BF4 Spring update is here + Discussion

Discuss the campaign and all things BF.

Moderator: Executive

elchino7

Re: BF4 Spring update is here + Discussion

Post by elchino7 »

RIP in peace SRAW and TV k:cry:

Yeah, Thermal not OP anymore.

Some weapon got huge recoil increase, meanwhile now ACE23 has 5 more bullets... dafuck.

"Clubbing, drinking, dancing, glancing, flirting, winking, greeting, meeting, chatting, laughing, talking, walking, leaving, weaving, stumbling, fumbling, cabbing, asking, viewing, brewing, nuzzling, cuddling, feeling, reeling, kissing, twisting, touching, rushing, stripping, gripping, clutching, thrusting, bending, arching, gasping, slacking, melting, sleeping, waking, smelling…
Dirt?
Scrabbling, pounding, thumping, bumping, screaming, scratching, groping, choking, crying, gulping, stifling… quieting.
Breathing…breathingbreathing
Nix

Post by Nix »

Jumped into a round that had no sound whatsoever. Never had that before.

The netcode really is bad for me. My aim is pin-point and fast (And I know when it's not)
And yet, I keep getting out gunned/killed behind walls is such bizarre ways then before.

GGs Everyone.
MAAfield 4: MAA Rising, Second MAA, MAA Strike, MAA's Teeth, Final MAA, MAA Operations, Community MAA and Legacy MAA
dan1mall
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by dan1mall »

Nix wrote:Jumped into a round that had no sound whatsoever. Never had that before.

The netcode really is bad for me. My aim is pin-point and fast (And I know when it's not)
And yet, I keep getting out gunned/killed behind walls is such bizarre ways then before.

GGs Everyone.
I had the sound issue before this patch quite often, I ended up ariving 30 min earlier to battledays just so I could start and restart BF4 untill I had sound. However I havent had this issue since the patch, could just be luck though.

Netcode issues, I'll be honest, im probably too bad to notice. Most of my kills are people I see without them seeing me, and most of my deaths are vice-versa, so netcode doesnt really affect that.
ViperXVII
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by ViperXVII »

Way harder to hit TV missiles now, although funhit managed two (and one the server decided nope).

Also nearly all the vehicles have gotten nerferoni'd. AA has fall off and spread (deserved IMO), same for the little bird. Little bird repairs are slower (also deserved IMO).

However the thing that really stands out is the jet nerfs. All do less damage against everything except that the stealth can now actually hit tanks kind of hard with the 30 mm. Free table stolen from reddit

http://i.imgur.com/bVxXM7y.png

Also this is what stealth jets can do to tanks now http://gfycat.com/AggravatingSelfassuredBigmouthbass
Jokerle
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Jokerle »

stupid undocumented changes...
Did they bring the new jet flight mechanics from the CTE as well?
Wat ne Wuchtbrumme!
CaptJagermeister
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by CaptJagermeister »

I knew the sraw was getting nerfed but jesus is it bad now. It used to be my go to rocket but I switched over the the smaw cause I never really used that.

Also thermal vision is still weird now cause I can't distinquish building from background but it's better than before the patch atleast where it was black on black and I couldn't even see where I was driving.

Haven't really used the tv-missiles, I read that they're harder to hit but they're also way faster now right?

The Stealth jet cannon changes seem quite interesting cause before there really wasn't any reason to use the 30mm so it's nice so see some variety.

Although I haven't played any gunmaster yet I quite liked it in BF3 so I think it's nice that they added it to BF4 and the new guns seem interesting aswell. I think I'm gonna use the AN-94 which I never really usee in BF3 but supposedly it's godly by the way I've seen people talk about it.
ViperXVII
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by ViperXVII »

Jokerle wrote:stupid undocumented changes...
Some of them at least. The 313 is gone. No idea about the other changes, I personally didn't notice anything but I'm not too much of a frequent flier. funhit would know for sure.
LoA
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by LoA »

ViperXVII wrote:
Jokerle wrote:stupid undocumented changes...
Some of them at least. The 313 is gone. No idea about the other changes, I personally didn't notice anything but I'm not too much of a frequent flier. funhit would know for sure.
313 is only gone for the attack jet.
cancel_man
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by cancel_man »

Played a while last night and had no problems with the game loading or crashing. Played on a German server with 120+ ping and some USA servers and both worked great. This patch definitely improved performance for me (both client & netcode).

The changes to bullet spread and damage over distance is apparent. You'll survive a lot longer when someone is trying to hit you with an LMG or AR from a long distance. It's an improvement to infantry engagements, IMO. Though I saw a lot more DMR use as a result- maybe they actually have a useful place now.
Nix

Post by Nix »

I do like one thing about the TV nerf: Removal of splash damage.

Now if they would only do that the million other AT weapons.

I'm not jet pilot, but if 313 is gone in the Attack jet, what does that mean for it?
Is it harder to fight the Stealth jet or easier?
MAAfield 4: MAA Rising, Second MAA, MAA Strike, MAA's Teeth, Final MAA, MAA Operations, Community MAA and Legacy MAA
o1oo1
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by o1oo1 »

havent played on vehicles yet but the infantry play seems a lot better but also takes some getting used to . Also an-95 burst masterrace
Jokerle
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Jokerle »

so there is an 0.12 delay between the an-94 bursts according to symthic forum, which results into an effective 700rpm or so.
no more an-94 masterrace
Wat ne Wuchtbrumme!
o1oo1
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by o1oo1 »

Jokerle wrote:
can you link the source
Jokerle
Supporting Member
Supporting Member