Moderator: Executive

Jokerle
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

patch time

Post by Jokerle »

Cant access bl, so here it reddit:
http://www.reddit.com/r/battlefield_4/c ... ate_mar_3/

I believe many things stem from the CTE, and maybe the new jet stuff will come also at some point. But for now:
All helicopters have new more agile physics applied (you can do both barrel rolls and loops!)
8O
Wat ne Wuchtbrumme!
King6moh
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Re: patch time

Post by King6moh »

Squad spawning on SL is interesting. Will affect our gameplay somewhat I think
CrookedBarrel

Post by CrookedBarrel »

Is it just me or is it cold in here all of a sudden?
Spoiler: show
In combat system now temporarily disables squad spawning when squad mate is in combat
Potentially saves your ass, on pubs in particular, but does prevent that last minute save you sometimes get.
Footsteps: Significantly improved audio of footsteps for enemies and friendlies so that they can clearly be heard. Also fixed an issue where grenades explosions or other loud sounds would mute footstep sounds
Err.. Either I'm the only one wearing headphones, or everyone else is deaf, because footsteps are perfectly audible. Loud sounds hiding other sounds seems natural to me, but then the devs are apparently not from this universe, as has been demonstrated by their interpretation of physics, so what do I know.
Added Mastery Dog tags for several weapons that were previously missing

Dog tags will now display stats both in game and in menus

Fixed an issue where a player's health is displayed incorrectly when they get hit while regenerating health
Day one bugs, finally fixed?
Tweaked Jet HUDs to be more clear
Oh goody, they're no longer the pixelated mess they made 'em last patch.

All of the vehicles with HUDs have been improved btw, tanks are better too, though the fonts still look pretty bad.
Improved scout helicopter crosshairs
What, do they point vaguely in the direction you're shooting now? Guess they finally figured out how to properly calculate lead, like the rest of the world did back in WW2.
All helicopters have new more agile physics applied (you can do both barrel rolls and loops!)
I can only hope this doesn't make the helicopters even more difficult to shoot down as infantry. It's one way to counter the perceived "SRAW Problem" I suppose.
Adjusted the graphics for the Kobra red dot reticle to make it longer to more closely match the actual reticle
It no longer looks overexposed and "fat"? That's good I suppose.
Improved HUD clarity for red dot sights against snowy/bright backgrounds - AND improved PS3/Xbox360 look as well
Wait.. Wasn't this the point of making all the reticles fat last time around?

Also, from the PDF patchnotes:
SOLDIER TRAVERSAL AND COLLISION
Significant improvements have been made to how the soldier traverses the world. Walking over small objects, inclines and lips is now handled gracefully by the engine – it really has to be played to feel the immense difference this makes
It's NOW handled properly by the engine? I'm sorry, wasn't this game released 1 year and 4 months ago? How was it not obvious when you excreted this product that getting stuck on rocks, tree stumps, invisible tree trunks, small pebbles, and average size bacteria is not an enjoyable gameplay element?
Network prioritization and filtering has been improved, now prioritizes health/damage, enemy players and vehicles above all
Are you mad? I need that bush across the map to be perfectly in sync, in fact I want it with nanometer accuracy! Forget the rest!
Required bandwidth close to cut in half
Good, now you can play the game over a reasonably tout piece of string, which is obviously worth sacrificing actual update rate and sync for.
COMMUNITY TESTING: BULLET COLLISION PROJECT
Thanks to a project run by the community on the CTE we’ve been able to address many issues with bullet collision (you can see through an opening, but not shoot through it). A BIG thanks to all players involved in finding and confirming these changes
Mercifully, there are still players willing to invest their time to polish this turd, as obviously the QA team(assuming there even was one) didn't bother.

