Black Bag Operations funding drive

Discuss the campaign and all things BF.

Moderator: Executive

god7399

Black Bag Operations funding drive

Post by god7399 »

This is a letter to inform the BF2 Community that we have started a funding drive for a Black Bag Operations server manager for BF2.

Kevin Lockitt Has agreed to make bbo for bf2 if we can raise enough money to cover his expenses to undertake such a project.

Here is his quote

"A BBO game server management tools license goes for US$7500. If you can raise this kind of money then I'll make one for BF2. Good luck gentlemen."

"I'm deadly serious. If someone is willing to put up the dosh and sign a licensing contract then I'm willing to make one."

"I'm not going to take any part in this effort, you guys need to coordinate amongst yourselves. This opportunity will require somebody from the community to come forward and champion this cause to make it happen.

I am prepared to enter a contractual arrangement with this person to make a toolset but how you go about raising money, collecting it, holding it, or anything else involved with this is entirely your concern.

It's not an easy task but it is definitely in the realms possibility.

Kevlar is standing by."

Which can be found here: http://www.blackbagops.com/forums/battl ... c&start=75

Our goal is $7500 USD which is alot. but I honestly beleive it can be done in this community and anyone who has worked with bf2cc knows how badly we need a BBO manager.

At this link you can see my entire post about getting it started and how serious I am. http://www.blackbagops.com/forums/battl ... 3&start=90

I now leave this in the hands of you guys, if we all work together and chip in it will work.

The paypal link is bbofund@gmail.com everything contributed to this paypal goes towards the bbo manager fund, I will not be profiting from this and once we acheive our goal anything left over will be donated to BBO for his efforts.

In the event that we fail to meet our goal your money will be sent back to you thru your contributing paypal account.

In the forum post above I have also given my address and phone number for anyone wishing to send a check/money order to the fund.

We should have a webpage with a Donate "O" Meter very soon if anyone can help set this up it would be greatly appreciated. Contact me at god7399@yahoo.ca

any questions comments please go here: http://www.blackbagops.com/forums/battl ... 3&start=90

or email me.

Jerry "WMB|god7399" White
Evilash

Post by Evilash »

Uhm....spam? :roll:
Night_S

Post by Night_S »

Evilash wrote:Uhm....spam? :roll:
Not really.

BBO was best manager out there. Not sure about BF2 managers at the time, but I'm sure Kevlar can make piece of art if he gets money.
ImageImage
EliteSoldier0

Post by EliteSoldier0 »

Didn't continue reading after four sentences :)
----- Campaign 2 [EC] -----
Image Image Image Image Image Image
----- Campaign 1 [US] -----
Click on image for stats.
ph1l0r
Executive
Executive

Post by ph1l0r »

For bf2 there is http://www.BF2CC.com it works but... the gui is extremly bad. I did some software development in my studies too and know that coders couldn't care less about usability etc but this is just too bad. Another point that annoys me is that the server daemon is written in C#/.NET. Nothing against the language and the .NET Framework itself but it's just not (yet) a wise choice if it is supposed to run on Linux. Getting the daemon to work with mono was a pain the ass and required a special build from the bf2cc guys. They broke some basic stuff moving from one minor version to next... At least they reacted quickly.

If a BBO daemon/windows client combo would be significantly better than the bf2cc package with modmanger scripts i could imagine buying a (reasonable priced) license too.
just call me phil on ts, ingame, wherever. i'll even respond to phil in real life. wooohooo!
Cheesy
Executive
Executive

Post by Cheesy »

Interesting, but not worth it IMO. Rcon has always been enough for me :?
ph1l0r
Executive
Executive

Post by ph1l0r »

start/stop/restart server is not possible with rcon. + there are some settings that require a restart. changing player size for instance. since the bf2 dedicated is one hell of a stable server a interface to start/stop/restart is already a good thing.
just call me phil on ts, ingame, wherever. i'll even respond to phil in real life. wooohooo!