Moderator: Executive

mrBLUE9
Executive
Executive

Re: All aboard the BF5 hype train

Post by mrBLUE9 »

UPDATE 3:

Will there be RCON or PROCON tools?
We are commited to developing in-game support for the most popular plugins used with previous Battlefield titles to ensure that admins have similar levels of customization. However, the new RSP servers will not support 3rd party tools like RCON or ProCON. Please stay tuned to the Battlefield channels for more updates.

Why are the prices different for PC and console?
PC servers will be running at 60Hz, with console servers running at 30Hz. Pricing has been adjusted accordingly. Please stay tuned to the Battlefield channels for more updates.

Are the prices for servers affected by slot-size?
Server rental prices are not set by slot-size, but the slot-size will vary depending on the mode chosen in the rotation. Please stay tuned to the Battlefield channels for more updates.
Fields
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Fields »

Well, that's not necessarily damning yet since it seems they're working on some solution to give us similar server controls to previous games but not including direct support for 3rd party server plugins. One wonders if this means the server admin will have to be present in the server to control it or if there will be some other sort of controller external to the game itself but developed by DICE. But 60 hz servers for PC sounds great to me; hopefully they're not radically expensive. Really, the lack of good information here is the most troubling. Thanks for posting, Blue! :thumbup:
Jokerle
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Jokerle »

There have now this web companion 'app' (=website). I figure they make server control available there.
(https://www.battlefield.com/companion).

But I fear that the initially supported settings will not be enough.
Wat ne Wuchtbrumme!
StarfisherEcho
Executive
Executive

Post by StarfisherEcho »

When does the refund window for BF1 close? Bets on how soon after that they reveal full info?

That forum is the most transparent and poorly executed stalling tactic ever. None of those questions are complex or can feasibly be unknown at this point.

frak.
ImageImageImage
matsif
Executive
Executive

Post by matsif »

StarfisherEcho wrote:When does the refund window for BF1 close? Bets on how soon after that they reveal full info?

That forum is the most transparent and poorly executed stalling tactic ever. None of those questions are complex or can feasibly be unknown at this point.

frak.
exactly. there's no reason for this much delay. this 3rd "update" is just once again a whole lot of nothing that doesn't actually answer any questions people have. it's just ridiculous and frankly there's no reason we should support this game, because it means supporting this company who blatantly disregards its customers' concerns.
woke up this morning, put on my slippers, walked in the kitchen and died
RazY70
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by RazY70 »

StarfisherEcho wrote:When does the refund window for BF1 close?
https://www.origin.com/irl/en-us/store/ ... -guarantee
Within 7 days after release for pre-orders.
Fanne
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Fanne »

Nothing new on the forum front,only this showed up:
Twitter
i guess forum is filled with what is wanted already - so more :? me is
Th30ne
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Th30ne »

There is a post up on Reddit from (tiggr): https://www.reddit.com/r/battlefield_on ... rovements/

He is replying to some of the post's but this one caught my eye:

Rental servers and HC mode (and other modes like that) is arguable asked for alot - but with this game we stayed really safe feature bloat wise to make sure we had a fantastic launch (and as stable as possible) - this leads to some key features coming a bit later, but that's not a bad thing really - there is lots of support for this game coming still, and many new features you've never seen before as well :).
“‘In town you're the law, out here it's me. Don't push it. Don't push it or I'll give you a war you won't believe.”
Fanne
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Fanne »

there is still soon and soon still is there :silent: welll they sold solide, so go on. next title in the series and btw make it only consoles plz ( so I don't have to spend a thought on it). moticon for salt is missing
For the ones who own it already: is it true you can play with controller and auto aim on PC ?
Bock
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Bock »

Levolution was feature bloat. Network synchronized weather was feature bloat. Holding off on game modes and server options that have been standard to the last few games is either shoddy execution or some attempt at milking undue cash from the game's fans.
BF3C3: DARK - Inf - SFC || BF3C4: STAR - Inf - 1Lt || BF3C5: KART - Armor - Cpt
BF3C6: SCAR - HC - Col || BF4C1: USSR - Mech - Kpt || BF4C2: GOCI - Inf - Lt
BF4C3: TCF - Bronx - Sgt. Maj. || BF4C4: JANUS - Air - Pvt || BF4C5: TA
BF4C6: SAD - Armor - Cpt
jevs

Post by jevs »

Just don't buy it, until it has everything you want :) The alternative would be to delay the release by a few months, even though it has enough to satisfy 95% of players.
matsif
Executive
Executive

Post by matsif »

server rentals are "live."

I have to put that in quotes because of how much is missing from this whole system. waiting for people to get a vid/screenshots of all the options done so I can go over it, but this is a complete farce.

what I am seeing is that you can't manage the server in any way after you complete the purchase. there is quite literally no way whatsoever to do administrate the server in any way after the purchase is complete. which means the game is continuing to be unusable for our purposes.

edit: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7LnGofjpIfk has all of the options at purchase. note the lack of any way to make a private server.
A Docile Sloth
Executive
Executive

Post by A Docile Sloth »

matsif wrote:server rentals are "live."

I have to put that in quotes because of how much is missing from this whole system. waiting for people to get a vid/screenshots of all the options done so I can go over it, but this is a complete farce.

what I am seeing is that you can't manage the server in any way after you complete the purchase. there is quite literally no way whatsoever to do administrate the server in any way after the purchase is complete. which means the game is continuing to be unusable for our purposes.

edit: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7LnGofjpIfk has all of the options at purchase. note the lack of any way to make a private server.
It would be funny, if it weren't so sad...
Jokerle
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Jokerle »

in-game it is labeled 'beta'....we will see what they have planned. From the reddit post linked above it seems they are working on many more feature, also e-sports related. For an esports scene real private servers are a must, so not all hope is lost.

On the bright side, one can rent a server for a day for 3 euros. Maybe we can get an GC event running where we rent a server classic-mode style for some pub play. Just a thought...I actually do not play very much.. :roll:
Wat ne Wuchtbrumme!
matsif
Executive
Executive

Post by matsif »

Jokerle wrote:
in-game it is labeled 'beta'....we will see what they have planned. From the reddit post linked above it seems they are working on many more feature, also e-sports related. For an esports scene real private servers are a must, so not all hope is lost.

On the bright side, one can rent a server for a day for 3 euros. Maybe we can get an GC event running where we rent a server classic-mode style for some pub play. Just a thought...I actually do not play very much.. :roll:
it would be a reasonable idea if you could actually start a round with less than 20 people, and changing any settings takes you out of matchmaking, so if you don't have 20 people that even own the game this won't work. also, there's no way to do an actual "classic" setting because there's no option to force SL-only spawn, among other things.

you should not accept them labeling this as a "beta." it's 2016. we've had something like 7 or 8 BF games on PC with a fully functional server rental system. the game coming out in this state is just as bad as BF4 in a different way and is at best insulting, especially if they considered player ran servers "feature bloat" when they add things like dynamic weather and the pickup kits and behemoths.