Battlelauncher 1.2.0

Discuss the campaign and all things BF.

Moderator: Executive

gribble

Battlelauncher 1.2.0

Post by gribble »

http://battlelauncher.com/
That's right, I am finally finished with the program. I have been sitting at the computer more or less 10 hours straight trying to sort out bugs, make some last-minute changes and testing it with various people. A special thanks to NeoRicen for helping out with user interface suggestions and also bbob for helping me with some final tests 7 in the morning with a hangover.

I am amazed that BattleLauncher v1.1.2 has been downloaded more than 1000 times from this site (It's probably hotlinked but it still counts :P ) and want to thank everyone who have helped out with the project so far in various ways, ranging from art for the website and program to suggestions and endless beta tests.

Well, let's keep it short this time, eh? Check the download section for a download link or download it directly from the download panel to the left.

REQUIREMENTS
* Windows XP is highly recommended, it may not work on previous Windows versions.
* MSXML 4, comes with Internet Explorer 5 or higher. You should have this installed due to normal Windows updates, like the Internet Explorer 6 updates as well as Service Pack 2.
* Battlefield 2. Do I hear a "d'uh" from you? Well, BattleLauncher will not run if it doesn't find Battlefield 2 - may be good to know.

WHAT'S NEXT?
First, I'm going out tonight and have a strong drink - then continue the development of BattleLauncher v1.2.1 after a break. I will of course make patches for the program if someone would find critical errors, mistakes and bugs.

WARNING
This version of BattleLauncher introduces edits to the GameLogicInit.con - A file that must not be altered or Punkbuster will not allow you to join servers. BattleLauncher has a backup function, so make sure to restore your backups before joining servers online.

INSTALL
It is NOT recommended that you install BattleLauncher v1.2 "on top" of an older install. Either delete your old BattleLauncher folder or just install this version to another folder. This version will attempt to install to your Program Files folder instead of your Battlefield 2 folder, so there shouldn't be any problems.