Project Reality 1.3 standalone Release

Discuss the campaign and all things BF.

Moderator: Executive

Rellik_pt

Re: Project Reality 1.3 standalone Release

Post by Rellik_pt »

ViperXVII wrote:Did they mess with the netcode? I remember BF2's to be much worse where infantry was concerned than even bf4, having to lead targets a whole second at less than 20 meters, but maybe I'm remembering wrong?

Also the whole IP is kind of moot, they don't even sell BF2 on origin and since they shut down the servers it's unlikely they will ever do so...
I have no ideia how bad was the netcode since i barely play this before because some pc issues, but this so far for what i saw and the little i play feels much better that any of the BF´s after the second. I mean you only have one spawn and its your base the only away to spawn outside the base is too build a new camp that can be destroy by the enemy. Plus vehicles and huge maps with 100 players is better that any of the 64 caspian borders so far
styphon
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by styphon »

ViperXVII wrote:Did they mess with the netcode? I remember BF2's to be much worse where infantry was concerned than even bf4, having to lead targets a whole second at less than 20 meters, but maybe I'm remembering wrong?

Also the whole IP is kind of moot, they don't even sell BF2 on origin and since they shut down the servers it's unlikely they will ever do so...
There shouldn't be any netcode issues because working out if you hit your target was all done client side, instead of negotiated between client and server as it has been in BF3 and 4.
cancel_man
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by cancel_man »

ViperXVII wrote:Also the whole IP is kind of moot, they don't even sell BF2 on origin and since they shut down the servers it's unlikely they will ever do so...
That's why Project Reality is now standalone. You don't need to own/install BF2 to play it. PR doesn't run on BF2 servers.
Condor

Post by Condor »

Had not heard of this before today, but it looks like pretty decent mod. If it's all free, I'm in for a fun day or two.
Stonie
Executive
Executive

Post by Stonie »

I downloaded the game, I love the slow pass of the game.
It requires decent teamwork, the option to talk to people in vicinity is awesome.
Set decent orders in game, 8 man squads, 100 people on a server.

I am enthusiastic

I hope more of you will try it out, I hope it might be an option for an campaign in GC
Rellik_pt

Post by Rellik_pt »

Stonie wrote:I downloaded the game, I love the slow pass of the game.
It requires decent teamwork, the option to talk to people in vicinity is awesome.

I am enthusiastic

I hope more of you will try it out, I hope it might be an option for an campaign in GC
So far is great love it when i m a medic and i hear everyone screaming for medic and rush to revive then while under fire all the time is so scary to be a medic. :P

We really should make a campaign with this mod, they have everything that we need for one.

Btw mumble is their voip system ingame and works very well with 3d positions of voice.
Fanne
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Fanne »

I'll dl tonight ( nearly 6 h needed with 350 kb, don't ask how long gta took :P )
Robawillis
Executive
Executive

Post by Robawillis »

Stonie wrote:I downloaded the game, I love the slow pass of the game.

I am enthusiastic

I do remember looking at the server files for this way long ago just to see what I could tweak, think I was able to look into the kit system or something can't really remember.

Anyway need to play this version and also have a look around to see what server options we have so that we could host our own version of PR.

If I am not mistaken didn't they have a tournament for PR?
Rellik_pt

Post by Rellik_pt »

Robawillis wrote: I do remember looking at the server files for this way long ago just to see what I could tweak, think I was able to look into the kit system or something can't really remember.

Anyway need to play this version and also have a look around to see what server options we have so that we could host our own version of PR.

http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/s ... PT&strip=1 this?
Stonie
Executive
Executive

Post by Stonie »

Robawillis wrote: I do remember looking at the server files for this way long ago just to see what I could tweak, think I was able to look into the kit system or something can't really remember.

Not sure what you wanna tweak. I love it that you need special kits to fly or operate armor.
People have to dedicate to their role, on the public servers there are people that dedicate them selves to ferry personnel from HQ to the battlefield

Is it an option you DL the server files and test them locally? It seems that there are extensive settings you can set for a local server.

If I am not mistaken we are not the only BF4 community. I think we can coexist with PRT.
InsanityRocks
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by InsanityRocks »

I could use some assistance, please.

I downloaded the ISO and installed the game.

I have Zero experience with BF2, so I'm not sure what to do next. I started the game, but, now what?
Stonie
Executive
Executive

Post by Stonie »

InsanityRocks wrote: I have Zero experience with BF2, so I'm not sure what to do next. I started the game, but, now what?
All bf2 experience is worthless anyway.

Make a profiel, launch game.
Click Deployment, find a server and connect
Join a squad and tell them you are new to the game, they are very helpful

Some tips.
Once you connected tab out of the game and reduce the sound volume of the dame to 30 in windows volume mixer and mumble to 100

0 on the numpad to talk to your squad
H to talk to anybody near you

Get used to the fact that it takes a while before you reach the action.

Glance over the manual, you need specific kits to fly or operate armor

I am reinstalling my PC today, hopefully I finish it later today so we can play a few rounds
cancel_man
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by cancel_man »

Here's a recording of some guy teaching noobs to play:
https://youtu.be/FwBKtLdBvms
(it gets a little less annoying after 2 minutes)
styphon
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by styphon »

PR 1.3 Looks interesting. I'm going to be formatting my PC in a few days (new SSD on the way, I've filled all my current drives). I'll install it after the format. Hopefully we can get some guys together.
Rellik_pt

Post by Rellik_pt »

So far i m loving this more that any of the new battlefields. It´s a bit slow to go to action, but when it happens is a lot more intense. Also i give a lot more props to squad leaders in this game they have so much too do and react with the rest of the squad.

If you guys want to do a sunday game could be cool, i will go rifleman at, Ar or medic if need.

Also you wont enjoy the game if you dont have the entire team screaming this
phpBB [video]