So what's going on?

Discuss the campaign and all things BF.

Moderator: Executive

Chxrles

So what's going on?

Post by Chxrles »

Don't know if any of you guys remember me, I only played a couple of campaigns during the heyday of BF3. It was the most fun I've ever had online.

It seems things have quietened down, did BF1 not pick things up again? I never played BF4, what happened to that?
StarfisherEcho
Executive
Executive

Re: So what's going on?

Post by StarfisherEcho »

Dude! Hi!

Dice/EA decided to kill the battlefield community with BF1 by refusing to allow third party server rental. They have their own inhouse thing called Rental Server Program, but it provides almost zero server control and none of the things we need (passwords, private servers, admin control at all, etc)

It remains to be seen if the RSP ever gets improved to the point where BF1 is viable. The only glimmer of hope at this point is that for BF3, we also did not start campaigns until a few months after the release, and our big influx came the March following. So, if RSP magically gets fixed tomorrow, we might be able to have a campaign.

But right now, hopes are low :(
ImageImageImage
haruky
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by haruky »

Hi Charles!!!

Hope you've been well!!
Image[/url]
matsif
Executive
Executive

Post by matsif »

I remember you fellow tanker!

as star said, basically EA decided that because so many people whined in BF4 about not being able to follow server rules, they had to take everything in house in terms of server control and reinvent the wheel, thus deciding to release something that doesn't even have basic controls like kick/ban or server passwords. and they refuse to even address the question on the deeper controls that we need here, like round restarting and at-will map switches, controls that are necessary for us to actually run things in a fair manner around here.

so basically, we're kinda sitting around waiting for either a different title to come around that is usable for our purposes (there aren't many on the horizon) or EA to get its crap together and give us the controls we need to use that game.

we got 6 campaigns out of BF4, only maybe 1 or 2 of which had full teams the majority of the time, because of how much broken and unbalanced stuff was in that game and how many problems the game had in terms of stability and actually functioning. there was also a cross-community campaign where we played 21CW at the end, then we went into a hibernation of sorts and have been there ever since.
woke up this morning, put on my slippers, walked in the kitchen and died
XrunawayX
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by XrunawayX »

Charxles! (never could spell it right)

I always wondered where you went. Despite the problems others have mentioned, BF1 is a pretty fun game. I've got my fingers crossed that the developers ultimately provide the tools we need to run a campaign. If you pick it up look for me on Origin.

Hope all is well!
haruky
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by haruky »

XrunawayX wrote:Charxles! (never could spell it right)

I always wondered where you went. Despite the problems others have mentioned, BF1 is a pretty fun game. I've got my fingers crossed that the developers ultimately provide the tools we need to run a campaign. If you pick it up look for me on Origin.

Hope all is well!
Omg! Runaway!!! Hi!! :wave:
All these oldies coming out of the woodwork!
Image[/url]