[Civilization V] Boys.. Perhaps a match

Arrange pub meets and gathers, discuss your favorite games.

Moderator: Executive

haruky
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

[Civilization V] Boys.. Perhaps a match

Post by haruky »

I know I've made this post quite a lot, but I'll do it again. Greenmangaming has BNW on sale for $8.00. Currently, there is a 66% discount.

For those who don't have a GMG account, feel free to use my referral link. You get $2. I get $2. Win-Win for everyone. If you don't like using referral links, I've posted the generic GMG one below.

(Referral link) http://www.greenmangaming.com/?gmgr=hexuviqa
(Generic link) https://www.greenmangaming.com

Below is the link to the game. As you can see, it's currently $10. But if you use this code at the checkout, the total becomes around $8.00: GMG20-ODON7-FLUA7. I hope some of the original GC Civ players get in on this and we can all play a game sometime!

http://www.greenmangaming.com/s/us/en/p ... -world-na/

----------------------------------------------------------------------

So, us NAs and EUs may be able to play after all. I learned that as long as the host has good upload speeds, game turns get processed faster because all the data gets uploaded to all the other players faster.

So... who has beastly upload speeds??????
--------------------------------

Civ V Night 7.13.12

Gominus (Germany) vs Henidhor (Mongolia) vs Zorplex (Hiawathan Indians) vs haruky (Ethiopia)

It was a pretty crazy game. We played on fractal and we all chose random civs.
Henidhor, being Mongols, attacked almost all the city states near his area.
Zorplex goofed up at the beginning of the game by not getting to Petra first and letting his city starve..
I sat on my side of the continent becoming friends with all my city states.

Henidhor and Zorplex entered a brief and pointless war b/c Zorplex thought Henidhor was going aggro at the borders. I sat there and watched it unravel. Petty fools.

Gominus also declared war on Washington thinking that he could beat him. He was wrong. And he dun goofed up.

I started to build my magnificent cities. I had 3 of them. They were also near jungles which I love.

Later in the game, the warmongering Mongols thought they'd be smart and put a city right next to mine. I said NO. And he refused to listen. I killed the foolish settler and marched on Henidhor's cities with the intention of freeing the city states he brutally took over.

B/c of my peoples' intelligence, his army was no match for my Mehal Sefari and Gatling guns. He quickly surrendered.

Afterwards, I realized Washington was doing too well on his little continent and so I initiated the Operation Oceanic Death. I start pumping out troops in every 2 turns and had all of them march to Washington. It was a great success and he quickly succumbed to my glorious army.

Here are some images of last night's battle:

http://postimage.org/gallery/ht1i1fg/c340da98/

And we basically hated France the entire game.

http://imgur.com/a/erhym

Just a few images of what happened yesterday. Come on in and join the Civ V channel to have more loads of fun! :mrgreen:

(That game lasted nearly 10 hours...)

So, I'm thinking of getting a giant 2v2v2 v2(?) game going on Friday. No restarts. No mercy.
Who's in? If you're up for it, what time would you be available?

Also might be important to mention that you must have G&K since most of the people that play Civ V with us have G&K. :'c
Last edited by haruky on Mon Jul 29, 2019 2:00 pm, edited 35 times in total.
Image[/url]
FlashofSilver

Re: So.. we played Civ V tonight...

Post by FlashofSilver »

Played some Civ5, went to sleep. Woke up, Haruky is still in game.

o.O
MotherFo™

Post by MotherFo™ »

Jobo is also addicted to that game. I heard it's like crack.
Fields
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Fields »

I kept looking at the ts viewer from the homepage and thought it was broken because haruky was in the civ channel for like 10 hours. Nope, it wasn't broken at all...
a432

Post by a432 »

we gotta play with the expansion though, Gods + kings really adds and changes things. Playing vanilla now is so bland it hurts.
zorplex
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by zorplex »

I'd wait for the Steam summer sale. There's a good chance Gods and Kings will be on sale since Civ 5 has been part of the sales in the past.
Get a free Planetside 2 starter pack! Shameless PS2 recruitment link!
BF3C2-L • Hitcorp • Staff Sergeant ~§~ BF3C3-L • PRIDe • Captain ~§~ BF3C4-L • Gladius • Captain BF3C5-W • Legion of Doom • Captain Image
BF3C6-L • UNSC • PFC ~§~ BF4C1-L • Allies • PRVT ~§~ BF4C2-W • 9th MEU • P2C
BF4C3 • Corleone Family • HCImage
BF4C4 • SAD JANUS • HC
fawadforlan

Post by fawadforlan »

Played some Civ5, went to sleep. Woke up, Haruky is still in game.
o.O
I kept looking at the ts viewer from the homepage and thought it was broken because haruky was in the civ channel for like 10 hours. Nope, it wasn't broken at all...
Haruky what's wrong with you haha :lol:
I would be really tired if I played a game for 10 hours straight.
Battlefield 3
Campaign 2 - Staff Sergeant
Campaign 3 - Captain
Campaign 4 - Private
Coloneluber

Post by Coloneluber »

You're welcome for holding France off for 2 and a half thousand years with no iron while you teched to nukes.

Btw, what does the x-pack add to the game? I'd consider picking it up during the summer sale if they do that.
haruky
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by haruky »

Never in my life have I ever been this angry at a vidya game...
How I felt last night:

Image[/url]
haruky
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Re: Civilization V Night 7.13.12?

