Battlefield 3: Venice Unleashed - A BF3 Revival???

Discuss the campaign and all things BF.

Moderator: Executive

haruky
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Battlefield 3: Venice Unleashed - A BF3 Revival???

Post by haruky »

phpBB [video]

So.. What do you guys think?

Inclusion of spectator mode.
Private servers
User generated content
... and more......

http://veniceunleashed.net/
Image[/url]
cairdazar
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Re: Battlefield 3: Venice Unleashed - A BF3 Revival???

Post by cairdazar »

Well did they fix the gun glitch? hard to play with out guns =p
Gwynzer
Executive
Executive

Post by Gwynzer »

No gun glitch only affected us (and seemed to be server related, even though we had many different providers). Hosting ourselves could alleviate that and these guys are now seeming to be familiar enough with the engine that should the issue pop up again for us then they may be able to sort it :P

Venice is looking really good, looks more appealing than continuing in BF4 at least, and afaik no one is doing what we do for it yet.
o1oo1
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by o1oo1 »

phpBB [video]
Sirslicey

Post by Sirslicey »

I'm pretty sure lot's of people would be interested in coming back to GC if we played VU BF3. I know I would for sure.
BF3 C3: Master Sergeant | DARK Army
BF3 C4: First Lieutenant | Gladius Army Image
BF3 C5: First Lieutenant | KART Army
BF3 C6: First Lieutenant | United Nations Security Council
Angry Beavers | Honorary Canadian
o1oo1
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by o1oo1 »

no, i tried to have a bf3 interest tourney and less than 8 people signed up. In addition venice doesnt have public access
A Docile Sloth
Executive
Executive

Post by A Docile Sloth »

I think there may be a more positive responce to a Venice campaign than a rush tourney. I know I have no interest in the rush tourney but would be up for a venice campaign. Not guaranteeing it but I feel it to be true.
Sirslicey

Post by Sirslicey »

o1oo1 wrote:no, i tried to have a bf3 interest tourney and less than 8 people signed up. In addition venice doesnt have public access
Because it would seem that most players who enjoyed BF3 more than BF4 left GC already. I know because I didn't like BF4 really and stopped playing in GC. Obviously VU is still very new and not public yet, but it would still be something to really think about once it does.
BF3 C3: Master Sergeant | DARK Army
BF3 C4: First Lieutenant | Gladius Army Image
BF3 C5: First Lieutenant | KART Army
BF3 C6: First Lieutenant | United Nations Security Council
Angry Beavers | Honorary Canadian
RazY70
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by RazY70 »

Sirslicey wrote:Because it would seem that most players who enjoyed BF3 more than BF4 left GC already. I know because I didn't like BF4 really and stopped playing in GC. Obviously VU is still very new and not public yet, but it would still be something to really think about once it does.
Yes, BF4 sucks monkey balls, and many members left due to that and various other reasons. It's possible to try and go back to BF3, and here were polls out the yin-yang to gauge interest in various campaign settings. And while about 50% didn't mind or wanted to play only a BF3 campaign that doesn't change the sad reality that there are simply not enough active/interested members around. With current numbers you can at best try to organize small tournaments, and evidently even that doesn't work. Maybe BF5 will be a decent enough game, and raise interest in large organized campaigns again.
ICallIDTheft

Post by ICallIDTheft »

Just posting to say that I would definitely play if we ran bf 3 again. If this would allow some way to run US vehicles vs. US vehicles it would pretty much fix the one major unbalance that always bugged me about bf 3. Not that I expect to ever get to play a match with enough people to have proper balanced vehicle gameplay, but pew pew with guns is fun too. Especially without vertical map design (tm) and a horde of drones flying into your face. Looks awesome.
Fields
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Fields »

Dice says their editor is too complicated for a user to work with, so the users build their own mod tools. This is ridiculous; it just goes to show how preposterous that whole notion was to begin with. EA just didn't want anyone touching their game and releasing any free dlc for it. Has this project been hit with a cease and desist yet? I would love to go back too bf3 and play some again.
Divine-Sneaker

Post by Divine-Sneaker »

Didn't it mainly come down to the fact that they use IP that they don't own fully themselves for the game engine stuff? Either way it's fraking stupid.

As a sidenote, I'd be down to play bf3, with venice or without it, but what I'm not down for is small scale battlefield. In that case I'd rather be playing counter strike, and I don't even own counter strike.
"fraking game mechanics"
Jokerle
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Jokerle »

Divine-Sneaker wrote: As a sidenote, I'd be down to play bf3, with venice or without it, but what I'm not down for is small scale battlefield.
+1
Wat ne Wuchtbrumme!
Gwynzer
Executive
Executive

Post by Gwynzer »

Divine-Sneaker wrote:Didn't it mainly come down to the fact that they use IP that they don't own fully themselves for the game engine stuff? Either way it's fraking stupid.

DICE make frostbite, they own it and its licensed across EA studios.

The problem is a lot of the tools that DICE use with frostbite aren't their product, and creating public modtools would mean them paying insane license fees to the owners of all that other software.

Tbh in general modern games are very unlikely to see mod tools for that reason, and it's a very understandable one. It's only the big public engines (Unreal, Unity, etc) that really allow it because everything is easily available and it's in wide distribution.
RazY70
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by RazY70 »

Divine-Sneaker wrote:As a sidenote, I'd be down to play bf3, with venice or without it, but what I'm not down for is small scale battlefield. In that case I'd rather be playing counter strike, and I don't even own counter strike.
Yeah because it's better not to play anything than try and get something organized in this k: Battlefield tournament community. We had small scale tournaments in the past which were exciting and fun, so I don't really see what the problem is. It sometime feels like this is how we roll

:(