Discuss the campaign and all things BF.

Moderator: Executive

ViperXVII
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

BF4 Interest

Post by ViperXVII »

Hey guys,

so, thinking about the future, I'm in talks with another community for another campaign, so the question would be, is anyone interested in playing more BF4 after this campaign?

Some people don't feel interested in BF4, so trying to gauge if people still like to play the game.

It would predictably be full server, not GC internal if people are willing.
Last edited by ViperXVII on Sun Oct 04, 2015 8:16 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Fields
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Re: BF4 Interest

Post by Fields »

The game seems to be on an upswing with development and all; one wonders why they couldn't just release a game as good as BF4 is now, but that's not the point. :roll:
Unless a new game comes along that grasps everyone as better than BF4 for our purposes, it's probably here to stay.
Jokerle
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Jokerle »

two fold opinion.

Yes, I would gladly go with BF4 against another community, during during BDs with full servers I still have fun playing BF4.
But if we have an internal campaign with just 16 players each side, we might as well look into alternatives.

BF5 ought to come Nov '16, so still a long time. God I hope DICE steps up the dev cycle, last time they forked BF3 to develop BF4 they took over tons of errors fixed in later BF3 patches.
Wat ne Wuchtbrumme!
Kilo
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Kilo »

Agreed with Joker. Would be interested in a full server against another community. NOT interested in 16v16 internals. I think I speak for another 5-10 people as well that will be showing up with me.
Battlefield Tournament History
BF3C4: STAR Infantry Private 2Image
BF3C5: LOD Infantry Private
BF3C6: UNSC Infantry Private First Class
BF4C1: USSR Infantry Conscript
BF4C2: GoCI Infantry Private First Class
BF4C3: LN7 Infantry Private
BF4C4: JANUS Armor Private
BF4C5: KTSS SAS Captain
BF4C6: SAD Infantry CorporalImage
BF4C7: GC Infantry Captain
RazY70
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by RazY70 »

Are there alternatives similar to BF available (with enough players)?
fUNh1t

Post by fUNh1t »

Angels Fall First is in EA, but it has some performance problems. Also don't know about servers.
Jokerle
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Jokerle »

RazY70 wrote:Are there alternatives similar to BF available (with enough players)?
This is a list of alternative games for GC being discussed now and then.

Squad
PR Mod
SWBF
Hardline
ARMA3
RO2
Insurgency
Battlefield 3
Verdun
RenegadeX
Battlefield: Bad Company 2

taken fromsupporting members forum

none of them found many fans.
Wat ne Wuchtbrumme!
RazY70
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by RazY70 »

Yes, I'm aware of that discussion but as you pointed out those were not extremely popular choices. Also, we're talking about after the current campaign so Squad and AFF are not relevant.

I don't mind switching to a different game but if the point is to have as many players as possible on board I don't see many alternatives. Even BF3 turned into a bloody war zone when discussed here, and we'll still end up with low numbers.

Seems to me like we're stuck with Crapfield 4 at the moment, and the only reasonable playing option is against other communities. Maybe that option can be expended to some sort of a league with multiple communities participating?
Jokerle
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Jokerle »

just wanted to mention this existing list.
RazY70 wrote: Maybe that option can be expended to some sort of a league with multiple communities participating?
there are some 10v10 leagues or something :P
Wat ne Wuchtbrumme!
RazY70
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by RazY70 »

Jokerle wrote:there are some 10v10 leagues or something :P
That might not be such a bad idea if things come to that.

I was actually thinking about multiple 32v32 communities. I don't really know how many there are.
ViperXVII
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by ViperXVII »

RazY70 wrote:
Jokerle wrote:there are some 10v10 leagues or something :P
That might not be such a bad idea if things come to that.

I was actually thinking about multiple 32v32 communities. I don't really know how many there are.
This was actually what I was planning , I was in talks with both 21CW and level to do a mixed campaign, each community would get 10 slots per side more or less, to a total of 20 slots, this post was meant to measure interest and propose something solid; however GC execs have told me that they do not wish to consider anything involving level.

I might join 21CW/level myself as I think the idea has merit and both 21CW and level are interested, and having mixed teams sounds interesting, although with two communities it will obviously be a bit more stale.

Anyway, sorry guys, I'll take the poll down.
StarfisherEcho
Executive
Executive

Post by StarfisherEcho »

edit: Wait, what? There's no way anyone told you that we're against playing with level. Because we're not, at least not in principle. Level in the past has had a more competitive view of the world than we do here, but I don't see why we couldn't talk about it.

----
Pre-edit:
21CW
Level
Darkstar Gaming

I think Symthic can field a team but they don't have a league that I'm aware of.
Reddit had a team in the BF3 days (they punched our anus) but I think that's defunct.

That's all I ever found when looking in the past.

A 32v32 league would be freaking sweet but I don't think there's enough of them out there. Plus, if our own experience is any guide, skill level can vary wildly between communities, so the league would probably fall apart pretty quickly.

What would be totally sweet would be a genuine 32x32 league that didn't rely on existing communities. I wonder how long it would go, or how many teams could actually form. It takes a lot of work to get a team working, as we've seen. But dayum would it be fun.

Image while it lasted though.
ImageImageImage
ViperXVII
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by ViperXVII »

StarfisherEcho wrote:edit: Wait, what? There's no way anyone told you that we're against playing with level. Because we're not, at least not in principle. Level in the past has had a more competitive view of the world than we do here, but I don't see why we couldn't talk about it.
Uhm ... ok? I guess there's different opinions coming from the execs on this then? PM'd
Gwynzer
Executive
Executive

Post by Gwynzer »

A mixed teams thing *is* something that could work with level (community vs community obviously not, that doesn't meld with our skills or our ethos and that's where we'd be unable to work with them in any way imo).

Mixed teams has some level of merit, even if it has the potential to be organisational hell. Teams of 11 would work if you include a commander, although 2 squads of 5 is much easier to plan around.

As I've said though, when it comes to working with other communities, Execs have to be involved from step one. You've heard my reasoning already, however I'm away to pull something else from our Duke:
execs are uniquely critical in dynamic times whether its new people (since we hold the institutional knowledge and experience), new systems (we can take a 1000 ft view of the situation), or new arguments (we can be a more neutral body).
Kilo
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Kilo »

Jokerle wrote:just wanted to mention this existing list.
RazY70 wrote: Maybe that option can be expended to some sort of a league with multiple communities participating?
there are some 10v10 leagues or something :P
I know DSG (another 32v32 group) has recently started competing in CCS 10v10. There is a tier 2 as well for newer teams and they are doing pretty well (prob 3rd or 4th best team in tier 2).
Battlefield Tournament History
BF3C4: STAR Infantry Private 2Image
BF3C5: LOD Infantry Private
BF3C6: UNSC Infantry Private First Class
BF4C1: USSR Infantry Conscript
BF4C2: GoCI Infantry Private First Class
BF4C3: LN7 Infantry Private
BF4C4: JANUS Armor Private
BF4C5: KTSS SAS Captain
BF4C6: SAD Infantry CorporalImage
BF4C7: GC Infantry Captain