many one side won. Which with the turn based system on battle days (which I personally think this is a great way to handle that system given the discussions had) means that overall the total number of rounds chosen to be played by an army will never have more then 1 map difference.

So instead of an army having the whole day laid out for their attack order, who is doing what when, planning on when people may be online. It is now all up in the air and you get to it when its turn comes around. The time is needed to switch everyones roles and go over the plans again to ensure everyone knows whats going on. I can see where this may take a few more mins then in the past to set up.

Could there be a way to speed up the processes?
Of course.

Could this have an impact on players willing to play the game?
Yes it probably will.

Should the points in this discussion be brought into the next system?
Most certainly.

All that said, try and be more standoffish on what you are trying to say here gents. We all know that sometimes people come off harsh with typed words, I am no exception. Try and make an outline of what is currently wrong and your simple thoughts on how it can be adjusted. Sometimes less is more on what you want said to open the floor to your ideas.