Battlefield V - early access

Discuss the campaign and all things BF.

Moderator: Executive

haruky
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Battlefield V - early access

Post by haruky »

Boys. I'm sure by now some of you have had a chance to play this game thru EAs subscription service. I actually subscribed to Origin Basic to demo the game and play some other ones while I was at it.

I have come to the realization that BF has lost me. I'm not sure if it's just me but the game feels so incredibly fast paced that it feels like a complete run and gun than ever before.

I was so excited to see WWII done in the new Frostbite Engine - yet I am left with only disappointment. Perhaps I need to play this with a proper set up in GC, but from the looks of it, there aren't any options for private servers to do what we did in previous BFs.

I'd love to know what you all think of Bfv thus far. Miss you guys.
Image[/url]
RazY70
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Re: Battlefield V - early access

Post by RazY70 »

The irony is that now with 3d spotting partially removed I see people bitching about how slow and boring the game is and that everyone is camping.

I haven't bought the game and I'm not sure I will for the time being. Content seems to be sparse and DICE's design choices leave a lot to be desired. They're once again they're keeping a tight lid over RSP and I don't know if it's even on the road map. I found DICE's response on the subject quite outrageous.
Fanne
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Fanne »

....DICE's response on the subject
Spoiler: show
phpBB [video]

wiered times we live in ... :thumbdown:
Calloutman
Executive
Executive

Post by Calloutman »

I thought it was okay actually. The lack of 3D spotting rewards a more cautious gameplay style, but I don't think people have cottoned onto that yet, and are still rushing about. You can get very good results by slowing down your gameplay. I only played the beta, so things might have changed, but I thought the pacing was fine.
BF3 || C2 Lead Operative || C3 Brigadier General || C4 Major General || C5 Private First Class || C6 General
BF4 || C1 TA || C2 TA || C3 TA || C4 Serviceman || C5 Duke
LoA
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by LoA »

Been playing for a week now and thought I should check this glorious place out and see if it's still alive. Read a few posts and glad to see so many recognizable names still active in this community. :wave:

I think it's a pretty damn good Battlefield. The movement and gunplay is definitely faster than previous titles, but the overall pace is slower. It would suit organized play well. I think there's a lot of potential there.

Probably need to let the game grow a bit from release and see how popular it becomes. If it becomes as popular as BF3 once was during that reddit rush I think we'd have no issues with getting people who are willing to play. And hopefully we can actually get servers with proper settings and tools...
Gonzo
Executive
Executive

Post by Gonzo »

While I certainly don't like every aspect of the game, I think it plays well enough for us to use, provided we get servers and the controls we need. That's my biggest concern by far.

I had some really fun rounds and a couple of awful ones. Some maps seemed fine, some terrible. Honestly, right now that's good enough for me. I need my GC fix and this game is by far the best chance to get it.
haruky wrote: I have come to the realization that BF has lost me. I'm not sure if it's just me but the game feels so incredibly fast paced that it feels like a complete run and gun than ever before.
I'm sad to hear that. I do hope you give it another try once we can play it with GC. I'd love to play with all of you guys again. You know how long it's been since I heard Razy complain about LoA killing us all the fraking time? I need that back in my life :lol:

Remember how crap BF3 was when it came out? Broken guns, blinding sun and suppression out the ass? BF5 is not worse than that. At least it doesn't have underslungs that do 1200 damage.
StarfisherEcho
Executive
Executive

Post by StarfisherEcho »

If we get servers, I'll buy the game and play some :D

But if not... ugh.

This and Doom Eternal might be the excuse I need to upgrade the ol' GTX 770.
ImageImageImage
Calloutman
Executive
Executive

Post by Calloutman »

Just played a bunch. It plays very well I think from an infantry perspective. The time to kill is quite short, which means that given the maps are quite large and getting about takes time, it's essential to play cautiously.
Also, given any class player can revive members of their squad, it massively encourages squad play. A squad can afford not to run two medics now if they don't want to. Overall, I'm having a good time with it.
BF3 || C2 Lead Operative || C3 Brigadier General || C4 Major General || C5 Private First Class || C6 General
BF4 || C1 TA || C2 TA || C3 TA || C4 Serviceman || C5 Duke
Digz
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Digz »

I just got to play a bit a(thanks to Gwynzer), it feels very...how console multiplayer game would feel?
I get 60 ping and yet the orange latency symbols do appear sometimes and when I kill it feel longer than the 1 frame to death screen when I get killed. look and feels gameplay and gun wize very BF1ish like reskin.

I doubt GC could get going again if the server controls again will not be in the first year of the game or at all. since BF1942 Dice is putting out battlefield games in 2 year or close usually.

Discord is the future and current guys, if you want to make things happen or play with GC, join it. we're too late to update ourselves anyways. some of the guys that got BFV are there too, so if you're looking for them this is an example how this thread actually works too slow right now.