[Planetside 2] Drunkenside Event Saturday SBT+2

Arrange pub meets and gathers, discuss your favorite games.

Moderator: Executive

Gwynzer
Executive
Executive

Re: [Planetside 2]

Post by Gwynzer »

Yesterday we started off on Indar, being pushed back by the Vanu Zerg and struggling to hold our positions outside of certain bases. There was a combined NC/Vanu push on Amerish and we were down to about 3 or 4 territories and there was urgent call for more platoons over there, so we transferred (The platoons asking for help were fighting NC inside a biolab instead of capping points. Wat). We failed to take a few bases, so we set up defences at Granite Valley Garrison and held it against the NC Zerg (3/4 platoons) attacking us for about an hour. That base is in the middle of a crater, I'm surprised we managed to hold it at all, there are hardly any good overwatch positions as defence. Eventually, an alert started on Amerish (Free XP!) and we ended up owning about 50% of the continent before I signed off. Not bad.
Jokerle
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Jokerle »

Sounds like I should have play PS2 instead of being rofl-stomped by Symthic in a match yesterday
Wat ne Wuchtbrumme!
Gwynzer
Executive
Executive

Post by Gwynzer »

It was pretty good. I can't believe we held off as long as we did at that base. It's in a crap loction where the enemy can snipe down from hills that surround the base in every direction. The valley entrance that NC were attacking from also had clear view of our vehicle pad, so it was dangerous to spawn anything and there was almost no where to hide our own sundie (I managed to park one at a 45deg angle behind some cover, you had to jump to change class, but it was safe).

There were a couple of times they managed to do an armour rush and get AMS Spawner at the bottom of the tower, and once we lost all 3 flags, but we managed to do a MAX crash to get the tower flag back, and then did an AT rush to take out their lower sunderers, allowing us some time to rush and recap the flags.

I think it's one of the best defences I've ever seen on a minor base. That thing is the norm for Amp Stations, Tech Plants and Biolabs (And The Crown), but not in a base like that. A lot of the big serious outfits can be all anal about squads having X amount of class Y etc, and I don't really enjoy playing like that. I think the much more relaxed way we were playing allows individual players to be a bit more flexible instead of it needing to happen on the PL/SL level. It's also a lot more fun.

Also thanks to everyone that kept repairing my MAX. I felt like the tank drivers on Damavand Peak, advancing forward blasting away while 3 engineers are hiding behind me and I act as their mobile cover.

I'm still not quite sure why there was an outfit fighting (while outnumbered!) in an NC controlled biolab, but I have to say I noticed once they left it. That's when NC started attacking us from both sides of the valley at once. At least those guys managed to cap a few territories over to The Ascent, which is apparently the Amerish Crown, but I've not had much problems taking it myself.
PastalavistaBaby

Post by PastalavistaBaby »

I just started playing Planetside 2, or actually I'm trying to play. Any help appreciated.

Steam Name: EduwaadoErrikku

Planetside 2 Name: PastalavistaBB
elchino7

Post by elchino7 »

I started playing again as Vanu on Helios server. Anyone here?

"Clubbing, drinking, dancing, glancing, flirting, winking, greeting, meeting, chatting, laughing, talking, walking, leaving, weaving, stumbling, fumbling, cabbing, asking, viewing, brewing, nuzzling, cuddling, feeling, reeling, kissing, twisting, touching, rushing, stripping, gripping, clutching, thrusting, bending, arching, gasping, slacking, melting, sleeping, waking, smelling…
Dirt?
Scrabbling, pounding, thumping, bumping, screaming, scratching, groping, choking, crying, gulping, stifling… quieting.
Breathing…breathingbreathing
undrt0w
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by undrt0w »

PastalavistaBaby wrote:I just started playing Planetside 2, or actually I'm trying to play. Any help appreciated.

Steam Name: EduwaadoErrikku

Planetside 2 Name: PastalavistaBB
we are playing TR on Miller server. We will gather tomorrow at SBT+2 so you should join TS. there are some really good players here (*cough* *cough*) that will teach you the basics.

chuko you should make an new character :P
Welcome Committee Member
What is GC? | Getting Started at GC | Campaign Sign-up Video | FAQ | Forum Netiquette

New Members do you need help?
Find me on TS or send me a PM
Gwynzer
Executive
Executive

Post by Gwynzer »

und3rt0w wrote:there are some really good players here (*cough* *cough*)
Who are you talking about? I'd like to meet them!

Yesterday wasn't quite as exciting as it can be. We assisted capping Esamir, then moved with TRAM over to Amerish, where we had just recently been warpgated. We took about half of Amerish and then an alert started on Esamir, and almost all of TRAM abandoned us. NC left the fight quite quickly, and we kept on fighting Vanu until they gave up. We bit the bullet and finished what we started, capping Amerish, despite the boring low pop from other factions, and then moved back to the alert on Esamir where we seemed to focus on diverting the enemy forces away from the other outfits so they could cap bases while we die. It sucked to keep getting pushed back, but our efforts helped us win the alert :)
undrt0w
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by undrt0w »

i think the guys over at blackintel...but not the ones playing in GC :) :) :)

what happens when you get a continent...i mean how an opposing army can get it back when they can't warpgate to it ?
Welcome Committee Member
What is GC? | Getting Started at GC | Campaign Sign-up Video | FAQ | Forum Netiquette

Jokerle
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Jokerle »

und3rt0w wrote: what happens when you get a continent...i mean how an opposing army can get it back when they can't warpgate to it ?
If you get a continent you can brag about it on TS. :D
The other faction will always have their warpgate, you cannot attack it.
Wat ne Wuchtbrumme!
undrt0w
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by undrt0w »

pfffft...m such a noob.

i see now. thx! next time i will be bragging k:
Welcome Committee Member

Gwynzer
Executive
Executive

Post by Gwynzer »

When you take a continent you get a bonus which lasts until you get warpgated yourself. For Indar you get 10% off of all infantry equipment (c4, grenades etc). For Esamir you get 10% off of all armour costs, and 10% off of air costs for Amerish.

Eventually, as SOE release more continents, you'll be able to capture warp gates and will have to take warp gates in order to advance to a different continent.
Gwynzer
Executive
Executive

Post by Gwynzer »

This weekend is a double XP event in planetside 2. It's a good time to start working towards those certs!
wizekraker
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by wizekraker »

Gwynzer wrote:This weekend is a double XP event in planetside 2. It's a good time to start working towards those certs!
Tommorow what time?
Gwynzer
Executive
Executive

Post by Gwynzer »

For a saturday? Dunno, we'll have some busy stuff happening between HCs. I'll play when I can after SBT tho. Sunday events run SBT+2 tho.
elchino7

Post by elchino7 »

I´ve never been more happy of being an ammo Sundy.
x2 + 30% + Alert + Vehicle Zerg :D

"Clubbing, drinking, dancing, glancing, flirting, winking, greeting, meeting, chatting, laughing, talking, walking, leaving, weaving, stumbling, fumbling, cabbing, asking, viewing, brewing, nuzzling, cuddling, feeling, reeling, kissing, twisting, touching, rushing, stripping, gripping, clutching, thrusting, bending, arching, gasping, slacking, melting, sleeping, waking, smelling…
Dirt?
Scrabbling, pounding, thumping, bumping, screaming, scratching, groping, choking, crying, gulping, stifling… quieting.
Breathing…breathingbreathing