[Planetside 2] Drunkenside Event Saturday SBT+2

Arrange pub meets and gathers, discuss your favorite games.

Moderator: Executive

matsif
Executive
Executive

Re: [Planetside 2]

Post by matsif »

made BIMatsif on connery, and from the couple times I played with Gwyn it's pretty crap as far as organization compared to the super-organized Miller.

although playing with SLs who have voices so funny that I couldn't stop laughing at them didn't help the situation, or the terrible platoon leaders that are in TR over there. that saturday crash from miller should really be an eye-opener to connery players.
woke up this morning, put on my slippers, walked in the kitchen and died
Gwynzer
Executive
Executive

Re: [Planetside 2]

Post by Gwynzer »

They released hossin and continent locking. That's an entire new continent (which isn't 100% completed but still pretty great so far). Continent locking means you're forced to play on other continents a little more as onec a continent is locked all forces are prompted to leave it.

They've also added a lot of new outfit features, including the ability to have an outfit decal. One of our guys has Higby's hair as a decal so now everyone can get that for 100SC/250certs
Gwynzer
Executive
Executive

Re: [Planetside 2] EVENT THIS SATURDAY

Post by Gwynzer »

Hossin is out as well as Continent Locking. Indarside is finally over.

Lets all try hop on this Saturday at SBT ish to play. This game is FREE and available on Steam. We play as Terran Republic on the Miller server.
elchino7

Post by elchino7 »

Double XP!

"Clubbing, drinking, dancing, glancing, flirting, winking, greeting, meeting, chatting, laughing, talking, walking, leaving, weaving, stumbling, fumbling, cabbing, asking, viewing, brewing, nuzzling, cuddling, feeling, reeling, kissing, twisting, touching, rushing, stripping, gripping, clutching, thrusting, bending, arching, gasping, slacking, melting, sleeping, waking, smelling…
Dirt?
Scrabbling, pounding, thumping, bumping, screaming, scratching, groping, choking, crying, gulping, stifling… quieting.
Breathing…breathingbreathing
Gwynzer
Executive
Executive

Post by Gwynzer »

Had great fun. We kicked some butt on Hossin for a while and then went and worked with the rest of the outfits for an alert on Miller. We lost due to being double teamed, but had great fun while doing so.
Gwynzer
Executive
Executive

Post by Gwynzer »

Playing agian this saturday in place of Battleday. Game is a fairly big download and there is also going to be a significant patch going out this morning. Get it going BEFORE we start. Start downloading tonight. It's free on Steam (search Planetside 2), Steam will download a mostly up to date version. Launch it and it will then start patching to the latest version. Again, you have to LAUNCH THE GAME TO PATCH, STEAM DOESN'T HAVE THE VERY LATEST VERSIONS.

Once you're launched, go ahead and create a character. We play as the Terran Republic faction on the Miller server.

SBT to SBT+1 will be some kind of introductary session. We'll go over the game mechanics, get used to guns, classes and vehicles. The game has a fair bit of depth, but it's still open to people who hop in.

See you all on Saturday.
Gwynzer
Executive
Executive

Post by Gwynzer »

Patch is now live.
ZombieToof
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by ZombieToof »

Gwynzer wrote:Playing agian this saturday in place of Battleday.
SBT to SBT+1 will be some kind of introductary session. We'll go over the game mechanics, get used to guns, classes and vehicles. The game has a fair bit of depth, but it's still open to people who hop in.

See you all on Saturday.
Damn, I thought I'll make it on time this week.

But anyway, I've a 3 day 50% xp-Boost "For a friend" to give away. It's from the Gamerockets PS2 starter kit with which some people reported Problems and also mentioned that the friends boost doesn't work. But I had no problem with the kit, so If anyone want's to test it... Shooting Valkyries out of the sky will be a big thing this weekend :)
…I'm made of mountains, made of metal, made of whiskey, and waves! You won't believe your own breath, when the bold words finally escape your mouth. Keep your secrets hidden, till we're certain of just what we've found. Yeah, they bleed just like us, but our calling is what shapes us now. We won't be held back, won't be tied up, we won't be pinned down. Not now. Astronautalis: "Dimitri Mendeleev"
cancel_man
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by cancel_man »

Planning to join you for this!

I haven't played since the game was released (maybe beta?) so I downloaded & updated today. Ran through the tutorial and this is how it went:
Spoiler: show
phpBB [video]

...awesome job with those spawn points... I have a new respect for this.
Gwynzer
Executive
Executive

Post by Gwynzer »

Yup that's pretty much how it goes. That's why I'm after doing a short training session before we get going.
InsanityRocks
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by InsanityRocks »

I hope I"ll be able to join everyone.

Played with Gwynz (awkward... not) a few weeks ago and had fun - though it was mass chaos.

Can't make any promises since the in-laws are still here and the Mrs might have some plans already in the works. :(
Digz
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Digz »

ZombieToof wrote:

See you all on Saturday.
Damn, I thought I'll make it on time this week.

But anyway, I've a 3 day 50% xp-Boost "For a friend" to give away. It's from the Gamerockets PS2 starter kit with which some people reported Problems and also mentioned that the friends boost doesn't work. But I had no problem with the kit, so If anyone want's to test it... Shooting Valkyries out of the sky will be a big thing this weekend :)
I can haz it?
InsanityRocks
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by InsanityRocks »

until my machine decided to BSOD i had a lot of fun - thanks to Gwynz for showing me the basics - there's still a lot left to learn but at least i feel it's manageable.
Tea-Assault
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Tea-Assault »

Cheers for the evening guys, had a blast :)
the end is really fµcking nigh
matsif
Executive
Executive

Post by matsif »

There is a TR Alliance event with most of the major TR outfits tomorrow on Miller. Currently BI has no intent on participating in earnest (according to gwyn), but if you guys don't mind organized pubbing hooking up with one of the other decent outfits (BRTD, GOON) will probably lead you to a good time.

As always sundays at SBT+2 we always play as well if yer interested.
woke up this morning, put on my slippers, walked in the kitchen and died