Discuss the campaign and all things BF.

Moderator: Executive

Th30ne
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

High Tick Rate, server testing!

Post by Th30ne »

Hey!

Dice are testing higher tick rates atm: http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4/se ... -SERVER-1/

I've played on it for a few rounds and it feels really good, here's a few things l noticed:

[*]There is a little rubberbanding/lag but not a huge amount, happened mainly in tanks
[*]Tanks HMG rounds hit perfectly now really nice to see
[*]Infantry play is fantastic! It really feels like every bullet you shoot at someone connects!!!
[*]No dying around corners!
[*]Jet's feel amazing to fly now very very responsive and the hit reg is amazing!

My ping was at 29ms all the time while l played would be interesting if someone would join with a higher and lower ping to see if makes a massive difference or not.
“‘In town you're the law, out here it's me. Don't push it. Don't push it or I'll give you a war you won't believe.”
cairdazar
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Re: High Tick Rate, server testing!

Post by cairdazar »

How to the new speed inheritance on vehicle shots feel? from looking at videoit looks a bit to much.
Th30ne
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Th30ne »

cairdazar wrote:How to the new speed inheritance on vehicle shots feel? from looking at videoit looks a bit to much.
The server is setup for the retail version of the game not the CTE so no speed inheritance, watched the vid it looks weird as hell!
“‘In town you're the law, out here it's me. Don't push it. Don't push it or I'll give you a war you won't believe.”
cairdazar
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by cairdazar »

oh I din't notice they pushed 60hz to retial
ZombieToof
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by ZombieToof »

cairdazar wrote:oh I din't notice they pushed 60hz to retial
Only on a hand full of their test servers. There collect test data now and want to push it as an option for rentable servers with a server patch in the future.
…I'm made of mountains, made of metal, made of whiskey, and waves! You won't believe your own breath, when the bold words finally escape your mouth. Keep your secrets hidden, till we're certain of just what we've found. Yeah, they bleed just like us, but our calling is what shapes us now. We won't be held back, won't be tied up, we won't be pinned down. Not now. Astronautalis: "Dimitri Mendeleev"
CaptJagermeister
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by CaptJagermeister »

cairdazar wrote:How to the new speed inheritance on vehicle shots feel? from looking at videoit looks a bit to much.
I just watched that video and that looks absolutely terrible! How am I going to hit your c4 quads with this crap?
cairdazar
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by cairdazar »

I tried to play at the 60hz server but it full of blatant hackers, it this what ordinary official servers are like? How anybody play in servers with out admins is beyond me.