40Hz
9%
60Hz
36%

Total votes: 11

CrookedBarrel

Higher tickrates for GC

Post by CrookedBarrel »

Ghoul wants to know whether upping the tickrate on the GC server to 40Hz would be worthwhile, this would cost an additional 15 USD per month.

I assume 60Hz would be possible as well, though that would obviously come with a higher price tag.

Keep in mind that this is GC, not a public server.

If pings are reasonable(sub-100 at the very least), a higher tickrate could make sense. However, because GC has players from the US and EU, I personally doubt the tickrate will make a positive difference for gameplay.
You can't beat the laws of physics when it comes to latency, and I doubt sending data more often would make it feel less random.
Last edited by CrookedBarrel on Fri Oct 30, 2015 4:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Of course he looks like the suspect, that don't make him guilty! You look like an idiot, that doesn't mean you are one." -Ken Rosenberg
BF4 C3 TCF Sgt
BF4 C4 SAD Cpt
BF4 C5 EVIL WO
BF4 C6 TCF Col
Jokerle
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Re: Higher tickrates for GC

Post by Jokerle »

Not sure if the step from 30 to 40hz is noticeable and thus worth the extra money.

doubling the tick rates is almost doubling the price, meaning 60hz is surely too expensive for an NA+EU server.

Overall i would say this kind of luxury is not worth, there will be plenty of 'bullshit' moments even with a higher tickrate, simply because of the large spread of pings.
Wat ne Wuchtbrumme!
Gwynzer
Executive
Executive

Post by Gwynzer »

At the moment NFO only allow up to 40 tick, can't go any higher. It also costs $15 more per month to upgrade to that tickrate.

I agree with joker in that 10Hz difference probably isn't that noticeable and for sure ain't worth the dosh.
Divine-Sneaker

Post by Divine-Sneaker »

Seems that the price increase is rather lavish when you take into account that we use the servers once a week.
"fraking game mechanics"
Th30ne
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Th30ne »

Would the server company offer some kind of testing or do they have a server already up that is running that we could go on and see if there is a noticeable difference?
“‘In town you're the law, out here it's me. Don't push it. Don't push it or I'll give you a war you won't believe.”
RazY70
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by RazY70 »

They all feels about the same to me at the moment, so as far as I'm concerned not worth extra money.
Róka

Post by Róka »

Th30ne wrote:Would the server company offer some kind of testing or do they have a server already up that is running that we could go on and see if there is a noticeable difference?
They added tickrate filters for the server browser on battlelog so if you want to play around with how you would personally feel just join 3 servers where you get high ping each with a different tickrate and 3 where you get low ping.
ImageImage
Gwynzer
Executive
Executive

Post by Gwynzer »

40Hz Servers

If that link doesn't work, type in "40Hz" in server name.

I can't tell you how accurate they are as 30Hz still shows in battlelog.