Details on the Battlefield V Open Beta

Discuss the campaign and all things BF.

Moderator: Executive

RazY70
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Details on the Battlefield V Open Beta

Post by RazY70 »

Looks like meat's back on the menu boys.

Ready up your Origin account, and prepare for some serious German female VO giving you a hard time (Gonzo is probably used to it already)

PRE-LOAD OF OPEN BETA STARTS
September 3, 1 am PT (10 am CET)

OPEN BETA EARLY ACCESS STARTS (for Di3for3v3r who foolishly pre-ordered)
September 4, 1 am PT (10 am CET)

OPEN BETA AVAILABLE FOR EVERYONE
September 6, 1 am PT (10 am CET)

OPEN BETA ENDS
September 11, 7 am PT (4 pm CET)

https://www.ea.com/games/battlefield/ne ... rly-access

Hopefully the game will not crash and won't suck as much as BF1 did :thumbup:
RazY70
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Re: Details on the Battlefield V Open Beta

Post by RazY70 »

Because it's EA and everything needs to be convoluted and sneaky, to start the pre-load you need to click the "Try it First" button

[Credit]
A Docile Sloth
Executive
Executive

Post by A Docile Sloth »

I downloaded the demo open beta and tried to launch it to see what happened. It complained that I didn't have the 399.7 nVidia driver. I think this is to stop the game being launched as the latest driver is 399.07 but it may be worth updating in case it has a driver requirement. It requires the latest nVidia driver, so 399.07 lets you launch the open beta but you can't play yet. Probably similar for the AMD folk.
RazY70
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by RazY70 »

Well this beta seems to have gathered practically zero interest from the community :thumbup:

As for my experience, when I finally managed after 2 hours of trying to join a game with FalminWalrus and Waxass it was kind of an enjoyable game. Granted a lot of the key game aspects such as female moaning and screaming was absent from the beta but still.
mrBLUE9
Executive
Executive

Post by mrBLUE9 »

RazY70 wrote:Well this beta seems to have gathered practically zero interest from the community :thumbup:
We have discussion going on Discord.
Jokerle
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Jokerle »

I immediately enjoyed it much more than BF1.

What irks me is that tanks dont show on the minimap while shooting. Visually searching the tank somewhere around the house shooting us up is infuriating.
Wat ne Wuchtbrumme!
RazY70
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by RazY70 »

Haven't played vehicles much. Did manage to flip the half-truck into the ravine on Narvik with the passengers panicking out for some reason. I very easily rolled the vehicle back and out of there thanks to DICE physics engine.
Jokerle
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Jokerle »

RazY70 wrote: I very easily rolled the vehicle back and out of there thanks to DICE physics engine.
i think that is actually a feature. Not ruining vehicles by stupid drivers. Had the same happening to me.

Can't say much about vehicle play. Squads can request a tank now? For less points that this V1 airstrike. (button B, i learned)
Two-seater planes are a thing again.
Wat ne Wuchtbrumme!
StarfisherEcho
Executive
Executive

Post by StarfisherEcho »

All I want is server controls :(

Still no evidence of any RSP at all. Saw a "leak" thread on Reddit saying it's not planned until December or January. Sigh.
ImageImageImage
StarfisherEcho
Executive
Executive

Post by StarfisherEcho »

This just got posted to Discord: https://twitter.com/syfCryptiK/status/1 ... 3390154753

Nathan Humphries (@syfCryptiK)
Just so everyone knows, no RSP or Customer servers on launch for @Battlefield V. Most people wouldnt have known this because it was within a 1 hour Deep Dive for 2mins. So yeah be aware and spread the news, utterly unacceptable.

THANKS EA
ImageImageImage
Ash2Dust
Executive
Executive

Post by Ash2Dust »

I've been pulled in this Beta.

As far as server control, sucks what the official word is.
RazY70
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by RazY70 »

StarfisherEcho wrote:This just got posted to Discord: https://twitter.com/syfCryptiK/status/1 ... 3390154753

Nathan Humphries (@syfCryptiK)
Just so everyone knows, no RSP or Customer servers on launch for @Battlefield V. Most people wouldnt have known this because it was within a 1 hour Deep Dive for 2mins. So yeah be aware and spread the news, utterly unacceptable.

