All aboard the BF5 hype train

Discuss the campaign and all things BF.

Moderator: Executive

Jokerle
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Re: All aboard the BF5 hype train

Post by Jokerle »

i mentally relabeled the full BF1 release as "early access". :?

helps me cope with the gaming industry
Wat ne Wuchtbrumme!
Th30ne
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Th30ne »

New patch today! It's 2GB in size!

Here are the patch notes: https://forums.battlefield.com/en-us/di ... 016#latest

There are some good patches in that list and its a big list!
“‘In town you're the law, out here it's me. Don't push it. Don't push it or I'll give you a war you won't believe.”
RazY70
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by RazY70 »

Server support is abysmal even by console standards. k:bad:
Fanne
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Fanne »

I can only type if rolling on the floor comes close to key board - already gone totaly mad k:crazy: luckely not spend any money on!!!
Spoiler: show
phpBB [video]
k:cry:
StarfisherEcho
Executive
Executive

Post by StarfisherEcho »

Well, they've killed e sports, that's for sure.

One note of patience here. We didn't start BF3 campaigns until the game had been out for several months. So all hope is not lost. But good god they couldn't have handled this worse if they tried.
ImageImageImage
CekiHappy
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by CekiHappy »

Like someone in chat wrote at the end of a round:
"Wow, i cant wait for Dice LA to fix this"
Fanne
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Fanne »

waiting time

I think we have ALL the possible questions needed - now we just need answers.
Once we get the first round of answers out of the way, I think I can create another thread about questions.

Tea time -since questing forum is closed no need for popcorn anymore.
StarfisherEcho
Executive
Executive

Post by StarfisherEcho »

Hi,

My name is Alexander Hassoon and I’m the Producer on the Rent-a-Server program in Battlefield 1. I wanted to take some time to talk to you about what we have in store for it in in the near future.

Firstly, I need to cover some history! In previous Battlefield titles, Rent-a-Server was handled in-game on console by EA while PC was handled outside the game client by third-party providers. This setup gave PC server admins a large amount of control on the game server but often at the cost of the overall player experience. The console server admins had very little control, but the player experience was very similar to playing on official servers. We all remember how as a player you would end up on a server that did not allow certainly gameplay elements and you would be kicked or banned immediately by accidentally using one of the restricted items!

So the challenge we set to ourselves at DICE was as follows - How can we increase admin control levels while not sacrificing the player experience?

We started by implementing PC Rent-a-Server to the Battlefield 1 game client with the release of the Nov 15 patch. It was a very tough call to make but we felt it had to be done to offer a consistent experience for all players and allowed us control of the admin options there are.

We added a lot of customization options that were not natively available in the game client before, features such as Class Restrictions, Weapon Class Restriction and Explosives Restrictions. Server admins in Battlefield 1 can now control all these options while the players won’t be punished for using them by mistake.

So what does the future hold for the Rent-a-Server program in Battlefield 1?

We will continue working on adding more features and tools as well as a bunch of other cool stuff which we aren’t quite ready to talk about just now.

We see the Rent-a-Server program in Battlefield 1 very much as a live service that will evolve over time based on your feedback, so keep it coming as we hear you loud and clear.

Sincerely
Alexander “Striterax” Hassoon
Yep. The phantom badmin problem is why they decided to destroy esport and release a shitty product.

Maybe in six months we'll be able to run a campaign.
ImageImageImage
Bock
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Bock »

Not sure if they're wiley money-grubbers out to ruin the game, or incompetent loons out to ruin the game they're so clearly detached from.

Bad experiences related to server bans of weapons made up 0.0000001% of my time playing BF3 and BF4.

Makes an easy scapegoat I guess.
BF3C3: DARK - Inf - SFC || BF3C4: STAR - Inf - 1Lt || BF3C5: KART - Armor - Cpt
BF3C6: SCAR - HC - Col || BF4C1: USSR - Mech - Kpt || BF4C2: GOCI - Inf - Lt
BF4C3: TCF - Bronx - Sgt. Maj. || BF4C4: JANUS - Air - Pvt || BF4C5: TA
BF4C6: SAD - Armor - Cpt
matsif
Executive
Executive

Post by matsif »

StarfisherEcho wrote:*snip*

Yep. The phantom badmin problem is why they decided to destroy esport and release a shitty product.

Maybe in six months we'll be able to run a campaign.
aka "you're all getting punished because of players who can't read or follow really basic rules."

I wouldn't even hold my breath for having the basic tools we need in 6 months, those controls will break their "unified player experience" they want so bad.

I seriously question why we should support the game even if they get their crap together.
woke up this morning, put on my slippers, walked in the kitchen and died
Nix

Post by Nix »

Aren't badmins part of the online multiplayer experience? Nothings more rewarding than getting banned from a server :lol:

dice pls
MAAfield 4: MAA Rising, Second MAA, MAA Strike, MAA's Teeth, Final MAA, MAA Operations, Community MAA and Legacy MAA
Róka

Post by Róka »

Nix wrote:Aren't badmins part of the online multiplayer experience? Nothings more rewarding than getting banned from a server :lol:

dice pls
^This. Back in the BF3 days whenever you machine-gun downed an infantry with the jet and it turned out to be the server admin.
ImageImage
Divine-Sneaker

Post by Divine-Sneaker »

Even the notion that a "consistent" and uniform experience for every player involved is something to strive for is absolutely thundercuntingly retarded to begin with. And on so many levels.

Absolute load of PR crap that's been circling since battle recorder failed to make it anywhere past its single iteration.
"fraking game mechanics"
Fanne
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Fanne »

What is epic on this s.....?
Spoiler: show
Welcome to the first #FridayNightBattlefield for Battlefest!
Friday night is a great time to play Battlefield 1, and tonight is going to be epic.

Jump into any #FridayNightBattlefield server and snap a pic (showing server name from the Server Description page as you join). Take that picture and tweet Battlefield TO RECEIVE CODE). Be quick, though. Only the first 500 people to tweet us AFTER 3PM PT/11PM UTC will get the tag… for now.
But remember, there’s always next Friday!

Want more? You may run into a DICE Developer on the server, or one of our Community Managers or Moderators. No matter what, it’s Friday Night, it’s Battlefield, it’s Battlefest!

If you’re not in the first 500 to tweet us a pic, don’t worry. We’ll be giving out codes in-game to some lucky participants!
hahaha what a kindergarten :thumbdown:
Fields
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Fields »

I had 1 ban in BF3 while using the FAMAS, because the server admins didn't want a bug where the gun would break progress for players, and it was only banned because DICE fraked up and introduced the bug. I emailed them the patch notes which said that it was fixed and they unbanned me. Is this really such a huge issue for other people?