[Arma 2:] DayZ mod

Arrange pub meets and gathers, discuss your favorite games.

Moderator: Executive

Róka

Re: Arma 2: DayZ mod

Post by Róka »

So am I like the only one at camp with 3 vehicles now? :lol:
ImageImage
Chemical2
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Chemical2 »

me, fullmetal and arcturus made it to camp we looted 2 choppers on our way back ;) just a dmr, fn fal and med supplies tho.
''Be polite, be efficient. Have a plan to kill everyone you meet.'' The sniper
BF3
C2: Staff Sergeant - Hitcorp
C3: 1st Lieutenant - Dark army
C4: 1st Lieutenant - Starfishers coffee initiative
C5: PFC - Legion of Doom
Chemical2
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Chemical2 »

double post lol (removed)
''Be polite, be efficient. Have a plan to kill everyone you meet.'' The sniper
BF3
C2: Staff Sergeant - Hitcorp
C3: 1st Lieutenant - Dark army
C4: 1st Lieutenant - Starfishers coffee initiative
C5: PFC - Legion of Doom
LoA
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by LoA »

Arcturus wrote:
Global Conflict: Day Z server
An initiative of a few Day Z players has lead to the rental of our own Day Z server! As of today the server is up.

Server info:
  • Location ID: DE 167
    Slots: 40
    Difficulty: Regular
    IP address: 83.142.84.196
    Port: 2402
Funding
The server isn't free: It's $38 per month. I have ordered the server so I now have root admin access. The first month's on me, but I won't be paying by myself forever. The server will end soon if nobody contributes. To donate, you can send money to my PayPal account, which is linked to the server's billing cycle. This is a public thread, so if you want to contribute, send me a PM to request my email address.
If you donate, we will be eternally grateful. But every $10 is a month's admin rights!

July admins: Arcturus [root], m4rvk [in-game]
[youtube]http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_RfFt_5ONKA[/youtube]
I'll donate the youtube money i got from the GC trailer. Gonna get info on how much it is the 15th.
Arcturus
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Arcturus »

Nice, LoA :D. The host (Host Altitude) is a pain in the ass, though. I've been paying for the server since Monday and we haven't been able to play on it so far. I'm thinking about asking for a refund and going to a different host, because this is just ridiculous. If I had a Twitter account I would notify them there to finally get them to test my server before they say it's "fixed". So hang on to your money for now ;)
BF3 C2 - Lt. | BF3 C3 - Maj. | BF3 C4 - Field Marshall | BF3 C5 - Tournament Administrator
dpil1

Post by dpil1 »

Cognitocon, ShadowRado, Iseenothing, and I have started a bit of a North American Posse for those of us that can't play on the Luxembourg server
LoA
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by LoA »

Arcturus wrote:Nice, LoA :D. The host (Host Altitude) is a pain in the ass, though. I've been paying for the server since Monday and we haven't been able to play on it so far. I'm thinking about asking for a refund and going to a different host, because this is just ridiculous. If I had a Twitter account I would notify them there to finally get them to test my server before they say it's "fixed". So hang on to your money for now ;)
Seems like a serious company though, but if they won't start the server, ask for a refund and look for something else. btw I thought there were server files for arma? Didn't know you had to rent a server just like BF3...
Yob

Post by Yob »

Been in a BETA but I want to get into DayZ with my old posse....should be d/l today or tomorrow...any suggestions for a mouse? I have a gaming laptop but using the pad is not so great.
If you don't ask, the answer is, "No."
My Campaign ribbons are around here somewhere!
Arcturus
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Arcturus »

G400. Topic here.
BF3 C2 - Lt. | BF3 C3 - Maj. | BF3 C4 - Field Marshall | BF3 C5 - Tournament Administrator
LoA
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by LoA »

29th June: Getting on a vacation to Spain. Got a MK-48, NVGs, and all the basic loot you need to have to survive. Stacked up on food and water aswell as ammo to be ready for a long travel on foot when i come back. Got a Landrover, a ural, a ATV, a UAZ and a blue van in our camp. Everyone at the camp says everythings gonna be juuust fine.

7th July: Comes back from Spain. Only a bus left at the camp. Takes that and proceeds towards the group at NE airfield/Berezino. I see a chopper crash site on the way, stops for a quick look for loot. There's 13 people on the server, what could possibly go wrong? i think.

I get to the chopper crash site, zombies spawning all around the place. I start picking them off with my MK-48, red dot sight, then i saw how incredibly accurate at long distances the MK-48 is and i can even see a red tracer behind the bullets. 8 zombies killed, easy. I find a AKM laying down on the ground. Thinks to myself "AKs doesn't spawn at chopper crash sites? Someone have been here." I continue looking for more important stuff, and then i find a ammobox with only 3 m24 mags in it. Then i knew, someone has definitely been here.

