EA's BF2 Spotlight (volunteer needed)

Discuss the campaign and all things BF.

Moderator: Executive

gribble

EA's BF2 Spotlight (volunteer needed)

Post by gribble »

Here is our chance to attract even more people, so I think it might be nice to a have one to step forward and write something or post something here that someone else might think about when he writhes something :)

soo.. any volunteers ???
BF2 Spotlight wrote: Get Your Site or MOD Showcased

Is your Battlefield 2 (BF2) Fan or Clan Web site worthy of being featured on the official BF2 site? What about your upcoming BF2 MOD? Are you eager to show the world what BF2 MOD you're working on? Then prove it by showing the BF2 community that your site or MOD isn't just shrapnel.

Applying for official recognition is simple. Read over the Clan Site, Fan Site and MOD Showcase Requirements below and make sure that your site lives up to the listed requirements. Sites that do not live up to all listed requirements will be dishonorably discharged.

Before sending in that email, here are a couple of tips to get you onto the battlefield.

* We like flashy sites with lots of content.
* We like sites that are updated everyday (or at least a couple times a week).
* We like sites with lots of creativity and community.

Clan Site Showcase Requirements:

* Your Clan site must be fully functional. Sites with broken links or under construction signs will not be featured.
* Your Clan site must be BF2 specific. Clan sites for other games will NOT be featured.
* Your Clan must be active with a minimum of 6 active members.

If your Clan Site meets these requirements, send us an email (battlefield1942@ea.com?subject=Featured BF2 Clan Site) with your site URL. If your site qualifies, we'll send you an email to congratulate you along with a brief bio questionnaire so that we can learn more about you and your Clan's efforts.

Fan Site Showcase Requirements:

* Your Fan site must be fully functional. Sites with broken links or under construction signs will NOT be featured.
* Your Fan site must be BF2 specific. Fan sites for other games will NOT be featured.

If your Fan Site meets these requirements, send us an email (battlefield1942@ea.com?subject=Featured BF2 Fan Site) with your site URL. If your site qualifies, we'll send you an email to congratulate you along with a brief bio questionnaire so that we can learn more about you and your efforts.
Shrapnel
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Shrapnel »

I think anyone and everyone should email them...I already did.

You don't have to put togather a 10 page report on why GC rocks, just a link and a short description. If they like the site then they'll send a follow-up questionaire and that's when you provide more info. I think the more people that email them the more likely they are to select the site.
[sig]Broken due to link being older than I am (in internet years at least) and laziness[/sig]
Cheesy
Executive
Executive

Post by Cheesy »

If that actually ends up on the next community update we'll have truckloads of new members 8O
EliteSoldier0

Post by EliteSoldier0 »

don't get to much new members :!: :!: :!:
there will be so much members that most people won't be able to play on battledays because the server is full
Or the admins will have to get more servers

Peace,
EliteSoldier0
sushi
Executive
Executive

Post by sushi »

already mailed some months ago 8)
Windrider687

Post by Windrider687 »

That would be sweet to be packing like ten thousand people...man what would we do with all of the people lol.
You'd better hope you're faster than the wind...for I am what drives the bullet into your skull unaware.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Fanne
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Fanne »

what happens to the forum with that number :twisted: :lol:
Winter_Lion

Post by Winter_Lion »

excert from Gribbles news item wrote:Then prove it by showing the BF2 community that your site or MOD isn't just shrapnel.
How in the heck did they hear about Srapnel? :P

If we are serious about this, and I assume that we are, it would be a good idea for everyone submitting something to post a copy here in this thread.

That way everyone is on the same page and we avoid ticking them off with claims or promises we can't keep as well as avoiding rose colored glasses effect.

What do you think?

btw: Hard as it might be to accept, a tournament site can never have too many active members. It just requires increasing the resources available to us to support them. More servers if needed, bigger forum staff, ect.

Ask any of us that have seen it when we didn't have enough troopers to make leasing even one battleserver worth the effort. With too many you just have to come up with more money and volunteers. With too few, you close the doors and play somewhere else with someone's elses army.

Winter :D
ImageImage
speed_demon

Post by speed_demon »

Maybe this could be an assignment for our Recruiting officers...Not much going on in that department right now...this would be perfect.

*Hint* Cheesy *Hint*
GC BF1942:
5A|2|Pfc|*
6A|M|Capt.
7R|1|Sgt.*

@8-Maj.
GC BF2:
C1: US|SF|Lt.
C2: 3E*PVT
C7: BA*CPL
C8: ]C[Csm
C9: Neutral
Shrapnel
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Shrapnel »

=GC=Winter_Lion wrote:How in the heck did they hear about Shrapnel? :P
lol, I don't know but apparently I'm pretty popular among the Moding community.
[sig]Broken due to link being older than I am (in internet years at least) and laziness[/sig]
Windrider687

Post by Windrider687 »

I'll work on some type of letter...don't know how sappy it has to be to get acceptted, guess that means more people to take money for our Hawaiian super beach party sponsored by Hugh Hefner... great and noble cause of futhering the BF2 Community...yeah...that's it.
You'd better hope you're faster than the wind...for I am what drives the bullet into your skull unaware.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Winter_Lion

Post by Winter_Lion »

Kudos to everyone that sent in an email and or are working on same.

I sat down this afternoon and wrote out a very comprehensive description and history of our site and sent it along to EA games. If they choose not to consider us for their showcase after that letter, than we never stood a chance anyways.

So, if I hear anything, good or not so good, you all will be the first to know mates.

Winter Lion :D
ImageImage
Ikon_Zero

Post by Ikon_Zero »

Dam I sent one in too, well the more the merrier. 8)
Winter_Lion

Post by Winter_Lion »

Ikon_Zero wrote:Dam I sent one in too, well the more the merrier. 8)
You got that right, Ikon. Thanks for giving a rats arse, buddy!

Winter :D
ImageImage
DaGrooved1

Post by DaGrooved1 »

I sent one aswell :P