Future Campaigns

Discuss the campaign and all things BF.

Moderator: Executive

MyDogAteC4

Future Campaigns

Post by MyDogAteC4 »

I was wondering what direction GC is going in next and whether or not there have been discussions about reaching out to other communities about a potential campaign now that 21CW has surrendered. Word on the street is that other groups have been having trouble gathering numbers just like we did before we started the campaign against 21CW. In recent weeks we've gathered new players and would be a shame if we lost them. I feel like others are wondering the same thing. I'd be willing to offer my help in any way possible to get the ball rolling on a new campaign.
A Docile Sloth
Executive
Executive

Re: Future Campaigns

Post by A Docile Sloth »

As far as I know, there is nothing concrete. I'm fairly sure that the powers that be (the execs) are discussing things.

I think there are problems with other campaigns vs other groups as people like Level (and Reddit if they still exist) are too serious and will roll us and we'll end up with another unbalanced campaign, which neither side will want. If memory serves, DSG is a lot of 21CW people so that may end up being similar to a 21CW campaign (I don't know for sure, just what I remember hearing), plus they are a Sunday group so organising matches will be a tad more difficult, although probably not insurmountable.

There were also mutterings of 10v10 (or 8v8) inter community tournaments but I don't know how far along that got but I suspect the execs are considering all the options.

I expect that the execs will fill us in with hard facts as soon as they have them. I wouldn't be surprised if posts emerge within a week from them about stuff like this.

The above is a lesson in how to write a post with zero content... Ah well... Silly self...
Gwynzer
Executive
Executive

Post by Gwynzer »

A Docile Sloth wrote:I expect that the execs will fill us in with hard facts as soon as they have them. I wouldn't be surprised if posts emerge within a week from them about stuff like this.
We know right now we can't do another internal campaign with our current numbers, and starting to aggressively plan things now with a late thanksgiving break and xmas round the corner isn't the best idea. There are some things in the works to keep us somewhat busy short term, nothing definite yet :)
RazY70
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by RazY70 »

In other words we're not working on anything or have any plans at the moment. Call us after New Year :wave:

I think we could find out how many here are interested in a new BF4 campaign. There were preliminary discussions with other communities, and if enough people are interested I think it makes sense to start moving things along rather than do nothing. It will take enough time as it is.
Gwynzer
Executive
Executive

Post by Gwynzer »

RazY70 wrote:In other words we're not working on anything or have any plans at the moment. Call us after New Year :wave:
Not quite what I said :'(

There were and still are those discussions happening, however all of the BF communities are in the same boat as us at the moment in terms of this being an awkward time of year for stuff.
RazY70
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by RazY70 »

Well, maybe I misunderstood but it sure sounded like that in my head.

I realize all the communities are in the same boat as us, which is why I think it's a good thing to get the ball rolling while there's still some interest left, assuming there is one, and not after the majority abandoned ship.
Ghoul
8.Lord
8.Lord

Post by Ghoul »

There will be a meeting with representatives from Level Saturday sbt regarding a scrimmage against them December 12th.

The scrimmage is to gauge our skills with an eye towards a possible future campaign against them. So yes, there are things are in the works.
RazY70
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by RazY70 »

Thanks for the update. That sounds good.

If I remember correctly we were also considering some form of a mixed campaign. Any thoughts or developments regarding that?
Ghoul
8.Lord
8.Lord

Post by Ghoul »

RazY70 wrote:Thanks for the update. That sounds good.

If I remember correctly we were also considering some form of a mixed campaign. Any thoughts or developments regarding that?
If we get steamrolled then we'll talk about it. Logistically that's going to be a lot more challenging than a us against them campaign.
RazY70
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by RazY70 »

Makes sense.

Going to be interesting :thumbup:
MyDogAteC4

Post by MyDogAteC4 »

Thanks Gwyn and Ghoul for the news and updates. Question, is Level BF really that much better than us?GC is the only place I've played and we have a pretty good group of players here, anybody have any input?
haruky
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by haruky »

MyDogAteC4 wrote:Thanks Gwyn and Ghoul for the news and updates. Question, is Level BF really that much better than us?GC is the only place I've played and we have a pretty good group of players here, anybody have any input?
I always thought they were the next "level" (haha) up. They're a lot more competitive than most communities. Compared to us, I'd imagine that they have a lot more players that play BF4 with some degree of dedication. GC is filled with a lot of casual players that only play BF4 when it's time for Battledays. That isn't to say it's bad, but it will probably make a difference.
Image[/url]
Kilo
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Kilo »

A Docile Sloth wrote:As far as I know, there is nothing concrete. I'm fairly sure that the powers that be (the execs) are discussing things.

I think there are problems with other campaigns vs other groups as people like Level (and Reddit if they still exist) are too serious and will roll us and we'll end up with another unbalanced campaign, which neither side will want. If memory serves, DSG is a lot of 21CW people so that may end up being similar to a 21CW campaign (I don't know for sure, just what I remember hearing), plus they are a Sunday group so organising matches will be a tad more difficult, although probably not insurmountable.
]
LevelBF is deader than 21CW and Team reddit has been dead since BF3. DSG does share quite a few players with 21CW so I'd imagine it'd be fairly similar. However, someone told me their last battle was also a 12v12. Right now GC is honestly the most active tournament around.

MyDogAteC4 wrote:Thanks Gwyn and Ghoul for the news and updates. Question, is Level BF really that much better than us?GC is the only place I've played and we have a pretty good group of players here, anybody have any input?

LevelBF was 90% competitive players from 8v8 and 10v10 teams. I'd say many of them are better than me and the tK guys.
Battlefield Tournament History
BF3C4: STAR Infantry Private 2Image
BF3C5: LOD Infantry Private
BF3C6: UNSC Infantry Private First Class
BF4C1: USSR Infantry Conscript
BF4C2: GoCI Infantry Private First Class
BF4C3: LN7 Infantry Private
BF4C4: JANUS Armor Private
BF4C5: KTSS SAS Captain
BF4C6: SAD Infantry CorporalImage
BF4C7: GC Infantry Captain
undrt0w
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by undrt0w »

I know its hard but mixing tournament ppl would be also nice. Then there is a smaller chance of being one sided campaign.

Of course its really difficult operations wise but just a thought.
Welcome Committee Member
What is GC? | Getting Started at GC | Campaign Sign-up Video | FAQ | Forum Netiquette

New Members do you need help?
Find me on TS or send me a PM
Gonzo
Executive
Executive

Post by Gonzo »

I still maintain that 21s players weren't the biggest problem over there. More often than not the actual gunfights between us and them were rather balanced, so if DSG can bring some better organization to the table, than that could end up being a good campaign. My question is, how many of our players would/could show up on a Sunday and how many of them on a Saturday? And who's gonna lead GC if Viper isn't around to do all the work? I didn't see anyone necessarily distinguishing themselves for that role this campaign.