THANKS EA
Brilliant! This is really mind boggling. It's like they have a dedicated guy hired to seek out the shitiest decisions and make sure they repeat them or make them worse. The sad thing, for me at least, is that people just accept it.
StarfisherEcho
Executive
Executive

Post by StarfisherEcho »

The frightening thing isn't so much that they won't have it on launch - BF4 didn't have servers at launch either - it's the total lack of communication about what, if anything, they will EVER do about it. AFEAWFAEWF

For BF4, at launch, we knew who was going to have servers. I found some stuff in my post history about screwing with servers in November, so that means that a month or less after launch they were purchasable. Procon worked, so we knew more or less how much server control we were going to have (although they removed some from BF3).

BFV we know... nothing.

I really WANT this game to work, but hopes and dreams don't mean squat after BF1.
ImageImageImage
Gwynzer
Executive
Executive

Post by Gwynzer »

I have really quite enjoyed the BFV beta. I prefer playing with friends than solo (as always) but still got a wee bit of enjoyment out of the game. I'm not sure at the moment if I'll buy.

The core gameplay loop is satisfying and fun. All the stuff surrounding the game itself (UI, upgrade system, UI, weapon customisation, UI) is godawful though. The maps don't really inspire me, but I was never a fan of Caspian (BF3) or Shanghai (BF4), or the BF1 beta maps. Maybe I just have different preferences. Rotterdam has it's elements, and I can't even remember the other ones name. At the same time, on both of them I've found myself primarily fighting in the same areas so perhaps they have more to offer if I moved around more. The new commorose is laggy and terrible. They've never been able to do a commorose right since BF2/2142 and I don't understand why they find it so hard.

I like the low ammo count and the tactical decisions you have to make every combat due to it. I feel like it's not clear enough to medics or support that the people around you need your bits. The upgraded deployable medic and support boxes are nice, but I think I'd prefer the older BF style where they passively rearm around you rather than having to interact personally but that's no biggy. I do not understand why only medic start with a personal medkit. I like how squadmates can revive each other regardless of class, but I hate the revive animation especially when playing medic (give me back defibs/syringes). Anything that forces an animation that removes camera and character control is bad, especially when you're trying to revive in a hot zone. It perhaps wouldn't be so bad if you have the ability to drag people to safety before you revived them. I dislike how random it feels as to if you (or an ally when medic) will be reviveable or not and how long it takes the death animations to run through so the person actually becomes reviveable. I also find it annoying how long you can sometimes be holding the give up button until you finally die. Sometimes if feels like I'm only reviveable for seconds when holding onto life, and others it feels like I'm waiting forever for my guy to die when giving up.

I quite enjoy the tank gameplay a lot. I dislike how you select, upgrade, and enter them (especially at the start of the round, if you want anything other than the first tank in the list you've got no chance of spawning it first), but I found playing around in them super satisfying. I like how you can't just sit on the front lines for ages because you have to go back and rearm ammo at some point. It's interesting working with your team to make sure your mid-map resupply points are still going. The squad-tanks are also both super interesting even though they are really different.

I don't understand the role of air in this game. Due to the terrible handling and camera you have no idea where bombs are going to land and it takes so long to rearm it's not worth it. If your bomber plane has more than 1 bomb it means you have to do two passes of your resupply point. Given how slow the big bombers turn it takes forever to do that second pass and head back into the action (especially as the zones are generally so close to the map border you can't just fly straight through and have your second pass be back into the fight). If they went for landing on runways instead that would be nicer. Because the ridiculously slow amount of time it takes to rearm and get back into the fight, it's super hard to even learn how to bomb.
Fanne
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Fanne »

like expected, I am disapointed.
Ea failed to pick up lost customers with the ww2 theme , no big scale battles with Tanks / planes (battleships). Feels a bit to console from the menue.
Ingame coins. Change attachments in main menue. 30 weapons ? No servers....
ok it is beta but I am not expecting anything else than more BS, I am off this one and guess any future EA Dice crap too.
fun fakt: first round I got the revive bug (felt like BF3, if I remember correctly)

edit
and I do not like the ingame chatter who is coded into . " nice one you got promoted" or simular ones, who tf will comment durin a fire fight... and for comunity play they will anoy me if someone gives orders at the same time.
We now know "It's not ment to be played by comunitys !"