And now comes the fun bit: Finding out what they inadvertently screwed up in the process.
Last edited by CrookedBarrel on Tue Mar 03, 2015 3:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Of course he looks like the suspect, that don't make him guilty! You look like an idiot, that doesn't mean you are one." -Ken Rosenberg
BF4 C3 TCF Sgt
BF4 C4 SAD Cpt
BF4 C5 EVIL WO
BF4 C6 TCF Col
Di3for3v3r
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Di3for3v3r »

yeah saw 3 day's ago youtube movie about that it's nice to have that in BF4 the barrel rolls for the attack chopper, the the scout it is way more manouverable, but they need to end the 90° angle that you don't get stuck and crash no barrel rolls but just be able to recover that postion.

phpBB [video]

edit:

I just tested things out I love it for the attack chopper, easy movements an improvement for sure,

for the scout also movements are the same, and the barrel rolls love them, the loops not needed you loose very fast your altitude, need to be + 150 hight and thats moste of the time not the zone for this chopper :)

overal nice changes love it on the attack .
What doesn't kill you makes you stronger. What kills you let you respawn wherever you wanted to go

With kind regards
Di3for3v3r
Divine-Sneaker

Post by Divine-Sneaker »

Now add support for sound in mono so the rest of us can use audio ques :<
"fraking game mechanics"
Kilo
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Kilo »

CrookedBarrel wrote:Is it just me or is it cold in here all of a sudden?
Spoiler: show
In combat system now temporarily disables squad spawning when squad mate is in combat
Potentially saves your ass, on pubs in particular, but does prevent that last minute save you sometimes get.
Footsteps: Significantly improved audio of footsteps for enemies and friendlies so that they can clearly be heard. Also fixed an issue where grenades explosions or other loud sounds would mute footstep sounds
Err.. Either I'm the only one wearing headphones, or everyone else is deaf, because footsteps are perfectly audible. Loud sounds hiding other sounds seems natural to me, but then the devs are apparently not from this universe, as has been demonstrated by their interpretation of physics, so what do I know.
Added Mastery Dog tags for several weapons that were previously missing

Dog tags will now display stats both in game and in menus

Fixed an issue where a player's health is displayed incorrectly when they get hit while regenerating health
Day one bugs, finally fixed?
Tweaked Jet HUDs to be more clear
Oh goody, they're no longer the pixelated mess they made 'em last patch.

All of the vehicles with HUDs have been improved btw, tanks are better too, though the fonts still look pretty bad.
Improved scout helicopter crosshairs
What, do they point vaguely in the direction you're shooting now? Guess they finally figured out how to properly calculate lead, like the rest of the world did back in WW2.
I can only hope this doesn't make the helicopters even more difficult to shoot down as infantry. It's one way to counter the perceived "SRAW Problem" I suppose.
Adjusted the graphics for the Kobra red dot reticle to make it longer to more closely match the actual reticle
It no longer look overexposed and "fat"? That's good I suppose.
Improved HUD clarity for red dot sights against snowy/bright backgrounds - AND improved PS3/Xbox360 look as well
Wait.. Wasn't this the point of making all the reticles fat last time around?

Also, from the PDF patchnotes:
SOLDIER TRAVERSAL AND COLLISION
Significant improvements have been made to how the soldier traverses the world. Walking over small objects, inclines and lips is now handled gracefully by the engine – it really has to be played to feel the immense difference this makes
It's NOW handled properly by the engine? I'm sorry, wasn't this game released 1 year and 4 months ago? How was it not obvious when you excreted this product that getting stuck on rocks, tree stumps, invisible tree trunks, small pebbles, and average size bacteria is not an enjoyable gameplay element?
Network prioritization and filtering has been improved, now prioritizes health/damage, enemy players and vehicles above all
Are you mad? I need that bush across the map to be perfectly in sync, in fact I want it with nanometer accuracy! Forget the rest!
Required bandwidth close to cut in half
Good, now you can play the game over a reasonably tout piece of string, which is obviously worth sacrificing actual update rate and sync for.
COMMUNITY TESTING: BULLET COLLISION PROJECT
Thanks to a project run by the community on the CTE we’ve been able to address many issues with bullet collision (you can see through an opening, but not shoot through it). A BIG thanks to all players involved in finding and confirming these changes
Mercifully, there are still players willing to invest their time to polish this turd, as obviously the QA team(assuming there even was one) didn't bother.

And now comes the fun bit: Finding out what they inadvertently screwed up in the process.

