[Civilization V] Boys.. Perhaps a match

Arrange pub meets and gathers, discuss your favorite games.

Moderator: Executive

Henidhor
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Re: [Civilization V] GAME of BNW on 7/9 @SBT +3.

Post by Henidhor »

I'll be there. (I really do have no life...)

Also, this was the second multiplayer game we finished, not the first. There also was the one with me (Rome), you (Greece), Cheesy (Arabia), CognitoCon (Austria) and SnowWolf (Spain.) This was the one where you tried and failed to rush me with phalanxes and I took your cities. Then Cheesy attacked me and I took his cities. Then I won a science victory.

Additionally, I've completed two person games with haruky and SirSlicey.
BF3:
C2: [K22S] Kinetic Influence - Senior Operative
C3: [PI3d] PRIDe - Lieutenant
C4: [G1S] Gladius - Sergeant
C5: [KYT] Kitten Adventure Rainbow Time - Private 1st Class
C6: [SIP] International Monetary Fund - Private
BF4
C1: [AD] Allied Forces - Private
haruky
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by haruky »

Looks like last night was the last game of Civilization that we'll play for a while with the main group.

In the past week, there are a few things that we learned and a few things that really stood out.

The number one thing is that we must remove diplomatic victory as a victory condition. Why is this you ask? This is primarily because of how imbalanced it becomes with certain civs. Now, this is an option that could work if we didn't have civs that relied heavily on money (like Venice) that could just become allies with civs with no problem. However, when a civ has infinite supply of money, it's nearly impossible to gain city states as allies as another civ. The only way to stop them is to kill them off.

Also, in diplo victory, two players usually end up with the majority delegates. This often means that they can collaborate (or collude...) together to just make the game end very early or in w/e way they see fit. This would work with AI b/c AI think for themselves, but b/c we are mere human beings, a lot of votes/actions can be done out of spite and it makes for a not very fun ending. However, if we did ban money heavy civs (like Venice) it might work b/c no one civ would have all the delegates in their pocket books.

Secondly, culture victory is near IMPOSSIBLE now. If there's another civ that is going culture heavy, the tourism count would NEVER catch up to their culture unless you're a tourism heavy civ (like Brazil). We'll still keep it as an option b/c it seems silly to remove it but it's something I realized. The fact that you have to have influence over EVERY civ is a little too much imo.

I don't think anyone's tried domination victory yet so I have no words there.

Science victory is same as ever.

Anyway, it's been a lot of fun. Although the core group might not all be present, I'm still going to be availble up until the early August days. Let's get a few more games in before we all disappear!
Image[/url]
Gardalop
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Gardalop »

I am going to play a tourism heavy civ tomorrow night with only culture victory turned on on prince dificulty and see if it is even possible at all.
haruky
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Re: [Civilization V] BNW for $21! Check OP and last post!

Post by haruky »

BNW is on sale again @ GMG.

http://www.greenmangaming.com/?gmgr=hexuviqa

Please use my ref link to make an account if you don't have an account already. You will get $2 as soon as you spend $2 and I get $2 as well. I would really appreciate it if you use it. If not, that's cool too.

http://www.greenmangaming.com/s/us/en/p ... -world-na/

That's the link to the game.

GMG30-LY2G6-UKDYY

That's the voucher for 30% off. Enter it as you check out.
Image[/url]
Gardalop
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Gardalop »

I have recently got a new bug in my Civilization V where the game crashes upon winning the game. The bug showed up with Brave New World. I have looked for a solution on the internet but it seems like I am the only one having these problems any ideas would be great. :? :cry:
haruky
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by haruky »

Gardalop wrote:I have recently got a new bug in my Civilization V where the game crashes upon winning the game. The bug showed up with Brave New World. I have looked for a solution on the internet but it seems like I am the only one having these problems any ideas would be great. :? :cry:
Have you tried to verify cache?
Image[/url]
Gardalop
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Gardalop »

haruky wrote:
Gardalop wrote:I have recently got a new bug in my Civilization V where the game crashes upon winning the game. The bug showed up with Brave New World. I have looked for a solution on the internet but it seems like I am the only one having these problems any ideas would be great. :? :cry:
Have you tried to verify cache?
Never mind I have fixed it. I do not know how I fixed it but I did by deleting everything from civ V on my computer. This included the my games folder part of civ including the saves and settings. I did back up the saves and then re installed. That fixed it a regular re install did not.
Cheesy
Executive
Executive

Post by Cheesy »

Looks like Civ 5 is only $7 today http://store.steampowered.com/app/8930/
Gardalop
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Gardalop »

Can we please try to get a game going sometime this week?
haruky
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Re: [Civilization V] Game today?

Post by haruky »

Is anyone up for a game today?
Image[/url]
Gardalop
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Gardalop »

haruky wrote:Is anyone up for a game today?
I will be gone until August 9th so no games for me it looks like we wont have a game going until september. And I have no idea where Hiendthor and Cognito went.
haruky
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by haruky »

Gardalop wrote:
haruky wrote:Is anyone up for a game today?
I will be gone until August 9th so no games for me it looks like we wont have a game going until september. And I have no idea where Hiendthor and Cognito went.
School starts soon. And I'm leaving country and won't be back until mid Sept. It was fun while it lasted guys! Till next time!
Image[/url]
KoffeinFlummi
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by KoffeinFlummi »

haruky wrote:School starts soon. And I'm leaving country and won't be back until mid Sept. It was fun while it lasted guys! Till next time!
:cry:
haruky
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Re: [Civilization V] NA & EU together. The Solution: Host Up

Post by haruky »

So, us NAs and EUs may be able to play after all. I learned that as long as the host has good upload speeds, game turns get processed faster because all the data gets uploaded to all the other players faster.

So... who has beastly upload speeds??????

Edit: This is just a hypothesis..
Image[/url]
haruky
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Re: [Civilization V] New Patch! Perhaps game soon..?

Post by haruky »

Okay, so I reintalled Civ b/c the new patch came out... I'm up for some games tonight if anyone wants to.
Image[/url]