Battlefield 3: Venice Unleashed - A BF3 Revival???

Discuss the campaign and all things BF.

Moderator: Executive

Divine-Sneaker

Re: Battlefield 3: Venice Unleashed - A BF3 Revival???

Post by Divine-Sneaker »

Sorry, what?

I feel like I've made it very clear over several years that find no enjoyment in battlefield gameplay that features a small amount of players, be it competitive 8v8, 10v10, rush etc. I hope you're not gonna try and tell me that's somehow wrong simply because it means I'm not involved with any events of that type because that's frankly retarded.

Choosing not to play battlefield under circumstances where I, and others don't enjoy it and instead playing something else is a pretty clear choice honestly.

People have attempted to drum up interest, but so far it's fallen flat and I see nothing defeatist about admitting that now is not the right time for it given lack of interest and given how the tools to potentially make it more interesting still aren't available. Maybe once they are, more people will show up but right now most people have clearly decided that there are more productive ways to spend their time.

I'd be interested to hear how that's a the wrong conclusion.
"fraking game mechanics"
RazY70
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by RazY70 »

I already acknowledged the lack of community interest two posts above yours (maybe you've missed it). I don't see it as defeatist at all but as a sad reality. That said, I do welcome any attempt to arrange community activities around the very thing this community is supposed to revolve around. Therefore your side note, which essentially expresses disdain in such efforts, does seem self-defeating to me. Obviously no one is forcing you to play something you don't enjoy.
Divine-Sneaker

Post by Divine-Sneaker »

I don't personally see how it comes off as that, and it certainly wasn't the intention. But there was the air of a question as to why there wasn't interest in a small scale tournamet or a small scale format to which I felt it appropriate to make it clear that to me the format or scale rather than the game is at issue here.

I think that if people still care enough to discuss and argue about it, there's still a perceived demand that might not be seen if noone commented on it.
"fraking game mechanics"
RazY70
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by RazY70 »

Different interpretations then. I only saw it as indicator of the current situation in GC, not as a question of why that is. No worries. Hopefully we'll get to play organized BF in the future and maybe even in GC :thumbup:
Sirslicey

Post by Sirslicey »

The Squad Rush tourneys in BF3 were some of the most fun I had and I would of course be interested in that. Small Scale BF is very different from the normal 32v32 but it is still very fun and something to do. I see that o1 attempted a SR tourney recently, but only 7 sign-ups? Wow
BF3 C3: Master Sergeant | DARK Army
BF3 C4: First Lieutenant | Gladius Army Image
BF3 C5: First Lieutenant | KART Army
BF3 C6: First Lieutenant | United Nations Security Council
Angry Beavers | Honorary Canadian