Diablo III

Arrange pub meets and gathers, discuss your favorite games.

Moderator: Executive

LCourage
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Diablo III

Post by LCourage »

If anyone else is playing and wants to add me my battlenet ID is Lcourage#1378
Tunnel Snakes rule!
foresTmaX

Re: Diablo III

Post by foresTmaX »

Gauss#2840
;)

edit: i think you can play the chars only in 1 region. so if i wanted to play with us guys, i'd have to create a special char for that, am i right? i'm gonna play in EU
bigdcowboys22
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by bigdcowboys22 »

But it doesn't come out until tomorrow???

BigDCowboys#1190

You can expect me to be on as soon as I get home from work tomorrow!

Edit: Updated with correct ID. Stupid numbers at the end
Last edited by bigdcowboys22 on Mon May 14, 2012 5:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Setting a goal is not the main thing. It is deciding how you will go about achieving it and staying with that plan.

Leadership is getting someone to do what they don't want to do, to achieve what they want to achieve.
Ash2Dust
Executive
Executive

Post by Ash2Dust »

I really want to play this after being a fan of old school Diablo and Diablo II. I played the beta for Diablo III several times over the last few months and I'm just not feeling the replay longevity of this latest incarnation. I get the "did it done it years ago" feeling overall. Someone, please convince me that it would be a sin not to continue the Diablo series.
bigdcowboys22
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by bigdcowboys22 »

Ash2Dust wrote:I really want to play this after being a fan of old school Diablo and Diablo II. I played the beta for Diablo III several times over the last few months and I'm just not feeling the replay longevity of this latest incarnation. I get the "did it done it years ago" feeling overall. Someone, please convince me that it would be a sin not to continue the Diablo series.
It would be a sin not to continue. I know exactly the feeling you're having. I was lucky enough to get on the original beta, so I've jumped on here and there for the last few months to see what's new. You have to remember the beta was just a part of 1 act. Blizzard didn't disappoint in the last 2 versions and they've been working on this for quite a while. I don't think they'll let us down.

I'll caviat that by saying: As long as the purchase stuff for real money doesn't get too out of hand. That could drive me insane and make the game less enjoyable.

PS Did anyone play the beta when they still had the little creatures that followed you around to pick up gold :lol: That crap was awesome.
Setting a goal is not the main thing. It is deciding how you will go about achieving it and staying with that plan.

Leadership is getting someone to do what they don't want to do, to achieve what they want to achieve.
Fanne
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Fanne »

It would be a sin not to continue!!!
I just loved the feeling that I did it years ago 8)
Always those disapointments like oh what happend to BF42, Bf2 is not the same feelin and we all know about more games where you miss the old feeling of playing that game.
I only played the open beta weekend and got all chars to level 10 ( had to do it on the sunday only 18 h in a go...) yes it was hack and slay but man I liked it a lot.
Planing to get it tomorrow too, hope some of my RL friends as well and looking forward to play with some GC ppl
ennaf#2904
noob with battle.net :mrgreen:
.Sup
Executive
Executive

Post by .Sup »

Fanne wrote:It would be a sin not to continue!!!
I just loved the feeling that I did it years ago 8)
Always those disapointments like oh what happend to BF42, Bf2 is not the same feelin and we all know about more games where you miss the old feeling of playing that game.
I only played the open beta weekend and got all chars to level 10 ( had to do it on the sunday only 18 h in a go...) yes it was hack and slay but man I liked it a lot.
Planing to get it tomorrow too, hope some of my RL friends as well and looking forward to play with some GC ppl
ennaf#2904
noob with battle.net :mrgreen:
Oh Fanne I would instantly go back to BF42.
fittyman

Post by fittyman »

.Sup wrote:Oh Fanne I would instantly go back to BF42.
I'd go back just for the Desert Combat mod. That was a dope mod.
Ash2Dust
Executive
Executive

Post by Ash2Dust »

Any opinions formed? Any guest passes?
bigdcowboys22
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by bigdcowboys22 »

I like it so far. I've only got maybe 4 or 5 hours logged, but I like it. Act 1 was a bit boring because I had played half of it through the beta over and over and over, but Act 2 is shaping up nicely. We'll see what the repeatability is. Unfortunately with the way you level characters (not assigning skill points yourself and being able to switch skills at any time) I'm not sure what the benefit will be to playing through more than 5 times (once per character). I'm pretty disappointed in this as half the fun in diablo 2 was making a necro that was commited to summoners and then starting another one dedicated to bone spirit. They were completely different characters, and i was rewarded independently for making them the way I did. With the current system I can switch whenever I feel like it. This is a big downer to me, but we'll see what happens as the game matures and I make it a little further.

I can definately hook you up with a guest pass if you want one. I think the game came with 3 or 4 and I have no use for any of them. I think the guest pass limits you to a lvl 20 character? But that should be enough to get a good impression of the game. Anybody who wants a guest pass just PM me and I can give you the codes when I get home from work. First come first served if there's more than 3 or 4 people that want them.

Juffalo
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Juffalo »

The game is phenomenal.

best 60 dollars I've spent on a game in a long time.

I've logged plenty of hours into games like sacred, titan quest, and torchlight but Diablo 3 is way more fun than any other hack and slash I've ever played.

The game looks great, sounds AMAZING, the monsters are varied and interesting, and the skill system is actually deeper than most would have you believe.

highly recommended.

I'm KannonPhodder@gmail.com on Bnet. 8173 and myself will probably hit 60 this weekend.
Fanne
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Fanne »

like I said, nice 1
playing all chars to lvl 10 first ( nearly done) and then go with one through ( witchdoctor I guess ), started deamon hunter with a friend.
Playing EU first, maby later I make a NA one to play around a bit ( I don't like them call it global play if I can't have my chars with me :x )
I love to single play through the nights and have soud loud ( ok musik off but something else plaing background 8) )
Fields
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Fields »

So, I got it a few days ago with and have started playing through as a barbarian.

I think this pretty much sums it up:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z3SOLYeSWK4&t=32s