Armoured Fury Booster Pack available on EA Downloader

Discuss the campaign and all things BF.

Moderator: Executive

I want it!

Poll ended at Tue Jun 13, 2006 11:50 am

now! downloading already
28%
we'll see what people say. I might buy it.
33%
you kidding me? no way i spend 10 bucks on this one!
38%

Total votes: 39

ph1l0r
Executive
Executive

Armoured Fury Booster Pack available on EA Downloader

Post by ph1l0r »

Just in case the Booster packs screws something up _DO NOT_ install it before todays Black Ops battles in case you want to make sure you able to play.
just call me phil on ts, ingame, wherever. i'll even respond to phil in real life. wooohooo!
Goggles
Executive
Executive

Post by Goggles »

I'm getting it. I know people want to deter me because of EA's bullpoop service 'n such, but =DDS= has mentioned it's quite a fun addition and I trust their opinion :)

Euro Forces was worth the $10, it saddens me that we don't play it (but I understand that not everyone has the budget to add every single addition EA throws up). Great Wall 32 would be so much fun, though :wink:
Hi!
ph1l0r
Executive
Executive

Post by ph1l0r »

hehe. it's available for download but you can't install it. countdown says "install in 31h".

10 bucks are money but not too much. 3,33 per map is okay (as long as the custom can't compete with the ea/dice made maps). I'd love to see the Euro Forces and/or Armoured Fury maps beeing added too but lets play Special Forces first. It has so much potential we didn't exploit for us yet.
just call me phil on ts, ingame, wherever. i'll even respond to phil in real life. wooohooo!
Dogma75

Re: Armoured Fury Booster Pack available on EA Downloader

Post by Dogma75 »

ph1l0r wrote:Just in case the Booster packs screws something up _DO NOT_ install it before todays Black Ops battles in case you want to make sure you able to play.
no way ithat i buy the new one....was so disappointed by sf. it was not worth the 30 bucks i spent on it....
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"
sig made by Rob / thx bro
Charger

Post by Charger »

Damn, with a map setting of "the rolling hills of Pennsylvania", I hafta see if maybe my house is in it. :) I always wondered what it might be like fighting in my own backyard. (No offense to my Croat/Slav Brothers, who already know)
Then again, with all the open strip-mining pits around here, to see it from above would look like the aftermath of a Kampion Bombing Run!
DaGrooved1

Post by DaGrooved1 »

I think we should choose a good community mod or maybe even make our own and stick with that, the less money our members have to spend on official expansions by EA (which arn't that great anyway) the more money they have to spend on GC and the less time they have to spend in the waiting room.
madcow
Executive
Executive

Post by madcow »

DaGrooved1 wrote:I think we should choose a good community mod or maybe even make our own and stick with that, the less money our members have to spend on official expansions by EA (which arn't that great anyway) the more money they have to spend on GC and the less time they have to spend in the waiting room.
Yes! But you have to bring back that awesome GC music which was used on the main menu and loading screen.
Clicky to become a Voteable member.

“…so realistic, it'll have you picking shrapnel out of your backside.”
ColonelHogan

Post by ColonelHogan »

I'd feel like a dick if I didn't defend my house...
Yob

Post by Yob »

"Rolling Hills of Pennsylvania" = Curious

From the screenies it looks like they changed the numbers of the highways. I'm guessing the map is Harrisburg/Hershey/Lancaster area.
Stonie
Executive
Executive

Post by Stonie »

Waiting for the booster disk
Including
:arrow: Euro forces
:arrow: Armored fury
:arrow: Rage over Egypte (incl. Israelian forces)

Coming out this fall.
DevilDog

Post by DevilDog »

I will say guys I was disappointed with EF and I expected to be disapointed with AF but I wasnt. I absolutely LOVED IT!!!

We made a second trailer Showing a little bit of the different maps and stuff. Here is the link it is Official trailer 2. This will show you a little more then the first one did.

http://www.gamespot.com/pc/action/battl ... ay=6152361
C5 Operation X:Image

C4 Terminators HC: Image
C3: S.T.A.G./ Captain Image
C2:Marines/ Staff Seargent Image
tiberian_rebel

Post by tiberian_rebel »

PrivatStonie wrote: :arrow: Rage over Egypte (incl. Israelian forces)

Coming out this fall.
Will this be available for download? Cuz if it isn't, then I'm not downloading Armored Fury.
"It is only one who is thoroughly acquainted with the evils of war that can thoroughly understand the profitable way of carrying it on." -Sun Tzu
Stonie
Executive
Executive

Post by Stonie »

PrivatStonie wrote:Waiting for the booster disk
:arrow: Rage over Egypte (incl. Israelian forces)
It was just a little sarcasme from me. :P

But I wrather have an expansiondisk , than the booster downloads.

What if my HD breaks??
I feel so much safer with a disk.
ph1l0r
Executive
Executive

Post by ph1l0r »

I have reinstalled now like a dozen times and it was never a problem. Downloads only will become more standard i bet in future as it is the cheapest way to distribute software.
PeterJennings

Post by PeterJennings »

yeah the purchase of the download gets stored to your Battlefield account, not your hard drive. And phil's right, we are only going to see more downloading in the future. A game selling for $50 as a disc only earns the game makers $25 or so. They can sell it as a download for $40 and earn all $40 for themselves, pretty good if you ask me.