[Arma 2:] DayZ mod

Arrange pub meets and gathers, discuss your favorite games.

Moderator: Executive

Yob

Re: [Arma 2:] DayZ mod

Post by Yob »

Watching all these group DayZ vids.....my ping is horrible to DE server.
If you don't ask, the answer is, "No."
My Campaign ribbons are around here somewhere!
YouSawNothing

Post by YouSawNothing »

Yesterday was DayZ at it's finest started the day like this

And ended with this

Then today I get killed by a rock :oops:
Yob

Post by Yob »

Spawned in at Kemenka Lighthouse and ran over to Kamarovo. Scouting the good warehouse and I hear a voice..like..."WTF?" turn around and this dude in a ghillie suit os shouting, "Are you friendly? Are you friendly?". I figure I'm going to get dead anyway with the .50 cal he's pointing at me so I say, "Yes. Friendly". He gives me a silenced pistol, 4 magazines and says he'll cover my ass while I work my way out of town. Amazing. That's the first player I've met that hasn't killed me. I'm still too neutral good to go bandit. Love this game.
marvk
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by marvk »

Wub Wub Wub!
BF3C2: HiT 1st Lieutenant of the Airforce
BF3C3: DARK 1st Lieutenant of the Airforce
BF3C4: STAR Private First Class of the Airforce
SQRush Tournament #1: Winner
SQRush Tournament #2: Winner
SQRush Tournament #3: Semi Finals
WenieWaggler

Post by WenieWaggler »

After reading this thread for weeks I was finally convinced to go ahead and buy combined operations. I will hopefully be joining the insanity soon! How do I find you guys though? Isn't it random spawns?
C2: Sgt. ImageImage
C3: Master Sgt.
ImageImage
Yob

Post by Yob »

I haven't found any groups or people to play with. It seems like that is the best, most fun way to do it. Make sure you download this http://www.six-updater.net/.
Continuation of my life after that guy gave me a pistol...found a sniper rifle, took some damage from a few zombies. Had a knife, hatchet, water bottles, raw meat but no damn matches. Searched everywhere...needed food. Was down to about 3000 blood when I look in a house and wtf..a package...ghillie suit?!!?!! OMFG just laying there in the doorway. Put it on, get ganked by 5 zeds and die. That was a great 30 seconds of ghillie glory.
Arcturus
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Arcturus »

Yob, haven't you joined the DayZ TS channel? I'd like to play with you if we meet.
BF3 C2 - Lt. | BF3 C3 - Maj. | BF3 C4 - Field Marshall | BF3 C5 - Tournament Administrator
YouSawNothing

Post by YouSawNothing »

Yob

Post by Yob »

Arcturus wrote:Yob, haven't you joined the DayZ TS channel? I'd like to play with you if we meet.
I didn't know there was a TS channel.
BlooDRaptoR1

Post by BlooDRaptoR1 »

Add me on Steam guys :) Im buying it 2morrow so i will install it and start playing! i hope we can make good operations cleaning bandits/zombies out of areas :) and have fun!!!

Steam name : Stefan0s94
C4 -Image
C5 - Image
LoA
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by LoA »

Just a small update on people who's interested in starting to play DayZ.

Do not play on the public hive, hackers, spawned in loot and CoD kiddies have completely destroyed the public hive, 90 % of the loot is spawned in, almost everyone got Nightvision goggles, rangefinders and thermal snipers. It's sad.

If you really feel like playing DayZ right now, the best way to do it is Private hives. The best one right now is http://survivedayz.com. Harder to find loot, no lag, no hackers, no K/D kids spawnkilling, more skins, better variety of vehicles and awesome admins. The best thing about it is that you know that everything is legit, if you die, the guy who killed you has worked hard to earn the weapon he got. When you find a decent weapon you get super excited since it's hard to find weapons. In the public hive you could just find a hatchet, go up to the mountain near cherno and kill a guy who basically got everything in the game (hacked weapons).

DayZ standalone is releasing this year, and almost everyone is waiting for that since the public hive is fraked up.

Also, here's a cool video/trailer: http://youtu.be/2tM2UcrNprM?hd=1
Yob

Post by Yob »

Signed up for SurviveDayZ as Serene, waiting on whitelist. My DayZ name is usually Jeffery.
I was wondering why I spawned with ubergear and found good weapons lately.
Róka

Post by Róka »

Yeah, I really want to get back into it, especially with all the new maps (I hope the standalone game has the multiple maps) but yeah. Public is screwed up.
ImageImage
BlooDRaptoR1

Post by BlooDRaptoR1 »

Róka wrote:Yeah, I really want to get back into it, especially with all the new maps (I hope the standalone game has the multiple maps) but yeah. Public is screwed up.
I would like to be ur partner :)
C4 -Image
C5 - Image
LoA
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by LoA »

Róka wrote:Yeah, I really want to get back into it, especially with all the new maps (I hope the standalone game has the multiple maps) but yeah. Public is screwed up.
They're working on "Chernarus Plus" for the standalone, new buildings, more enterable buildings, scary buildings in the wilderness and so on. They got some cool pictures on their website: http://dayzdev.tumblr.com/

Enterable hospital will be epic. :D