Discuss the campaign and all things BF.

Moderator: Executive

ViperXVII
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Scrim rules voting call to participation

Post by ViperXVII »

Hello everyone,

so 21cw (duke and two of their generals) and I came up with the possible "contention" points for rules that will come up during the spring. Since this is a community thing, we gave notions of both side's preferences and I wrote them down on a spreadsheet so we can vote on them.

Unless someone thinks of a different date, I'd like to suggest this saturday after the bday is over we vote on all the rules that we're going to have for the simple reason most of us will be on then anyway and the scrim and campaign would be at that hour as well. We'd just amass into a channel and talk over the issues and that way everybody' can voice an opinion without making one million posts. Again, if somebody can think of a better time or date, shoot!

Again, this is just going over the rules, like banning flashbangs and the like, and on which day the scrim will be held.

On the side we have TCF practice on thursday, so about SBT + 2.5 (IIRC) we'll be done so if anyone wants to check prior to having the community vote to see if we might have missed something feel free to drop around that hour!
Last edited by ViperXVII on Wed Aug 05, 2015 7:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kilo
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Re: Scrim rules voting call to participation

Post by Kilo »

Will any past member of GC be able to play or will it be limited to members in active teams? Reason I'm asking is I have some friends that have played here before but may not be currently in an army.
Battlefield Tournament History
BF3C4: STAR Infantry Private 2Image
BF3C5: LOD Infantry Private
BF3C6: UNSC Infantry Private First Class
BF4C1: USSR Infantry Conscript
BF4C2: GoCI Infantry Private First Class
BF4C3: LN7 Infantry Private
BF4C4: JANUS Armor Private
BF4C5: KTSS SAS Captain
BF4C6: SAD Infantry CorporalImage
BF4C7: GC Infantry Captain
Jokerle
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Jokerle »

Kilo wrote:Will any past member of GC be able to play or will it be limited to members in active teams? Reason I'm asking is I have some friends that have played here before but may not be currently in an army.
I hope we use our ABC for the GC-army for tracking of everything, so anyone should be allowed to join the draft, just like a normal campaign.
Wat ne Wuchtbrumme!
ViperXVII
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by ViperXVII »

Jokerle wrote:
Kilo wrote:Will any past member of GC be able to play or will it be limited to members in active teams? Reason I'm asking is I have some friends that have played here before but may not be currently in an army.
I hope we use our ABC for the GC-army for tracking of everything, so anyone should be allowed to join the draft, just like a normal campaign.
That's up to GC, don't see any reason why we shouldn't use ABC ^^
Kilo
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Kilo »

I was asking about this upcoming scrim only, not about the campaign.
Battlefield Tournament History
BF3C4: STAR Infantry Private 2Image
BF3C5: LOD Infantry Private
BF3C6: UNSC Infantry Private First Class
BF4C1: USSR Infantry Conscript
BF4C2: GoCI Infantry Private First Class
BF4C3: LN7 Infantry Private
BF4C4: JANUS Armor Private
BF4C5: KTSS SAS Captain
BF4C6: SAD Infantry CorporalImage
BF4C7: GC Infantry Captain
ViperXVII
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by ViperXVII »

We should be able to use ABC as a special day I think, even for the scrim. Not sure now ^^.

As a side note, If a lot of people can't participate in the voting for the scrim chat after saturday but you still want to get a vote in, please either suggest a date or if enough people can't I'll work on a google questionnaire for those that can't.

Duke and 21cw have most of the rules filled out already, so let's see if we can't answer in kind!
ZombieToof
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by ZombieToof »

ViperXVII wrote: Unless someone thinks of a different date, I'd like to suggest this saturday after the bday is over we vote on all the rules that we're going to have for the simple reason most of us will be on then anyway and the scrim and campaign would be at that hour as well. We'd just amass into a channel and talk over the issues and that way everybody' can voice an opinion without making one million posts. Again, if somebody can think of a better time or date, shoot!
Doing the vote at the start of the BD or during the break would be better. The battle day ends ~1am CET and even later in eastern Europe, which is too late for some of the EU players. The start of the BD is 7pm, the break starts at ~10pm CET which both would be reasonable. I guess the break would be a good compromise, even so it might cut off some time from the matches.
…I'm made of mountains, made of metal, made of whiskey, and waves! You won't believe your own breath, when the bold words finally escape your mouth. Keep your secrets hidden, till we're certain of just what we've found. Yeah, they bleed just like us, but our calling is what shapes us now. We won't be held back, won't be tied up, we won't be pinned down. Not now. Astronautalis: "Dimitri Mendeleev"
ViperXVII
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by ViperXVII »

ZombieToof wrote:Doing the vote at the start of the BD or during the break would be better. The battle day ends ~1am CET and even later in eastern Europe, which is too late for some of the EU players. The start of the BD is 7pm, the break starts at ~10pm CET which both would be reasonable. I guess the break would be a good compromise, even so it might cut off some time from the matches.
The problem I see with at the start: It's earlyish for the Americans, and almost no one is on early, barring a few officers. (we already struggle to get people to get on at .00, never mind half an hour early).

The problem with the break, is that it steals the break time which a lot of people use to eat something, and if for any reason we take longer than 30 minutes we're into bday time; I don't think we should steal time from the current campaign to do this since there are people that are not interested in the 21cw scrim. I don't know if I'm the only one that thinks this.