BF3
48%
BF4
52%

Total votes: 64

Fields
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Re: BF4 or BF3 - The poll is back again!

Post by Fields »

Necromancer wrote:
CrookedBarrel wrote:actually signing up and getting involved in making decisions.
Replaying to this thread is all the 'decision making' we are able to do.
After all its up to the Exec-TA (active execs occupying TA role) and the two generals.
What they decide is what will happen and there's little we can do about it beside trying to sway their opinions this or the other way in this thread or in the secret TA forums or TS.
That's really not true; the TAs and execs execute what the community wants, not determine it. If this poll showed an overwhelming support for BF3 over BF4, they would make the switch back, I'm sure. With things being more split right now, it's more difficult to prove that BF3 will draw more players and more involvement than BF4. This is why there's another poll right now that will take some of the ambiguity out of this matter.
StarfisherEcho
Executive
Executive

Post by StarfisherEcho »

For old times sake, I went and pubbed a few matches in BF3. Broke out my G3A3 and ran around Caspian and Firestorm.

Tight gunfights. Better graphics, somehow, they're just.. crisper. The sounds even sound better. The BF4 getting shot sound makes it sound like you're a hollow piece of plastic.

My dream game would be:

BF2 Maps
BF2 Squad sizes and roles
BF2 Commander and mechanics

BF3 Gunplay
BF3 Graphics

The more you look at it, the more apparent it becomes that BF4 was some sort of "let's be COD and release constantly" maneuver. It wasn't an upgrade over BF3, and mostly just feels like some sort of dimwitted cousin.

I hope that BF5 somehow recaptures BF3's feel while bringing back the stuff that made BF2 great. The CTE work they're doing on BF4 is all that sustains that hope; they're trying, at least, to make BF4 a game worth playing. The lessons learned there ought to help make BF5 worth it.

Of course, the first press release for BF5 will be all about how they've upgraded LEVELOLUTION WITH DINOSAURs and frak
ImageImageImage
Jokerle
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Jokerle »

StarfisherEcho wrote: Of course, the first press release for BF5 will be all about how they've upgraded LEVELOLUTION WITH DINOSAURs and frak
all lololution we need is falling rubble (and breaking walls/buildings). Me want me rubble :cry:
Wat ne Wuchtbrumme!
Bock
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Bock »

I remember when I thought they would incorporate what they learned from a year and a half of balancing bf3 into bf4...
BF3C3: DARK - Inf - SFC || BF3C4: STAR - Inf - 1Lt || BF3C5: KART - Armor - Cpt
BF3C6: SCAR - HC - Col || BF4C1: USSR - Mech - Kpt || BF4C2: GOCI - Inf - Lt
BF4C3: TCF - Bronx - Sgt. Maj. || BF4C4: JANUS - Air - Pvt || BF4C5: TA
BF4C6: SAD - Armor - Cpt
Nix

Post by Nix »

lol yea, those were the days...
MAAfield 4: MAA Rising, Second MAA, MAA Strike, MAA's Teeth, Final MAA, MAA Operations, Community MAA and Legacy MAA
Divine-Sneaker

Post by Divine-Sneaker »

Let's not forget though, crap like BF3's suppression. The mere thought of it brings up a subconscious and dormant rage.

fraking crap mechanic.
"fraking game mechanics"