Re: Boats - TV missiles

Post by nx-jojo »

I was actually expecting a video about the upcoming TV changes ^^
Jokerle
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Jokerle »

nx-jojo wrote: I see your point although there are some pretty good players here for a "casual" community and the way to "counter" them is by maximizing your own assets.
We have always been a mix of casuals with "pro"-players. Competition was more demanding in BF3 (for a while), and many BF4 campaigns lacked a solid amount of really good players. This campaign seems to be a bit more challenging again, which is good.

But we also like to give everyone the opportunity to play what he likes. If someone really wants to fly a jet, but is not good at it, he will still get his share of jet-time and the jet-pro will have to sit out. If the team suffers, so be it. It is a delicate balance between true competition and casual play and does not always work well, but we try.

hmm...my ramblings this thread are rather offtopic :lol:
Wat ne Wuchtbrumme!
elchino7

Post by elchino7 »

Offtopic: JDAM vs rocket pods is a matter of preference and skill with them. Lolpods are easy to use, gives you AI and damage at range, while JDAM (bypasses AP (?)) is better for the burst damage.
-.-.-.--.-..-.--.
Remember this is not about TV being OP or have a broken mechanic, rather than changing the gameplay. Take into consideration my opinion is biased upon maps such as "Paracel-Lost Islands-Nansha Strike-Operation Mortar-Wave breaker" where boats do have an active role at capping (Hainan up to some point). As pointed out by Necro, on the rest of the maps boats already play a lesser role (Shangai-Oman and up to some point Lancang*).
*Besides killing the other boat and capping C
Necromancer wrote:you want to make the boat fights close fights.
If its not who can aim better with TVs, its who can aim better with Zuni's or 30mm. close range fights doesn't make it more interesting for me.
one of the boats will go down 10 seconds after entering firing range that there isn't really a lot to do.
Unlike 1v1 tank fights, a tank fight with rep guy is endless, cus the rep repairs all the damage 1 tank can do until the tank runs out of ammo, so you have to do something to actually win a tank fight.
-Something similar would happen with boats. Without taking into consideration TV (which at CQC are basically Tow Missiles which bipass AP), you would have to choose from a sustain DPS Zunis, or burst damage inmobilizing Tows. Risk, reward. Right now TV makes boats sitting ducks and consistenly puts 80dmg on a few seconds. The main reason boat to boat combat ends so quickly.

I don't have any problems using TV (bar the input delay added by ping), i just've this feeling that boats are a bit too restrictive for the common joe and 1 dimensional on how you play with them.
I'm surprised GC boat play hasn't evolve into "tactical" nuking boats with quadruple TV missiles using the minimap. This is at least what i used to do when i still pubbed (y)

PD: take into consideration GC and how it's play here (and how it's being done) and not pub performance.

"Clubbing, drinking, dancing, glancing, flirting, winking, greeting, meeting, chatting, laughing, talking, walking, leaving, weaving, stumbling, fumbling, cabbing, asking, viewing, brewing, nuzzling, cuddling, feeling, reeling, kissing, twisting, touching, rushing, stripping, gripping, clutching, thrusting, bending, arching, gasping, slacking, melting, sleeping, waking, smelling…
Dirt?
Scrabbling, pounding, thumping, bumping, screaming, scratching, groping, choking, crying, gulping, stifling… quieting.
Breathing…breathingbreathing
Necromancer
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Necromancer »

Tving using the minimap is what I do too. At least it requires some skill.
Close fights is just mashing the fire button. The only skill is timing the APS to absorb as much damage.
To me fighting the same boat with the same driver x20 minutes x2 rounds is boring whether its with TVs or not.
Id feel much more useful finding opportunities to help the ground forces. Pick off infantry running along the shore, TV a LAV, shoot down a bird is much more intresting to me.
Driving a boat I feel like im in a 1v1 boat tournament.

I wouldn't mind trying out boat fights without TV, but not ban it altogether (allow using against other assets).

P.s.
Its retarted TVs can't even destroy walls.
-“Regret your helplessness…and feel despair.”
Achievement Unlocked: Battlefield 4 Uninstalled!!
elchino7

Post by elchino7 »

Necromancer wrote:Tving using the minimap is what I do too. At least it requires some skill.
Close fights is just mashing the fire button. The only skill is timing the APS to absorb as much damage.
To me fighting the same boat with the same driver x20 minutes x2 rounds is boring whether its with TVs or not.
Id feel much more useful finding opportunities to help the ground forces. Pick off infantry running along the shore, TV a LAV, shoot down a bird is much more intresting to me.
Driving a boat I feel like im in a 1v1 boat tournament.

I wouldn't mind trying out boat fights without TV, but not ban it altogether (allow using against other assets).

P.s.
Its retarted TVs can't even destroy walls.
Feeling the same. And the bold part could work if theres an agreement between both armies.

"Clubbing, drinking, dancing, glancing, flirting, winking, greeting, meeting, chatting, laughing, talking, walking, leaving, weaving, stumbling, fumbling, cabbing, asking, viewing, brewing, nuzzling, cuddling, feeling, reeling, kissing, twisting, touching, rushing, stripping, gripping, clutching, thrusting, bending, arching, gasping, slacking, melting, sleeping, waking, smelling…
Dirt?
Scrabbling, pounding, thumping, bumping, screaming, scratching, groping, choking, crying, gulping, stifling… quieting.
Breathing…breathingbreathing
cancel_man
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by cancel_man »

I don't remember the specifics of the upcoming changes, but doesn't it have to do with reducing the effective range?

Agree with the sentiment that boat maps tend to become boat v boat with little impact or attention to the rest of the round. Land armour assets tend to support infantry, work flags and attack softer targets primarily until they're forced into tank v tank or air shuts them down. Boats spend most of their time just hunting each other with TV's. Not using TV's would change that dynamic.