Mmmmm...so much bittervet
Battlefield Tournament History
BF3C4: STAR Infantry Private 2Image
BF3C5: LOD Infantry Private
BF3C6: UNSC Infantry Private First Class
BF4C1: USSR Infantry Conscript
BF4C2: GoCI Infantry Private First Class
BF4C3: LN7 Infantry Private
BF4C4: JANUS Armor Private
BF4C5: KTSS SAS Captain
BF4C6: SAD Infantry CorporalImage
BF4C7: GC Infantry Captain
Necromancer
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Necromancer »

Kilo wrote:
Its a 60$ AAA game, not a pre-alpha indie game for 10$.

Am I wrong to expect it to be polished? Or being fixed before the end of its designed life cycle?

For some unknown reason design decisions that are clearly better and worked well in previous installments were completely ignored this time. And the numerous people making this triple A game are supposed to be professionals, not first timers, so how come its regressing instead of progressing?

I think bf4 is what a games looks like when it is designed by the marketing devision and not game developers.
-“Regret your helplessness…and feel despair.”
Achievement Unlocked: Battlefield 4 Uninstalled!!
Fields
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Fields »

Something is VERY VERY wrong with C4. :roll:

EDIT: Okay, it falls through the ground, doesn't explode, and still kills things somehow. It's really really bizarre. Also, the game crashes wayy more easily now. I got like 3 crashes in a half an hour. GG, guys. :clap:

EDIT: Yep, it's official. I crash every 15-20 minutes now. Lots of other people are reportedly having similar problems since the patch. :roll:
Last edited by Fields on Wed Mar 04, 2015 5:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nix

Post by Nix »

I thought the new jet flight model would be included :(
MAAfield 4: MAA Rising, Second MAA, MAA Strike, MAA's Teeth, Final MAA, MAA Operations, Community MAA and Legacy MAA
Róka

Post by Róka »

CrookedBarrel wrote:And now comes the fun bit: Finding out what they inadvertently screwed up in the process.
ImageImage
Róka

Post by Róka »

They definitely basically just fixed more of what should have been Day 1. The choppers are better with this new agility (feels like past bf again). You can see who is dead just by tabbing to scoreboard now (although you can also see who is dead on the enemy team so lmfao) which I don't like at all.
They also attempted to add the server setting (Ranked/Nonranked, Normal, Custom, Hardcore) to display in the loading screen. It works but it's showing the placeholder/code name not the pretty print :lol: "ID_M_SERVERTYPE_RANKED" on the bottom left corner of loading screen.
Jet HUD is definitely easier to read. Recoil on guns is really wonky for me now. Using kobra sight and it looks like I'm shooting lasers in a larger spread while recoil kicks pretty hard. Worse than before imo.
http://static.cdn.ea.com/battlelog/cust ... rPatch.pdf
Also,
USER INTERFACE
Fixed an issue where the soldier camouflage selected would change to default between rounds
is still a problem for me.
ImageImage
RazY70
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by RazY70 »

Well, the revive bug or something similar is back. Got stuck in killcam the other night, unable to do anything except wait for the round to end or restart the game :thumbup:
CognitoCon
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by CognitoCon »

Despite certain performance issues that may or may not be one of my cards dying, the game feels more crisp after this patch. The weapon reticles are nice and thin again and are apparently customization which is nice. Collision still isn't great, at least on the maps I played on, although I'm not sure if they were listed in the patch notes.
Nix

Post by Nix »

Scout Helicopter miniguns have spread now.
I didn't see any of that in the patch notes.

Stealth Jet cannons seem to be a bit more powerful against armor. I could be wrong tho.
MAAfield 4: MAA Rising, Second MAA, MAA Strike, MAA's Teeth, Final MAA, MAA Operations, Community MAA and Legacy MAA
SeraphiM0352
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by SeraphiM0352 »

Necromancer wrote:
Kilo wrote:
Its a 60$ AAA game, not a pre-alpha indie game for 10$.

Am I wrong to expect it to be polished? Or being fixed before the end of its designed life cycle?

For some unknown reason design decisions that are clearly better and worked well in previous installments were completely ignored this time. And the numerous people making this triple A game are supposed to be professionals, not first timers, so how come its regressing instead of progressing?

I think bf4 is what a games looks like when it is designed by the marketing devision and not game developers.

You are absolutely right. If they expect people to shell out $60 for a game and another $50ish for 'premium' content then they should damn well have a playable game. Unfortunately, the lack of polish on launch has become the industry standard. It all about how many copies can be pre-sold before consumers realize the game is crap.