All aboard the BF5 hype train

Discuss the campaign and all things BF.

Moderator: Executive

matsif
Executive
Executive

Re: All aboard the BF5 hype train

Post by matsif »

apparently DICE is making kills add points to your team score in conquest and making "some tweaks to rush based on user feedback" with no discussion on what they are actually doing, along with nerfing the light tank, adding an AT weapon to the support kit, and probably making other AT tweaks.

still no server information because apparently that's not important.

https://www.battlefield.com/news/articl ... ta-learned
woke up this morning, put on my slippers, walked in the kitchen and died
Róka

Post by Róka »

matsif wrote:apparently DICE is making kills add points to your team score in conquest and making "some tweaks to rush based on user feedback" with no discussion on what they are actually doing, along with nerfing the light tank, adding an AT weapon to the support kit, and probably making other AT tweaks.

still no server information because apparently that's not important.

https://www.battlefield.com/news/articl ... ta-learned
Was just about to post. They didn't clarify whether any kill or confirmed kills (no more respawn) count to the score, and whether it's 1 whole point or ... ? Also, if it's back to this why the feck are we still counting upwards. Pls just go back to original.
ImageImage
Róka

Post by Róka »

https://twitter.com/Battlefield/status/ ... 9780214784

War Pigeons - CTF + Carrier Assault from BF4
Operations - potential campaign game mode :o
Also, Suez! :)
Here's hoping the map designs are unique.
ImageImage
matsif
Executive
Executive

Post by matsif »

apparently one of the cool things that came with battlefront was DICE stopped using punkbuster, and so unless DICE is doing something new they are depending only on fairfight for anticheat.

which, as anyone who played rainbow six siege before they implemented battleye knows, will end badly.

just another bad mark, especially if we lose the ability for global ban list plugins like GGC with the servers (still no info there).
o1oo1
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by o1oo1 »

phpBB [video]

apparently there will only be aesthetic customisation in bf1
matsif
Executive
Executive

Post by matsif »

one of EA's community managers had this to say regarding the lack of server information:
I'm currently working with the game team and other CMs to finalize messaging so we can share more details.
there was some other disclaimer nonsense in the statement ("nothing that isn't from EA is fact" and the other typical bull) but overall it sounds like they're putting lipstick on a pig and know it.
matsif
Executive
Executive

Post by matsif »

EA's community manager now more or less admitted to everyone's concerns over servers for the past months have been ignored, and is now trying to go into full damage control mode. at least we've finally got their attention.
My sincerest apologies that we haven't talked before yesterday regarding this concern from the community.
Truthfully, I was head-down in the Beta for the beginning of the month, then took off for 6 days for my 1 year wedding anniversary. As soon as I landed, I was off to Sweden for a Live Stream setup.
All of that doesn't really mean anything because, regardless, this discussion should have happened sooner.

I'm a gamer. I've rented servers. I get where you are all coming from (for the most part. I never ran a huge clan.)
I will continue to push to get information for you all as soon as possible.
I'll even post every single day in this thread until I have something substantial to share with you - just to prove that I'm here and not abandoning you, and that I'm working with you, not against you.

-Braddock512-
Gwynzer
Executive
Executive

Post by Gwynzer »

matsif wrote:putting lipstick on a pig
Róka

Post by Róka »

" i cri evertim "
I get the tone, but I don't really get why they chose this uppity route. Definitely something new, though. I liked the last 30-40 seconds, mainly because of the more symphonic music (finally back to this - even if it's not the actual soundtrack yet at least it's not wubs, and the alpha/beta had 3-4 songs from OST, all of which were orchestral) and the incorporation of the BF theme (has a transcontinental railroad/The Polar Express touch to it lol)
EDIT: It's a pre-recorded piece - 1 year old (in the description) - used in a couple movies this past year and they just layered the battlefield thuds on it.
phpBB [video]
ImageImage
matsif
Executive
Executive

Post by matsif »

EA's community manager failed to bring any info past "info is coming soon" or hold up his end of the "I'll post in this thread until real information comes" thing. the mods have deleted the 60+ page post with concerns over server info and lock anything resembling server discussion that pops up on the BF forum, saying that we shouldn't have a discussion based on lack of info and the currently known rumors.

game comes out in roughly 2 weeks.
Róka

Post by Róka »

matsif wrote:EA's community manager failed to bring any info past "info is coming soon" or hold up his end of the "I'll post in this thread until real information comes" thing. the mods have deleted the 60+ page post with concerns over server info and lock anything resembling server discussion that pops up on the BF forum, saying that we shouldn't have a discussion based on lack of info and the currently known rumors.

rip bf rip
ImageImage
mrBLUE9
Executive
Executive

Post by mrBLUE9 »

:(
Fields
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Fields »

matsif wrote:EA's community manager failed to bring any info past "info is coming soon" or hold up his end of the "I'll post in this thread until real information comes" thing. the mods have deleted the 60+ page post with concerns over server info and lock anything resembling server discussion that pops up on the BF forum, saying that we shouldn't have a discussion based on lack of info and the currently known rumors.

We could assume the worst, that they're trying to silence everyone and cover up the issue, or we can assume that they just don't want wild speculation and rumors passing around before the game releases and with 0 real information. I'm still hoping for the best with REAL community run servers that we can customize. :thumbup:
Gwynzer
Executive
Executive

Post by Gwynzer »

They came back and have said essentially later this week, maybe.
RazY70
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by RazY70 »

Fields wrote:or we can assume that they just don't want wild speculation and rumors passing around before the game releases and with 0 real information
The way to stop wild speculation running around is to release official information. The fact they don't, and so close to release, is a definite cause for concern in my opinion.