Battlefield: Apocalypse Skeleton/Blood Mini-Mod

Discuss the campaign and all things BF.

Moderator: Executive

gribble

Battlefield: Apocalypse Skeleton/Blood Mini-Mod

Post by gribble »

Battlefield: Apocalypse Skeleton/Blood Mini-Mod News
For a while now, our team had been working on getting some new custom soldiers in game, and from the start, we chose to use our skeleton static object as the soldier model for our testing purposes. No sooner did we finish this task, that a tutorial on how to get custom soldiers in game materialized. Thanks, but a little late. We had also been working on a blood patch at the time as well. Custom soldiers and blood will both make an appearance in Battlefield: Apocalypse, so this little project will ultimately impact our total conversion directly. The soldiers aren't perfect and are pretty low res, and the blood is only our first attempt. Our blood technique will be refined moving forward and higher res soldier models will be used before both going into BF:A.

Also, in our latest Modder's Journal entry, Juralis reveals some of his thoughts on the vehicle design of the Apocalypse.

Our weapons are nearly finished, many more statics have been ported over from our BFV version of the mod, and some new vehicle concepts are on the way. All in all, things have been very busy behind the scenes of the Apocalypse, and we haven't had much time for our fans.

So, as a way of saying, "Thanks for hangin' in there!", we offer you guys our BFA Skelly/Blood Patch Mini Mod (32.5 MB). It runs the BF2 maps in both multi-player and single-player. Each army's bones are slightly different in color so that you can tell who belongs to which army. It's a RAR file, so you will need WinRAR to open it. Just extract the contents to your EA GAMES/Battlefield 2/mods folder. There's also a convenient Mod Quick Launch icon in the Skelly Mod's main folder for starting the mod directly.

Enjoy!

Click on the picture below to see more screenshots, download the BFA Skelly/Blood Patch Mini-Mod, and read the new Modder's Journal entry.
DOWNLOAD THE SKELLY/BLOOD 0.1 MINI-MOD HERE (32.5 MB)
tvuk

Post by tvuk »

Wait, a skeleton mod with a blood mod? What kind of skeletons are we talking about here? The only ones I know of have no blood...
C1: @x1-tvuk|ObLt.GR_______C2: @2-Hptm.tvuk|GT
C3: @3-Gen.tvuk___________C4: @4-SCA.tvuk
C5: 5A|1|Pfc|tvuk*|AR
Mat-Moo
Executive
Executive

Post by Mat-Moo »

tvuk wrote:Wait, a skeleton mod with a blood mod? What kind of skeletons are we talking about here? The only ones I know of have no blood...
Glad I wasn't the only one to think that was odd!
## # /\/\at-/\/\oo # ## (AKA Mat-d-Rat)
My software
Free reminders by email
Fanne
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Fanne »

One day we'll have human-zombie campagne ( HZ C1 ),
blood limeted to humans ofcorse...
Ash2Dust
Executive
Executive

Post by Ash2Dust »

I find it odd the skeletons can even move without muscles.