[Planetside 2] Drunkenside Event Saturday SBT+2

Arrange pub meets and gathers, discuss your favorite games.

Moderator: Executive

StarfisherEcho
Executive
Executive

Re: Planetside 2

Post by StarfisherEcho »

PS1 still has most of my top 10 gaming moments in it, all of them oriented around the insane joy of a well organized outfit/platoon raiding a continent. GC organization would translate very well to PS, assuming most of the same mechanics are in play.

I can't wait to play PS2. It's going to eat my life, probably.
ImageImageImage
SeraphiM0352
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by SeraphiM0352 »

too many games! how am i going to keep up with BF3, EvE, Diablo, Tribes, AND Planetside?
.Sup
Executive
Executive

Post by .Sup »

I actually just bought LA Noire this very moment. I love the theme, era and overall freedom of driving on the streets of a vast city such as LA.
But I don't have much time to play games.
tehman

Post by tehman »

.Sup wrote:I actually just bought LA Noire this very moment. I love the theme, era and overall freedom of driving on the streets of a vast city such as LA.
But I don't have much time to play games.
I have all the time in the world to play games but no money :lol:
.Sup
Executive
Executive

Post by .Sup »

I wish there was a way to lend games to friends but that wouldn't suit Steam's "policy"
FuzzyCat

Post by FuzzyCat »

This looks epic. Can anyone compare/contrast this to WW2Online? (The original at least)???
LCourage
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by LCourage »

FuzzyCat wrote:This looks epic. Can anyone compare/contrast this to WW2Online? (The original at least)???
I never played WW2 Online so I can't really compare them. PS1 had battles including up to 200 people at once in a zone. The weapons and vehicles remind me of BF2142.
Tunnel Snakes rule!
Warbond

Post by Warbond »

StarfisherEcho wrote: GC organization would translate very well to PS, assuming most of the same mechanics are in play.
I thought that same exact thing as soon as I saw the topic title. I played a little PS1, but I never got to see the huge, organized raids. At the time I wondered how something like that would even be accomplished. Now, having played for a few hours with the GC crew, I realize how possible it is and how awesome it would be. Could you imagine riding into battle with 150 other people, squads and divisions set up with specific responsibilities, weapon and vehicle loadouts all set for various contingencies...

It's exactly what drew me to Global Conflict to begin with. Planetside 2 has the potential to be incredibly fun.
TacticalVirus
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by TacticalVirus »

I ran with Sturmgrenadier for a while. They were THE outfit on the Emerald server, playing as New Conglomerate. They had organization very similiar to GC, but much more refined as they didn't have to keep cycling the way GC does. NC on Emerald routinely locked down the ENTIRE PLANET. Literally, everything would be blue for a few hours a week atleast, if not every few days. Military-esque organization translates very well to Planetside.
StarfisherEcho
Executive
Executive

Post by StarfisherEcho »

Sturmgrenadier was awesome. I never played with them but I remember logging in once and discovering that there was nothing to do because NC had locked everything.
ImageImageImage
TacticalVirus
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by TacticalVirus »

Hell, I remember at one point after the LLC patch they sat on a base and held it with less than forty people while the TR poplocked the continent. Held off a poplocked TR zerg with less than 40 NC for around three hours, then got bored and left. Effective communications is the single greatest force multiplier in warfare.
zorplex
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by zorplex »

While I was playing a certain game today, which will go unnamed *cough*, I met a group of players that communicated well and seemed pretty solid. They're currently recruiting Planetside 2 players for their guild Devious Gaming. While the site doesn't look like much, they claim they already have 60 players signed up for the beta and will be rolling NC, faction for launch TBD. They claim they have a couple sponsors for in house tournaments which will have PC components and possibly monetary prizes and are trying to set up a competitive team if ever PS2 goes competitive. (I'm highly doubtful of the latter happening.)

Either way, they sound like an alright bunch and I'll probably try playing with them during the beta to see how it goes. They're looking for competent players and are trying to get a large group together so if anyone is interested feel free to apply and just drop my name. If we get enough GC people for a platoon (estimated at 30) we might be able to get our own group within their ranks.

Then again, if we get enough GC people in PS2, we could eclipse them entirely. :p
Get a free Planetside 2 starter pack! Shameless PS2 recruitment link!
BF3C2-L • Hitcorp • Staff Sergeant ~§~ BF3C3-L • PRIDe • Captain ~§~ BF3C4-L • Gladius • Captain BF3C5-W • Legion of Doom • Captain Image
BF3C6-L • UNSC • PFC ~§~ BF4C1-L • Allies • PRVT ~§~ BF4C2-W • 9th MEU • P2C
BF4C3 • Corleone Family • HCImage
BF4C4 • SAD JANUS • HC
c3dar

Re: [Planetside 2]

Post by c3dar »

http://www.geforce.com/games-applicatio ... promotions

Beta keys for next weekend. Better then nothing!

Edit:
The 5gig download took 10 minutes and for some reason I can get into and play on the EU server. Very nice!
LCourage
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by LCourage »

Damn it, when I click on beta key give away it just loads the same page.
Tunnel Snakes rule!
c3dar

Post by c3dar »

They shut it down. They were given out too early. But it seems that if you did manage to get in then you can keep on playing. They kicked us all off the EU server, but then the NA servers were unlocked.