Post by haruky »

CHECK OP.
Image[/url]
WenieWaggler

Post by WenieWaggler »

I have class at SBT+ 6-11 but I can play during the day. I have been meaning to join you guys.
C2: Sgt. ImageImage
C3: Master Sgt.
ImageImage
Gominus

Post by Gominus »

Posted one of our game on Reddit. Remember this Haruky.
http://www.reddit.com/r/civ/comments/wf ... s_how_our/
haruky
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Re: Civilization V Night 7.13.12

Post by haruky »

Last nights' Civ Night was pretty durn good guys. Had a lot of fun. :mrgreen:
Image[/url]
Henidhor
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Re: Civilization V Night 7.13.12

Post by Henidhor »

haruky wrote:Civ V Night 7.13.12

Gominus (Germany) vs Henidhor (Mongolia) vs Zorplex (Hiawathan Indians) vs haruky (Ethiopia)

It was a pretty crazy game. We played on fractal and we all chose random civs.
Henidhor, being Mongols, attacked almost all the city states near his area.
Zorplex goofed up at the beginning of the game by not getting to Petra first and letting his city starve..
I sat on my side of the continent becoming friends with all my city states.

Henidhor and Zorplex entered a brief and pointless war b/c Zorplex thought Henidhor was going aggro at the borders. I sat there and watched it unravel. Petty fools.

Gominus also declared war on Washington thinking that he could beat him. He was wrong. And he dun goofed up.

I started to build my magnificent cities. I had 3 of them. They were also near jungles which I love.

Later in the game, the warmongering Mongols thought they'd be smart and put a city right next to mine. I said NO. And he refused to listen. I killed the foolish settler and marched on Henidhor's cities with the intention of freeing the city states he brutally took over.

B/c of my peoples' intelligence, his army was no match for my Mehal Sefari and Gatling guns. He quickly surrendered.

Afterwards, I realized Washington was doing too well on his little continent and so I initiated the Operation Oceanic Death. I start pumping out troops in every 2 turns and had all of them march to Washington. It was a great success and he quickly succumbed to my glorious army.

Here are some images of last night's battle:

http://postimage.org/gallery/ht1i1fg/c340da98/

And we basically hated France the entire game.

http://imgur.com/a/erhym

Just a few images of what happened yesterday. Come on in and join the Civ V channel to have more loads of fun! :mrgreen:

(That game lasted nearly 10 hours...)

So, I'm thinking of getting a giant 2v2v2 v2(?) game going on Friday. No restarts. No mercy.
Who's in? If you're up for it, what time would you be available?

Also might be important to mention that you must have G&K since most of the people that play Civ V with us have G&K. :'c
LIES, LIES, ALL OF IT!

So I, Khal Khan of the great Dothraki Mongol hordes started out on a piece of small, crappy, boxed in, resource bare land of plains and desert. Naturally, being the Mongols, I kind of had to invade the two city states with much nicer land next to me. This turned out to be an absolutely horrible decision, and while I conquered the city states with some ease the unhappiness from them completely killed any chance for more expansion. To be fair, I wasn't taking this game especially seriously.

One of these city states happened to be near zorplex's capital, and because I sent a horseman westwards to explore further for more city states (which unknown to me was in the direction of his capital) for my horde, zorplex declared war and killed my temporarily unguarded Khan while I was moving him due to the fact that the multiplayer combat isn't acutally turned based and, especially with quick movement and combat, is twitch based. I proceeded to pillage about 5 or 6 of his tiles, damage a bunch of his units, and completely repel his assaults, before we came to an uneasy peace.

By the time I got my happiness up I attempted to settle another city in territory that was rightfully mine (keep in mind, I was extremely boxed in with shitty land) but haruky attacked and killed my settler (who was defended with a unit, but obviously it wasn't enough) and started to march one of my acquired city states.

However since he was so far ahead and tech with all his beautiful grasslands and jungles and science hacks, I realized I was completely outmatched. However using my superior intellect and diplomatic abilities I convinced him to ally with me and give me an embassy and open borders. However in this brief period of war, I managed to pillage about 5 of his tiles and steal two workers. Simply by comparing losses, I would say I won that war.

Then in all of zorplex's beautiful, abundant, and walled of land he happened to not have any uranium and didn't see the 3 oil he had he surrendered. Meanwhile I was building my beautiful Battleships and stealing techs from both from them, but it got to the point around 2 am when I decided that haruky was going to win anyways (I had no chance at science, cultural, domination, and all the city states hated me so neither diplomatic), so I just went to bed. Good game though.
BF3:
C2: [K22S] Kinetic Influence - Senior Operative
C3: [PI3d] PRIDe - Lieutenant
C4: [G1S] Gladius - Sergeant
C5: [KYT] Kitten Adventure Rainbow Time - Private 1st Class
C6: [SIP] International Monetary Fund - Private
BF4
C1: [AD] Allied Forces - Private
haruky
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Re: Civilization V FLASH SALE ON STEAM.

Post by haruky »

CIV V FLASH SALE!!
http://store.steampowered.com/sub/15366/

Grab all the new DLC Civs for $1.24 each! Go go go!
Image[/url]