Ohhh shiny or not depending if you like the style

Discuss the campaign and all things BF.

Moderator: Executive

Robawillis
Executive
Executive

Ohhh shiny or not depending if you like the style

Post by Robawillis »

Well guys when tea posted those designs up I went to work right away trying to get something similar up with phpbb as thats the main component we use for the forums. PHPBB uses templates and styles to make the board look pretty so unfortunately I couldn't use Tea's HTML mock up (will be using that for ABC though :wink: ). Anyway after some works I finally have something to show it is in alpha stages at the moment as you can see but I hope to get something more solid up in the coming months:

http://gcdev.global-conflict.org/

Registration is disabled at the moment but when you do register and login you will get an extended top navbar for ABC and UCP, right now I need some help to be honest because ideally I have a grand plan on how it will look but I am struggling with RL and work. If you think you can help I will upload the style to github and allow you to register on this dev forum but you still need to pass my everything so that I can review it.

Anyway I might move this thread to the supporting members forum when its in a more beta stage.

Thanks
Rob
Tea-Assault
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Re: Ohhh shiny or not depending if you like the style

Post by Tea-Assault »

Awesome work Rob! Looks like you've done well considering that with php you can't build it from the ground up :) I've had a few people pop into the channel who have experience and want to lend a hand with the website. Maybe make a public forum post to see whether anyone is able to lend a hand?
the end is really fµcking nigh
King6moh
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by King6moh »

Looks solid! Keep up the awesome work :thumbup:
Robawillis
Executive
Executive

Post by Robawillis »

So I thought I would post a quick update on some activities, basically RL hit me hard and I had to move so not much work has been done but I will post a quick summary on events:
  • Removed locked director so anybody can view it
  • Reviewed code and defined some lists with ID's
  • Learnt how battlelog and amazon keep submenus open when you hover over them
  • Starting to use jquery-menu-aim to fix dropdown submenu
Next work:
  • Populate ABC submenu (ideally want it tabbed will reval more later)
  • Populate UCP dropdown (currently not one but want all front page links in their including avatar as well)
  • Style forum element (long task and boring as well)
Well till next time that's all I've got, with myself not actually doing much next campaign I will focus myself towards more dev work on this project so next update should hopefully contain some big improvements.
TechX

Post by TechX »

Looks great! Phpbb used to need constant updating it avoid getting hack'd. Is it still that way?