BF2 1918

Discuss the campaign and all things BF.

Moderator: Executive

StarLord

BF2 1918

Post by StarLord »

http://www.battlefield1918.de/news/

Here's a mod for BF2 (Was available on BF42) to bring you back in World War One. It's not done yet, but you have a demo available here :

http://www.battlefield1918.de/media/5832/view/

It's named Airshow, because it's mainly to show the aircraft in-game :P It's quite fun, we should try it on GC event, and do a big air war with old Sopwith Camel and Fokker Triplane :P
"There is nothing more exhilarating than to be shot at without result."
-Winston Churchill
tiberian_rebel

Post by tiberian_rebel »

I'd be up for some dogfighting. Perhaps a competition to see who is the Red Baron among us. :P
"It is only one who is thoroughly acquainted with the evils of war that can thoroughly understand the profitable way of carrying it on." -Sun Tzu
StarLord

Post by StarLord »

Yep, and you have the possibility to fly his Red Triplane ;)
"There is nothing more exhilarating than to be shot at without result."
-Winston Churchill
Colts

Post by Colts »

yeah that mod was much fun in bf42 :D
Winter_Lion

Post by Winter_Lion »

tiberian_rebel wrote:I'd be up for some dogfighting. Perhaps a competition to see who is the Red Baron among us. :P
And who is "Snoopy"? I think we have a flying doghouse down in the archives storage area. lol.

The blimps were very cool on BF42 version of BF1918. I would dl it again.
Star Lord wrote:yep, and you have the possibility to fly his Red Triplane Wink
I am building a quarter scale radio control fokker tri-plane right now. Ten foot wingspan, 24 pounds, gasoline engine, scale machine guns and tires, even all the rigging between wings.

Building three scale wings out of balsa, pine, plywood and covering them with fabric is one boatload of work though. I have to keep making myself go back to the shop and work on em. Wings are the toughest and the most tedious!

I built a Sopwith Pup the same size and features first and they should be awesome as a set.

Winter :D
ImageImage
tiberian_rebel

Post by tiberian_rebel »

Winter_Lion wrote: I am building a quarter scale radio control fokker tri-plane right now. Ten foot wingspan, 24 pounds, gasoline engine, scale machine guns and tires, even all the rigging between wings.

Building three scale wings out of balsa, pine, plywood and covering them with fabric is one boatload of work though. I have to keep making myself go back to the shop and work on em. Wings are the toughest and the most tedious!

I built a Sopwith Pup the same size and features first and they should be awesome as a set.
I never thought I would find another model builder here. :lol:
"It is only one who is thoroughly acquainted with the evils of war that can thoroughly understand the profitable way of carrying it on." -Sun Tzu