I proceed to run back to my bus. BOOM BOOM BOOM BOOM BOOM. A Sniper with a DMR shot me, i didn't even get to blink before the "YOU ARE DEAD" sign came up on my screen.

20 minutes after coming back home, absolutely everything lost.
"Nothing will happen bro, have a nice vacation" they said. 8O
Yob

Post by Yob »

Downloading now, I'll save you all. Mwahahahaha

Holy schnikies! Still downloading. I guess this will be a 24 hour process. That's what I get for sponging off Neighbors DSL wireless.
Yob

Post by Yob »

Well it only took a day and a half to download ArmA2 and Operation Twinkleberries. Hope the DayZ mod is quick.
Róka

Post by Róka »

If anyone can possibly figure out where their camp is... :wink:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YYhRMoKrLkw[/youtube]
ImageImage
Yob

Post by Yob »

All d/l, even Six Updater. Hate to ask for hand-holding but I can't figure out how to use SU to get DayZ mod. Please tell me to go watch the install video. :lol: Would prefer step by step clickies instructions.
Thanks!
fittyman

Post by fittyman »

At the airstrip the other day. Me and two friends. We left one guy watching the airfield through binocs and the two of us made our way into the hangars. We checked the first one out and nothing. Which told us someone had been there in the last 3 minutes (Loot respawn is 3 minutes I believe). We continue on to the next hangar, and find the poor soul who was looting the place. AJSXsome numbers, poor guy died in Hangar 2 from zombies. We had thought maybe he was the one who looted place. He had a ton of ammo, 5 DMR mags and 8 Pistol clips but.... no weapons. Then we got worried. We moved onto the Air control tower and that was when our friend in the trees heard it. 50 cal shots ringing out to the Right of him. For us? All we heard was, "Psss" as the bullets hit the ground in front of us. I think the two of us nearly crapped our pants. We ran as fast as Arma 2 would allow us, right into the control tower. We stayed there for maybe 20 minutes or so to let our buddy try and find this guy. He didn't. I decided, because he was North West of us, we could run out the door and run to our right, using the hill as cover. We would continue running until we made it to the small town.
So we did it. We ran out of the building, and I heard some flies. Greed took over. We were safe. Just had to keep running. But that body..... Could have some good stuff on it. I cracked. I told my friend I was going back to check that body, he came with me ignoring my protests. I get to the body, with my friend waiting in the trees and that was when he struck. The sniper had moved from the North hills and came down to the airstrip, apparently in a bid to cut us off from running. When my friend was waiting in the trees he domed him with his AK. Pop pop pop, is what I heard followed by, "crap I got shot. I'm dead". I look out towards the hill to see my friends dead body and look out towards where the hill slightly declines and I see him. Full ghillie suit and he has aim trained on me. At this point I think I am toast because I have the G17 currently equipped, not my M14 and this guy is just unloading on me. The best I can do is try and take cover behind a very small tree I find. I fire maybe 3-4 shots from my G17 at him, compared to his full clip from his AK. When he starts reloading, I switch to my M14 with red dot sight and from there, we have a good old fashion shoot out. Right there behind Air control tower. He hits me twice off the start and again at the end of his clip. I think I hit him, how many times I am not sure. I fired a full clip at him and I know at least two bullets had to have hit him.
As he reaches the end of his clip the Zombies respawn, quite possibly saving my life, forcing us to go our separate ways. He runs south, I run North trying to hook up with my friend who had been running from the hills towards us but he was so far away it was going to take him another 5 minutes. I get to the first hangar and then it happens, **CRACK** broken leg. I fall down right at the mouth of the hangar. I crawl into the hangar to avoid the Zombies and I pray that the other guy is too hurt to come find me. I look over to the other side of the hangar and the dead body is still there. I start to wonder if this is how he died. Not because he was running from zombies, but because this guy wounded him and left him for dead. Waiting for him to die so he can loot him. I take out my Morphine to magically heal my bones and.... I pass out. 3500 blood. I didn't notice anything. My screen going grey, the counter in the top right. Nothing. I notice it now. I am in the hangar, bleeding out with less than 4000 blood. I figure I have 5-7 minutes at most. Even just one minute seems to take an eternity to pass though. By the time my friend reaches me, I have sunk to 1200 blood and the hour glass seems to have only just gotten halfway. He bandages me, keeping my blood steady at 1200, he takes out my Epi pen and wakes me up and then takes out the blood bag and gives me a blood transfusion and I take some painkillers to stop the shaking.
From here everything went fast. We looted our friends dead body saving the valuables, AK, ammo, pistol mags, compass, map, hunting knife, cooked meat, canteen and tool box, and we hide the body so the other guy, if he comes back, can't get the satisfaction of looting our friend. From here we head North, back into the woods and start another journey. This time to find our friend back on the South Coast.

I have not been back to the airstrip since.