[Arma 2:] DayZ mod

Arrange pub meets and gathers, discuss your favorite games.

Moderator: Executive

CorranHorn
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Re: Arma 2: DayZ mod

Post by CorranHorn »

fraking love this game
Yob

Post by Yob »

HAHAHA! I got it figured out. Where can I meet you lads?
If you don't ask, the answer is, "No."
My Campaign ribbons are around here somewhere!
Róka

Post by Róka »

Róka wrote:If anyone can possibly figure out where their camp is... :wink:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YYhRMoKrLkw[/youtube]
Bumping this.
Also,
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A1VP0yn5F1E[/youtube]
ImageImage
Yob

Post by Yob »

My first DayZ life...log in, night time on the beach. I start moving west (away from the moon). Go through forest, then up into hills then steppes and mountains. I see white mountain goats. Scary. Log off. Log back in. It's daytime. And raining. I am thirsty and losing blood. Wish I could catch the rain in my cap and drink it. Now that I can see everything there is nothing to see. Oh..a wild boar. And a bird. And a few leaves blowing past me. I keep running and finally get to the highest point I can see. crap, the world is gray and blurry, I am starving. Abort because...I want some action.

So far....umm....no real impression.
Róka

Post by Róka »

Yob wrote:My first DayZ life...log in, night time on the beach. I start moving west (away from the moon). Go through forest, then up into hills then steppes and mountains. I see white mountain goats. Scary. Log off. Log back in. It's daytime. And raining. I am thirsty and losing blood. Wish I could catch the rain in my cap and drink it. Now that I can see everything there is nothing to see. Oh..a wild boar. And a bird. And a few leaves blowing past me. I keep running and finally get to the highest point I can see. crap, the world is gray and blurry, I am starving. Abort because...I want some action.

So far....umm....no real impression.
Mainly because you're by yourself. Although, I did travel across the map while it was 2 a.m. before and that was quite adventurous.
ImageImage
Hitman47
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Hitman47 »

here's a tip Yob: find a road.
BF2: C5 - Corporal | C6 - Corporal | C7 - Feldwebel (Sergeant) | C8 - Neutral Peace Keeper | C9 - Captain | C10 - Grand Moff (HC) | C11 - Macaca (Staff Sergeant) | C12 - Major | C13 - Corporal
BF3: C1 - Colonel | C2 - General | C3 - Neutral | C4 - Brigadier | C5 - Private | C6 - Brigadier General
BF4: C1 - Tournament Admin | C2 - General
Yob

Post by Yob »

Hitman47 wrote:here's a tip Yob: find a road.
Roads = Zombies and Bandits. Too scary. I thought I would come across some random goat herder's hut in the middle of nowhere with beans and coke and ghillie suit and sniper rifle with ammo plus compass, NV goggles and other assorted goodies. FAIL!
Róka

Post by Róka »

Yob wrote:
Hitman47 wrote:here's a tip Yob: find a road.
Roads = Zombies and Bandits. Too scary. I thought I would come across some random goat herder's hut in the middle of nowhere with beans and coke and ghillie suit and sniper rifle with ammo plus compass, NV goggles and other assorted goodies. FAIL!
:lol:
ImageImage
fittyman

Post by fittyman »

I think the single best group of loot I have found contained an MP5SD, compass, map, G17 and about 4 clips for the G17. I didn't find any MP5SD ammo until I searched one of the army locales. I still have all that loot, as I have not died yet.
Yob

Post by Yob »

Found my first loot. Ammo, hunting knife, empty cans and a flashlight. Then I got killed. Fuq. I guess you have to be very patient. The goal is just to see how long you can keep your toon alive?
Arcturus
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Arcturus »

Yob: the best spawn is Kamenka. Check this map. Move North from deerstand to deerstand, first (021 127) then (020 123), (017 121).
When you've raided those three stands, it is very likely that you have a weapon with ammo. Carefully loot Pavlovo for food and drink, then go further North to Zelenogorsk.
Loot the supermarket in hopes of a backpack, binoculars, extra ammo, that sort of stuff. Leave Zelenogorsk the way you came in and you're well-equipped and ready to handle secluded barns like (017 012).

The server is finally up and confirmed to be working by several people. It's switched off so we can all enter at the same time for cars. WIth TS down, however, we need to find a way to hurry this up, as the server is in GMT+1 and the host hasn't yet figured out yet how to change the timezone of an individual server.
BF3 C2 - Lt. | BF3 C3 - Maj. | BF3 C4 - Field Marshall | BF3 C5 - Tournament Administrator
Yob

Post by Yob »

Arcturus: That map is a huge help. I spawned in a city on the east coast, worked my way in. All I found was ammo and empty cans. Then got into a Fire Station but there was nothing there. Night time. Logged off. When I logged in today, I started near Kamenka. Every tree stand was looted. Everyplace I looked in was looted until I got to the supermarket in Zelenogorsk. It was night again, crawled across parking lot and drew aggro. Ran into market, bandaged, found some pepsi, found a gun. Killed a few zeds then got dogpiled and died. FUN!! First time I've had a gun so far.
Yob

Post by Yob »

Crawling on my belly south of Castle Zub looking for a morphine injection. Broke my leg closing an outhouse door on myself. Thank goodness I can shoot game, harvest and cook the meat. Have 3 cans of soda. We'll see if I can make it to a hospital tent all the way down in Cherno. My favorite weapon is the hatchet. Quiet an kills with one hit. *CHUNK*
Bare minimum to survive: Hatchet, Hunting Knife, Canteen, Wits, Luck.
Arcturus
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Arcturus »

The US team set up a tent encampment in US 216, close to the EU camp in DE 167. We can trade items if needed now.
BF3 C2 - Lt. | BF3 C3 - Maj. | BF3 C4 - Field Marshall | BF3 C5 - Tournament Administrator
Yob

Post by Yob »

I don't understand your post. US Team? EU Camp?