[Civilization V] Boys.. Perhaps a match

Arrange pub meets and gathers, discuss your favorite games.

Moderator: Executive

LongBowNL
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Re: Civilization V FLASH SALE ON STEAM.

Post by LongBowNL »

Which parts do you advise us to buy? Game of the year edition and what DLC?
Arcturus
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Arcturus »

OMIGAWD Civ3 is included! Civ3 is by far the best of them all YEEEEEAAH
BF3 C2 - Lt. | BF3 C3 - Maj. | BF3 C4 - Field Marshall | BF3 C5 - Tournament Administrator
haruky
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by haruky »

LongBowNL wrote:Which parts do you advise us to buy? Game of the year edition and what DLC?
I wish I was awake earlier to answer the question since the sale is over now.

I recommend grabbing Civ V and get the Gods and Kings expansion.
People say Civ IV is the best Civ but I haven't played it before so I can't really say much.

I ended up grabbing all the extra Civ DLC for like 8 bucks.
Image[/url]
LongBowNL
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by LongBowNL »

I got Civ 5 Game of the Year Edition and Gods and Kings expansion.
haruky
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by haruky »

LongBowNL wrote:I got Civ 5 Game of the Year Edition and Gods and Kings expansion.
Good choice! I reckon that it'll be on sale on front page later this week too, in case you wanted to grab the other civilizations DLC.

Now you can join us in the rage in team speak channels. :lol:
Image[/url]
LongBowNL
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by LongBowNL »

Already joined the rage fun! 8)
bitesizebeef

Re: Civilization V Thread

Post by bitesizebeef »

yea me and A4's sleep deprivedhorror fun house 8O
bitesizebeef

Post by bitesizebeef »

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KzjGkquFGlk[/youtube]

For whoever we were talking about chicken and waffles with this morning too lol
Henidhor
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Henidhor »

Bitesizebeef and I had a pretty interesting game last night. I, as Austria, started out (again) in a mediocre corner of the map, except I had even less territory, and was directly across a small desert from Isabella's capital, Madrid, who had slightly better land than me and had all the advantages of an Emperor AI. It was inevitable that we were going to war eventually, but just as I was starting to build an army, she rushed me with warriors and archers. Thankfully, although I didn't have any iron, I had 1 source or horses, which I used along with catapults and archers, I turned the tide of battle on my doorstep, routed Isabella's troop, and chased them across the great desert and arrived at the gates of Madrid. Using my superior tactics, cavalry maneuvering, catapults, which I had quickly researched, I broke the gates and stormed the walls, claiming it as my own. The city state of Belgrade, in return for returning a worker to them, had sent me a swordsman, which led my charge. Meanwhile my horsemen raided the countryside, raping, pillaging, and rounding up Spain's citizens as slaves to build my roads.

But while I still only had my capital and the newly acquired Madrid, the holy city for Christianity, Isabella had escaped to Barcelona in the east, and forces still were incoming from Seville in the west. However Barcelona fared worse than Madrid, lacking the safety of the walls of Madrid, an quickly fell to my army. Without rest, my battered troops turned around and began a forced march to Seville, the last remaining Spanish stronghold. While the Spanish force equipment and training had greatly improved by this time, the city still fell, and Isabella was killed hiding behind a curtain in her palace, beheaded by my army's general, Oliver Cromwell.

Now my troops rested for many years, recuperating and re-equiping themselves and Austrian scientists researched into a new mysterious substance called black powder. In this time a city, Salzburg, was founded on the only other decent piece of land on the subcontinent, west of the great desert. But as soon as the Austrian legions had reassembled intelligence arrived of a Greek City, called Pharsalos on Austria's subcontinent, established without warning or permission, suspected to be a beachead for an impending invasion. The Austrian legions, equipped with their new composite bows, longswords, and plate armor quickly claimed the city for the Austrians.

But something about this continent proved irresistible, as just as the workers of Austria had finished the great crossroads connecting all of Austrian Civilization in the center of the great desert, a Carthaginian settlement sprang up in the middle of the desert, effectively blocking all Austrian trade. Now the Carthaginians were a much more advanced and superior civilization, but due the remoteness of the city to the main Carthaginian Empire, there were no troops in it. Nevertheless, this city, Hardumentum, was almost twice as well defended as Vienna, despite having no walls and a quarter of the population. But still this city fell to Austrian troops, now equipped with new weapons, named "muskets."

Aaaand at this point I was tired, Carthage was more than twice my score, every city state in the world hated me because somehow Carthage had allied all of them so I went to bed. This entire time Bitesizebeef was between Carthage and Greece and had been fighting them the for millenia, and was about 150 points below me.
BF3:
C2: [K22S] Kinetic Influence - Senior Operative
C3: [PI3d] PRIDe - Lieutenant
C4: [G1S] Gladius - Sergeant
C5: [KYT] Kitten Adventure Rainbow Time - Private 1st Class
C6: [SIP] International Monetary Fund - Private
BF4
C1: [AD] Allied Forces - Private
Hitman47
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Re: [Civilization V] Thread

Post by Hitman47 »

I might join in on this, what do I need exactly to be able to play with you fellas? Is Civ V Game of the year enough? Also, I always played singleplayer civ never multi, how does it work, do you like wait for every player to complete his turn or how (that sounds boring)?
BF2: C5 - Corporal | C6 - Corporal | C7 - Feldwebel (Sergeant) | C8 - Neutral Peace Keeper | C9 - Captain | C10 - Grand Moff (HC) | C11 - Macaca (Staff Sergeant) | C12 - Major | C13 - Corporal
BF3: C1 - Colonel | C2 - General | C3 - Neutral | C4 - Brigadier | C5 - Private | C6 - Brigadier General
BF4: C1 - Tournament Admin | C2 - General
haruky
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by haruky »

Hitman47 wrote:I might join in on this, what do I need exactly to be able to play with you fellas? Is Civ V Game of the year enough? Also, I always played singleplayer civ never multi, how does it work, do you like wait for every player to complete his turn or how (that sounds boring)?
In multiplayer, there are no "turns". Everything happens real time. So it becomes a game of who can click the fastest sometimes. Everyone makes their turn at the same time and once they're done w/ their turn, they click next turn. The game then waits for everyone to click "next turn" and then it starts again. The games take a VERY long time since you do have to wait for everyone to click next turn. Some players are especially slow for some reason (a4...) but most of the people are pretty quick to click next turn.

The things you'll need are:

Civ V vanilla
Civ V Gods and Kings

Civ V GOTY doesn't come with Gods and Kings.

However, a few of us have gotten the other civilizations. Primarily Korea and Babylons. You might want to consider investing in that as well.
Image[/url]
Hitman47
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Hitman47 »

so what if I only get civ 5 game of year? :o
BF2: C5 - Corporal | C6 - Corporal | C7 - Feldwebel (Sergeant) | C8 - Neutral Peace Keeper | C9 - Captain | C10 - Grand Moff (HC) | C11 - Macaca (Staff Sergeant) | C12 - Major | C13 - Corporal
BF3: C1 - Colonel | C2 - General | C3 - Neutral | C4 - Brigadier | C5 - Private | C6 - Brigadier General
haruky
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by haruky »

Hitman47 wrote:so what if I only get civ 5 game of year? :o
Won't work unfortunately. Gotta have at least Gods and Kings. :c
Image[/url]
Hitman47
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Hitman47 »

I got civ 5 goty and gods and kings expansion, now lets get a game going! :twisted:
haruky
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by haruky »

Civ V is ON SALE TODAY.

Grab the DLC guys!!! Srs. They're a dollar each.
Image[/url]