BF2 mod tools (beta) released

Discuss the campaign and all things BF.

Moderator: Executive

deathbot9000

BF2 mod tools (beta) released

Post by deathbot9000 »

http://www.eagames.com/official/battlef ... mod_editor
EA and DICE are pleased to announce that today, after two weeks of Closed Beta testing, we are releasing the first public version of the Battlefield 2 editor! Over the last couple of days you've probably seen some of the outstanding work that the Closed Beta teams have created using the tools, and now we're giving everyone else the chance to join the fun. Keep in mind that we are considering this release "Beta" software, so it’s still a little rough around the edges, though we’ve worked out many of the kinks. Also, though most core functionality is editable as of this release, there are several more advanced areas of the tools that are still being worked on. One example of of a tool to be delivered in a future update is the Single Player Editor.
ftp://largedownloads.ea.com/pub/misc/bf ... _aug02.exe
DaGrooved1

Post by DaGrooved1 »

finally ill be able to finish my map!
Brenil

Post by Brenil »

I've looked over it. Very nice tool indeed, it appears to be a combination of the BF42 map editor and the Mod development kit from BF1942. Seems alot more complex though, it'll take awhile to get the hang of it.
gribble

Post by gribble »

let`s see what they do with their promise..
In the days ahead we will be announcing the Official Battlefield 2 Mods home page, which I will be very proud to make my "home". Our intent for this page is to make it "the" place for mod teams and mappers and community members to gather and exchange help, problem reports and feature requests regarding all facets of BF2 Editing. The site will also host the BF2 Editor manual, my editing tutorials, and a repository for community editing guides. We are also excited to be able to offer a variety of forums for new or established modders, mod team showcases and support. The site will also stand as a centralized source for downloading mods and maps as they are presented to the community. I'll be providing more information on this as we get closer to launch. For now, I invite everyone to join in the temporary forums we started for closed-beta testing. These will be maintained until the official site is up. There are a lot of great guys there that would be happy to share their experiences with you and get you going. To join, just go to forums and register.
DaGrooved1

Post by DaGrooved1 »

Well, I've already made my first map, just a simple small mountain, beach kinda map thing, but right now im going to make a big ol just water and a bunch of carrier's map for maybe a little china versus USA air carrier action! Then maybe a race track.
Fire

Post by Fire »

gonna take u months bro.
ImageImageImageImage
@2-Schtz.FireStorm
3A|UDT|CPO.FireStorm
4A|Pfc.FireStorm|M*
5A|Maj.FireStorm
@6-Maj.FireStorm
@7-Oberst.FireStorm

Brenil

Post by Brenil »

Fire wrote:gonna take u months bro.
Good maps take months, crappy ones take hours.
DaGrooved1

Post by DaGrooved1 »

Well, I guess mines crappy then, scrapped my first one, now I got one with 3 small islands, 1 main island, and I'm going to add some carriers, just finished the landscapping and texturing, now its on to the level editor!
Rickey

Post by Rickey »

I'm impatiently waiting for the first "Battle for Fallujah" or "Battle for Baghdad" maps... (hint, hint!) :wink:
gribble

Post by gribble »

and btw, there are also ModTutorials available

ftp://largedownloads.ea.com/pub/misc/bf ... orials.zip

and
MOD Light Map Samples (710MB) wrote: For those of you wanting to generate lightmaps for maps using the retail version of Battlefield 2 objects, you will need the LightmapSamples.zip file (provided here). Just unzip and read the ReadMe contained inside for placement instructions. Note: this file is 700MB in size and you do not need it for anything other than generating shadows on the retail version of Battlefield 2 objects. Even without this file, you will still get terrain shadows from all objects in your scene.
ftp://largedownloads.ea.com/pub/misc/li ... amples.zip
Shrapnel
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Shrapnel »

I tried playing with it a bit. Ran really slow on my comp, frustratingly slow. I'll wait till the full version comes out and hopefully it'll bit a bit less buggy and run smoother.
[sig]Broken due to link being older than I am (in internet years at least) and laziness[/sig]
speed_demon

Post by speed_demon »

I'd like to say that it's not n00b friendly :P .
GC BF1942:
5A|2|Pfc|*
6A|M|Capt.
7R|1|Sgt.*

@8-Maj.
GC BF2:
C1: US|SF|Lt.
C2: 3E*PVT
C7: BA*CPL
C8: ]C[Csm
C9: Neutral
DaGrooved1

Post by DaGrooved1 »

What?! I've already made 3 test maps, and am almost finished 1 final map, which in my opinion looks very professional, I've already assembled two carriers, created 3 CP and 2 Non CP, plenty of spawn and object spawn points! It's like corel sea in bf2!
Smacklug

Post by Smacklug »

I want my hot hot hot carrier-on-carrier action! :evil:
Loki-009

Post by Loki-009 »

I want a strip club shootout map damnit, two armies enter one army leaves with intense R&R action! alright that's it im working on this map.. and maybe the spec-ops models will be replaced by assassin monkey models, oh yeah you are looking at the future of Battlefield 2.