[Arma 2:] DayZ mod

Arrange pub meets and gathers, discuss your favorite games.

Moderator: Executive

SeraphiM0352
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Re: Arma 2: DayZ mod

Post by SeraphiM0352 »

thanks for a write up Loa, it was much more informative than Marv. i was able to get my game working after redownloading and installing. the DayZ installer didnt work properly for me so i had to download the .rar myself and extract them to a @DayZ\addons folder and everything worked fine after that.
LoA
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by LoA »

SeraphiM0352 wrote:thanks for a write up Loa, it was much more informative than Marv. i was able to get my game working after redownloading and installing. the DayZ installer didnt work properly for me so i had to download the .rar myself and extract them to a @DayZ\addons folder and everything worked fine after that.
Great! :D

So i've made a little (or big, 23 min.) video with me and hitman going for the north-west airstrip, we found a motorcycle on the way and had some fun times. :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ub_HRdYFgsI

It may be boring at some places, but it's worth watching until the end.
Hitman47
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Hitman47 »

good stuff, can't wait to see the tractor footage 8)
BF2: C5 - Corporal | C6 - Corporal | C7 - Feldwebel (Sergeant) | C8 - Neutral Peace Keeper | C9 - Captain | C10 - Grand Moff (HC) | C11 - Macaca (Staff Sergeant) | C12 - Major | C13 - Corporal
BF3: C1 - Colonel | C2 - General | C3 - Neutral | C4 - Brigadier | C5 - Private | C6 - Brigadier General
BF4: C1 - Tournament Admin | C2 - General
fawadforlan

Post by fawadforlan »

haha nice vid loa, the games looks really fun. :lol:
How big is the map actually, like how long does it take to go from one side to the other side?
Battlefield 3
Campaign 2 - Staff Sergeant
Campaign 3 - Captain
Campaign 4 - Private
Liljedahls

Post by Liljedahls »

fawadforlan wrote:haha nice vid loa, the games looks really fun. :lol:
How big is the map actually, like how long does it take to go from one side to the other side?

uuhm, check this out. Caspian Border is the one on the bottom.

http://i.imgur.com/SBQqQ.jpg
fawadforlan

Post by fawadforlan »

Liljedahls wrote: uuhm, check this out. Caspian Border is the one on the bottom.

http://i.imgur.com/SBQqQ.jpg

8O wow
Battlefield 3
Campaign 2 - Staff Sergeant
Campaign 3 - Captain
Campaign 4 - Private
marvk
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by marvk »

The Map is 15km x 15km which makes a total of 225km². It takes 90-120 Minutes to go run from one side to another if you go straight.
BF3C2: HiT 1st Lieutenant of the Airforce
BF3C3: DARK 1st Lieutenant of the Airforce
BF3C4: STAR Private First Class of the Airforce
SQRush Tournament #1: Winner
SQRush Tournament #2: Winner
SQRush Tournament #3: Semi Finals
Hitman47
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Hitman47 »

Tonight at SBT epic raid on NW airfield :twisted:
BF2: C5 - Corporal | C6 - Corporal | C7 - Feldwebel (Sergeant) | C8 - Neutral Peace Keeper | C9 - Captain | C10 - Grand Moff (HC) | C11 - Macaca (Staff Sergeant) | C12 - Major | C13 - Corporal
BF3: C1 - Colonel | C2 - General | C3 - Neutral | C4 - Brigadier | C5 - Private | C6 - Brigadier General
marvk
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by marvk »

Hitman47 wrote:Tonight at SBT epic raid on NW airfield :twisted:
Me and FMJ raided some yesterday after LoA went AFK and Goose died to a group of three (haha :D). Went to NW Airfield, only good find was an M4A1 with one STANAG mag :/ And bazillions of zobies.

(Will play right now)

edit: My raid was le success!

AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW YEAHHHHHHHHHHH
YouSawNothing

Post by YouSawNothing »

Bought the game yesterday just for this mod and holy crap is this game intense I have never played something that actually had me worried about my survival in it. Now that I got my newbieness out of the way I think try new and hopefully spawn a little closer to you guys this time, just need to remember to slow down a little.

Where are you guys at the moment so I know which direction to head.
marvk
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by marvk »

YouSawNothing wrote:Bought the game yesterday just for this mod and holy crap is this game intense I have never played something that actually had me worried about my survival in it. Now that I got my newbieness out of the way I think try new and hopefully spawn a little closer to you guys this time. Just need to remember to slow down a little.
What's your Steam ID again? And are you online right now?
LoA
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by LoA »

YouSawNothing wrote:Bought the game yesterday just for this mod and holy crap is this game intense I have never played something that actually had me worried about my survival in it. Now that I got my newbieness out of the way I think try new and hopefully spawn a little closer to you guys this time, just need to remember to slow down a little.

Where are you guys at the moment so I know which direction to head.
I just died by a guy who was actually friendly. I got shot by a few bullets in a deer-tower, i got prone and all of a sudden someone started talking in in-game VOIP. He asked if I were friendly and if I was bleeding (since i didn't shoot at all because i didn't know where he were). So i started screaming that i was friendly and that i was bleeding like crap. I didn't have any bandages so i started to get down from the deer-tower and he started to move towards me, but he didn't get to bandage me in time and i died.

I think he thought that i was aiming for him so he started to shoot me. First guy ever who didn't really wanna kill me, so that was actually fun.
marvk
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by marvk »

I just.. I just killed somebody. Whoa. Whoa. Right. So i was sneaking up to the NW Airfield from the east, expecting nothing but brainless undeads and some nice loot. It was pitch black night, but i had my NVGoogles so i felt relatively save. Sneaked up to the northern baracks and there he was, prone, face turned away from my towards the control tower. Without any hesitation, 3 .45 ACP rounds went right into his brain after they left the barrel of my M1911. For what reason? Nothing i could take (He had an M4A3 CCO, but i got my M16A3 M203) except for a Map. A simple Map. I hope the Map serves one of you guys well, will give it away when we meet later.
Hitman47
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Hitman47 »

I'll be on today at SBT+2, I almost died yesterday when you guys left, fking village was a fking death trap. :lol:

Also, updated list of survivors:

1. Hitman
2. Marvk
3. LoA
4. Fullmetajacket9
5. cairdazar
6. Goosefraba
7. Dadoughboy
8. Seraphim
9. CognitoCon
10. You Saw Nothing
YouSawNothing

Post by YouSawNothing »

I finally made it out to the nw airfield without dieing any takers on how long this lasts :lol: